Jack Monroe #214 Obviously not quite such a big name in Southend

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The tale spinning is never-ending, sigh. The photo that accompanies that hot mess is interesting though; her eyeshadow is hysterical. Despite haunting Mrs Gloss and the Goss, she refuses to blend (unless a shiny eye is required).

Also

this Mrs gloss wants doing under the trades description act, this #lewk has made Jack look incredibly ill

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I'm probably very late to the party, I'm grunking whilst my youngest naps and don't know where this will land, but that bowl of God knows what is positively wretched. It's turning my stomach. Can you imagine coming home from school and your mum presenting you with a dog turd in a bowl saying "look what I made for us?" I'd throw up on the spot. Poor SB. I hope he gets fed better at his dad's. Normal food and none of this maverick nonsense that looks like baby food or baby poo interchangeably and wouldn't fill a toddler.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
View attachment 819362

Jack LOVES facts telling fairytales.

This whole aticle is full of lies, oh my days, she really lives in her own reality. Six months food bank user? Curing meats on a deli counter? Debenhams? Working class? 'It could be served at The Ivy?!!!! Oh no Jack. Oh no.

LJC that fork drawer 🙈 @MancBee avert your eyes, dear heart!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Excuse me… I’m now in full time employment?

that interview makes her parents and SBs dad look bad.

i thought she clarified that the food bank use was only once. Those dates mean only one pov Christmas, not the several versions she gives.

Reactions: 31
The tale spinning is never-ending, sigh. The photo that accompanies that hot mess is interesting though; her eyeshadow is hysterical. Despite haunting Mrs Gloss and the Goss, she refuses to blend (unless a shiny eye is required). Ruby’s writing style is good, though, she really can write.

Also hah, @Clovis spotted it first 🤣
Her ears look normal 👀👂🏻

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I guess so, it's in her own words! Trying to find anything else she's said / written which may contradict it but nothing so far.
God knows where her claims of "living rough for two years" fit in.

I don’t know why but she always gives me big Gilbert energy. Just to look at really. This is not me endorsing the Gilbert show, just that she always reminds me of it!
GRANDDAD!! (is DEAD)

• Haha
Reactions: 30
This Mirror Article tells the same story as the Eamonn vid (but not six months tho) October 2012 she says :

This Blog post mentions writing for the Independent late 2012

This seems to be the same as the blog post but edited and on Grazia, weird;

At least Jack is telling the truth for a sentence at least!

FC455675-0A07-443C-A7D1-CC164D6020A4.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Oh the hyperbole. She was skint for a few months, could have asked for help but didn’t (so she reckons). Now she has luxuries her loyal flollowers could only dream of.

But, but that traumatic 10 weeks…six months…three years..?

• Haha
Reactions: 46
This Mirror Article tells the same story as the Eamonn vid (but not six months tho) October 2012 she says :

This Blog post mentions writing for the Independent late 2012

This seems to be the same as the blog post but edited and on Grazia, weird;

At least Jack is telling the truth for a sentence at least!

View attachment 819612
'...a cavernous part of myself.'
I genuinely feel bilious.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I know everyone deals with things differently and I don’t want to be dismissive of people’s experience. I’ve suffered a lot with my mental health and it’s not comparable.

I’ve worked with a lot of displaced families who have fled war, torture and very real risk to their lives. Some of the individuals have witnessed family members being murdered in front of them.
We thankfully have good local agencies and resources to offer support and counselling for people who are in need of it.

Not once have any of these individuals sat and moaned to me about how hard their life is, or implied that they feel sorry for themselves or that others should feel sorry for them.
I wouldn’t blame them if they did, but they don’t.

They are resilient because they’ve had to be and of course they’re deeply affected, they’re human. But they dont allow it to define them.

Generally people want to feel better, they want to move on With their lives. While the experiences will never leave them and have shaped them to some degree, most people tell me that they want to build a safe and happy life and are so grateful to be here in the UK. Jack doesn’t know she’s born dwelling on what is merely a blip in a pretty charmed life.

Sorry for the formatting, grammar etc, Typing quickly and Jack pisses me off.

• Heart
Reactions: 67
I know everyone deals with things differently and I don’t want to be dismissive of people’s experience. I’ve suffered a lot with my mental health and it’s not comparable.

I’ve worked with a lot of displaced families who have fled war, torture and very real risk to their lives. Some of the individuals have witnessed family members being murdered in front of them.
We thankfully have good local agencies and resources to offer support and counselling for people who are in need of it.

Not once have any of these individuals sat and moaned to me about how hard their life is, or implied that they feel sorry for themselves or that others should feel sorry for them.
I wouldn’t blame them if they did, but they don’t.

They are resilient because they’ve had to be and of course they’re deeply affected, they’re human. But they dont allow it to define them.

Generally people want to feel better, they want to move on With their lives. While the experiences will never leave them and have shaped them to some degree, most people tell me that they want to build a safe and happy life and are so grateful to be here in the UK. Jack doesn’t know she’s born dwelling on what is merely a blip in a pretty charmed life.

Sorry for the formatting, grammar etc, Typing quickly and Jack pisses me off.
I can see this, again i have dealt with some tit and now and again i have an off day, i allow myself but i pick myself up and move on. I try not to dwell on my past, it happened i cannot change it, so i try and improve my future. She cant seem to move forward for some reason.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Sorry to double post but just to agree with the foodbank post. The maximum referrals is twice in six months / 4 x a year, to ensure equity for all.

I refer people through work. Locally we have small church run foodbanks that are a bit more relaxed and will sometimes help families out to bridge a short gap e.g. until their benefits kick in. It’s not indefinite though as there are unfortunately far too many people in need of the service.

I’m sure she said once, she’s dined out on the tin of peaches story often enough. If she’d had more parcels I’m sure there’d me more fantabulous tales.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.