Jack Monroe #219 Why you sob? Russell Hobb

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
light, dense, heavy, spongey they are all just WORDS which means they are INTERCHANGEABLE.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
LIGHT SPONGE PUDDING!! What the duck Jack? That cake was denser than a suburb of London. I could’ve put my windows out throwing it.

Edited- which is it? A pudding or a traybake? Make it make sense!!!
im creased 😂😂😂 god I need to stop reading tattle while pretending to listen to work calls!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 39
I don't think I can handle much more of her cooking. It horrifies me.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I had a Jack inspired chaos the other day. I had absentmindedly put my frozen chopped onions in the veg drawer not the freezer (cos vegetables innit) then tried to re freeze - one giant solid lump.
So when I needed to make something thought I could melt/cook them not to waste the 50p worth or so left. A surprise work call later - simultaneously frozen yet burnt onions welding to the le creuset. Edit 🥕

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
EB597FB6-A323-4330-8278-E73797F6F7F5.jpeg

“Feel like a Del Monte prune”
Dip your head and look vapid, nailed it (also, new era of middle class mum cardigan and bob chic?)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 57
is she cosplaying as the next Mrs J?

An affluent mumsnetter who’s built up a reasonable portfolio of BTL properties in university towns? Doesn’t mind them using blu tack as long as they re paint the entire property after? 🥰

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
Surely though, if she’s attending these meetings and not making it up (which is 50/50 at the moment) the group leader has a responsibility towards the people in the group for their welfare. I’m thinking about how I would feel if I had shared with the group and JM just decided to either put it in a tweet or a diva.pdf for her own gain and sympathy from people. There must be hundreds of ‘famous’ people in rehab or group meetings that we don’t know about as they choose not to broadcast it and it’s in the rules not to. People will stop attending, imagine going and taking that first step and being overpowered by Jack and her steady stream of narcissism, her experiences are worst - I can imagine the leader needing an eye roll reaction as she continually pushes her narrative whenever they’re asked for someone to tell their story. I would never share a thing with Jack in the group as quite simply she’d take the story and make it her own on Twitter for attention.

One things for certain though, if that AA group had a group chat I would bloody love to be in it.
I have sometimes wondered if Jack justifies some of her poverty narrative as not being lies because they may have happened to somebody else. Possibly she even sees this as an sort of activism, amplifying those stories by blasting them to her inexplicably large number of followers. Which would make her a total menace in any group (therapy / AA) setting.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Facebook has memories, we have Jackiversaries

Exactly a year ago today, Jack was dealing with the splinter to end all splinters, rude to helpful Tweets, then trod in some glass later in the day.

Screenshot 2021-11-08 at 15.39.16.png

Screenshot 2021-11-08 at 15.35.46.png

Jack and the Bubble Buddy made pizza (LJC bought fancy cheese and asparagus to cheer Jack up as she must have been a grumpy nightmare that day). This was at the time of £20 for three people twice-daily ASDA hauls. Jack reminds the audience that BB is inept and cannot cook anything

Screenshot 2021-11-08 at 15.35.11.png

Screenshot 2021-11-08 at 15.35.17.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.