Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MancBee

VIP Member
I wasn't sure if I should post this as I always seem to have a "me" story. But here goes...

When I was a teenager, I went to the pub underage and got really drunk. When I got home dad was on nights and everyone else had gone to bed. I was starving so pulled out the chip pan and put it on the cooker on high. Changed my mind and had a butty instread. Turned off the ring under the pan and went to bed...

Well you all know what happened next. The ring was not completely off and the pan heated up until it went on fire. We were woken up by a neighbour who had seen the flames. We all got out, but by the time the fire brigade arrived the house was completely engulfed in flames. Dad came home from work to a burnt shell of a home, and we were being looked after by neighbours.

We had to be rehoused by the council (yes, we rented from the council!). Unfortunately the contents insurance was nowhere near enough to replace everything.

My mum and dad were amazing, supportive of me and how I felt. It could have ended in tragedy and they were just so glad it didn't.

To get to the point. Jack is just so, so wrong to suggest deep frying in a saucepan. It's incredibly dangerous, especially for someone saying they were accident prone just days before.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 98

Satisfying Click

VIP Member
Jack really manages to bring out the worst in food. If you want to show off an enriched dough like brioche, it's better once the dough has been rolled, so you can see how soft and silky it is.

Screenshot 2021-11-10 at 11.47.13.png

This is from Cookist. It is not my hand #Caroline

Screenshot 2021-11-10 at 11.47.22.png

Jack has torn strips off the dough like she's at the local pond, aiming for the duck's heads as though they're former teachers.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 98

Saint_clemmie

VIP Member
I can’t stop thinking about all the times she referenced being sober during her latest off the wagon stint. She has consistently lied, and even when cabal members were suspicious that she was drinking or on something, I thought no, she can’t be. She even expressed her outrage at companies sending boozy gifts to her via her agent, and pitched AF kombucha product to Spencer Matthews on Twitter. She also showed off her medications collection, dangerously decanted into tubs, and regaled us with tales of her being an EXPERT pharmacist, another past life she's lived.
She's an expert bullshitter and outright liar. If she was ever called out for her behaviour, being an “addict” will forever be her excuse. However she was her sober self during the THAT MAN chaos, right?

tbh I can’t get over the blatant lies, how does she get away with it? I know she’s not even a “minor celeb” these days, but she does occasionally get slots on the radio and some fairly decently paid partnership opportunities. She’s clearly in the position where she doesn’t need to worry about a missing laptop and can spunk £200+ on a questionable beige suit that she will never wear on a whim. She’ll stick it in her wardrobe between the Viv (rip) and her Burberry and continue to imply she’s struggling financially, she’ll continue to accept money for nothing from her fans and avoid paying her taxes. (Perhaps her biggest double standard yet) How, when it’s so clear to see, doesn’t she get called out? For her name to be suggested along side Sir David Attenborough, it’s a joke!

she literally lies every single day on Twitter sober or not, when she elevenerife’s everyone and has already tried everything! It’s compulsive.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 90

Marmalade Atkins

VIP Member
I didn't post this at the time, but the mention of Matt Tebbutt just reminded me about it.

Pink Squiggle = Matt's wife.

original caption under photograph:
Screenshot_20211109-184624_Instagram.jpg

One of the comments:
Screenshot_20211109-184105_Instagram.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 82

MancBee

VIP Member
I have just noticed that there are quite a few new members liking posts. Welcome, stick around and join in. We always like to hear what made you question Jack, and how you found here.

• Heart
Reactions: 81

Gettingallfatandsassy

Chatty Member
Anyway any new frau want to tell us how it dawned on them that the people’s pov princess might actually be a massive blagger?

I purchased cooking on a bootstrap during lockdown last year. Money was tight, food difficult to get and needed some inspiration. Knew she was being hailed as the poverty poster child so thought it would help.

it didn't. The book was useless and full of uninspired and pretty gross recipes. I've not tried a single one 😂 there is a massive gulf between what I was expecting and what I received.

Arrived here whilst looking up Mooney Tate and well....all those little doubts about various youtubers/Instagrammers etc have all added up now. I don't like to slate people maliciously but I do enjoy people with 'a voice and influence' being called out if they're in the wrong, especially with little to no regulation on them.

• Heart
Reactions: 79

Fruitjack

VIP Member
So why (if you're a frugal person who doesn't want to waste leftovers) would you deep fry perfectly good chocolates when there's a myriad of other ways you could use them up? Including just, you know, eating them.

Why would you do that? Also, is Jack aware that chocolate often lasts well beyond its 'best before' and normally tastes perfectly fine?

Like fuck me what planet do these people live on.
Just this morning someone I know* found a Fry's peppermint cream in their desk drawer BB 2018 and ate it.

*Me

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 77
I like to think I am a pretty chill vegan but the term 'flexitarian' really deep-fries my sprouts. People adopting terms like that are the reason why I've been offered fish when I was vegetarian and lactose-free dairy milk when I'm vegan, it just confuses the issue. You're not special, you're a twit with a sense of self-importance so big you had to buy that flippin expensive stupid prohibition-era American gangster suit to be able to accommodate it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 76

Silver Linings

VIP Member
Title by @Flash123

Wiki is pink button for newbies

Pls remember no thread titles until the sun is setting behind the soft pink curtains (after page 35ish) and no swearing in them.

• Heart
  • Haha
I am so pleased to read this. I am in the select few that also believe her “alcoholism” is severely exaggerated for clicks and likes. It feels incredibly mean spirited to say so but, like a few here, being around “proper” alcoholics and seeing them literally die of their disease is such a terrible, all pervasive thing. She has clearly dabbled and binged...she may well have been abusing pills too or even a cheeky gram or two of something and she was definitely off her head when she was being abusive to that poor head teacher and when she was in her “fugue” state. But does that mean she is an alcoholic? Naaaaa. Not for me, anyway.

Thing is, who will argue it? It’s like a celeb Get Out Of Jail Free card. You would be a proper twat if you called her out publicly. So - here we are, Recovery and Abstinence Jack (until the next absolute fuckup then it will be “Sorry I fell off the wagon - ODAAT Jack again).

Puke inducing - even more so than her greasy, oiled up fish slop.
Agree completely but funnily it’s the opposite suspicion for me. Jack recounts the very stereotypical depiction of alcoholism that really tends to only be the experience of much older people (and ime, men) who’ve grown a physical tolerance so can put away the volumes she describes and/or become physically addicted. For a lot of young women in the rooms there’s nothing “wrong” with us on the outside, you wouldn’t say so and so is an alcoholic, it’s “just” a serious mental health problem (or set of) if that makes sense?

Me-rail sorry but I definitely didn’t drink or drug more than my peers who were and continue to be fine and normal, in fact most of them were confused when I got sober, for a lot of women it’s the mental state we’re in that warrants seeking help. And it annoys me because Jack sharing this keeps up that false notion that you have to be a physically addicted person in the pits of despair to seek out recovery? Like I was a binge drinker / partier which is SO normal for your early 20s in a city but the differentiator was my MH being in tatters whereas my peers were fine. Jack never talks about the MH side of things & self esteem & shame which are huge components of it, especially for women (ime). Tbh she doesn’t engage with the program outside of PR opportunities so I imagine she’s not clocked this bit yet?

Sorry for the long comment as always ✨

• Heart

colouredlines

VIP Member
At the start of a work contract, we all had to go and speak to the kitchen staff to let them know about dietary requirements, allergies, etc.

One of my colleagues insisted on announcing that he was flexitarian. The staff did not understand, so I told them in Spanish, "Some days he eats meat, some days he eats fish, and some days he eats vegetables."

Their reaction? "...why is he telling us?"

• Haha