Jack Monroe #214 Obviously not quite such a big name in Southend

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My ex worked with Jack on a BBC show in 2013 so I’m also baffled as to when the poverty was meant to be. Does she really count the post Allegra years (ie not living with a millionaire) as ‘poverty’?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
View attachment 819362

Jack LOVES facts telling fairytales.

This whole aticle is full of lies, oh my days, she really lives in her own reality. Six months food bank user? Curing meats on a deli counter? Debenhams? Working class? 'It could be served at The Ivy?!!!! Oh no Jack. Oh no.

"...at the supermarket I worked at, I was on the cheese and ham counter for a while. My god, that was fun. I learned loads about cheese and curing meats.”

Yair, cos they do so much curing of meats in a supermarket. It's toe to tail, in supermarkets. Ancient arts of preserving and whittling little fences for the piggies, in a supermarket

• Haha
Reactions: 58
If She wanted to truly help people then why not donate the books directly as they are her books? Why need to raise OTHER people’s money to pay for them?!?
Because donating them herself wouldn't line her pockets or push the book further up the best-seller chart.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
View attachment 819362

This whole aticle is full of lies, oh my days, she really lives in her own reality. Six months food bank user? Curing meats on a deli counter? Debenhams? Working class? 'It could be served at The Ivy?!!!! Oh no Jack. Oh no.

That was written 2 months after she moved in, look how clean the house is!!
All those cards, from Jack's adoring public nonchalantly just scattered around for the photographer to find. Pathetic.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
That was written 2 months after she moved in, look how clean the house is!!
All those cards, from Jack's adoring public nonchalantly just scattered around for the photographer to find. Pathetic.
The cards was my fav bit, blatantly bought most of them herself, we all know she never opens her post.

She really laid it on thick in this article, plus, it says at beginning she 'lithely ran up the stairs to sort her hair', but, look at it! Ergh.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
My ex worked with Jack on a BBC show in 2013 so I’m also baffled as to when the poverty was meant to be. Does she really count the post Allegra years (ie not living with a millionaire) as ‘poverty’?
In her first Guardian article in July 2013 Jack writes that she left her lucrative job in November 2011 and wrote her Hunger Hurts blog (now taken down) in July 2012 and was then, several months later, referred to a local food bank.
Make it make bleeping sense :unsure:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
Ooh, welcome!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
View attachment 819362

Jack says about raising £24,000, "I'm never going to get rich doing this", why would anyone want to get rich from doing charity work? It's so shady, she's so shady! Money is all she thinks about.

Also noticed how tidy the kitchen looks in the pictures, must have paid someone to do that because Jack's lazy and disorganised

• Heart
Reactions: 39
That's the thing though, a lot of people DO get rich from charity work. I've witnessed it first hand.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Last edited:
Reactions: 30
I was trying to figure out when she was using foodbanks - this was filmed in May 2013 and she says she's been using them for "the past 6 months".

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 41
View attachment 819362

The tale spinning is never-ending, sigh. The photo that accompanies that hot mess is interesting though; her eyeshadow is hysterical. Despite haunting Mrs Gloss and the Goss, she refuses to blend (unless a shiny eye is required). Ruby’s writing style is good, though, she really can write.

Also hah, @Clovis spotted it first 🤣

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.