Jack Monroe #213 Something for nothing is her USP

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And the meds that she went through the communal skip looking for.
This i always thought odd, surely you would just phone the pharmacy and say i fucked up not hope in the bin to fetch them out.

Reactions: 15
This i always thought odd, surely you would just phone the pharmacy and say i fucked up not hope in the bin to fetch them out.
I was looking earlier for her pill photo (can't find it but haven't looked very far) and she was paying through the nose for some her her scripts. Also noticed she said she was on tramadol (screenshot courtesy of @LavaFlake). Lots of interesting stuff in our archives!

Screenshot_20200627-124342_Twitter.jpg

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
Thank you @heretoreaditall2019 ❤ Doing the number crunching Lord's work.
It’s honestly mithering about something I know duck all about but if she wants to make rent with her ad revenue I *think* she would need to generate around 550k page views per month, this is assuming 4 ads per page & a cpm of £3.50 less Google’s 14% deduction (net = £3.01 or £0.003 per impression) but that’s v generous. The reality will probably be closer to a mill page views required a month.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I seem to remember that the Dr wouldn’t replace the lost medication and then she found it on the stairs….

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
I seem to remember that the Dr wouldn’t replace the lost medication and then she found it on the stairs….
Yes, because no one ever accidentally on purpose 'lost' addictive pain medication. I was on tramadol for about 2 weeks a few years ago after some surgery. I was so careful with that stuff. Did NOT want my kids to accidentally get hold of it or for it to just end up in the box with paracetamol and plasters. Dr made it very clear it was nothing to be messed with. I can understand why people become addicted. It was really lovely stuff.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
Jack really can't stand it when someone has a worse day than her. This latest Insta story is, I am sure, triggered by the murder of a local MP and the fact that she has backed herself into a corner so she is unable to comment or find a way of making it about her. It's made her feel invisible. She reminds me of a small child tugging on its mother's skirt for attention because just for a minute, the focus was somewhere else.

She needs to realise that a lot of the work involved in dealing with addiction is boring, thankless, devoid of praise, and takes place in the private sphere. It isn't healthy to ask for support or encouragement solely via the medium of crisis. You have to find a way of feeling fully alive when seemingly *nothing* is happening.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Tramadol is some serious tit. I knew someone addicted to it. She was a total munchie (to the extent that people thought she was life-limited… afaik she’s still alive and kicking!) and OMG she was seriously addicted to Tramadol. Obsessively counting down the minutes until her next dose, 24/7.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.