Jack Monroe #213 Something for nothing is her USP

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yet another version of Jack I hate. The "tried it" response to every suggestion to help her endless ailments. Yet all the time all she was really doing was necking pain.

Reactions: 27
She hasn’t managed any more Patreons out of the burglary, soz to be a bore but I genuinely can’t understand how she’s financially sustaining herself at the moment? I know she gets the free Patreon grand or two a month but that barely even covers rent let alone bills & living & her spending addiction?

I feel really sorry for SB & dad because from the public social media posts their lifestyle seems quite the way away from hers & her staying in decent hotels 40 miles away from home for T&G haircuts and multiples of the same £11 starter, and it’s really fucked up that can be the case.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
Yet another version of Jack I hate. The "tried it" response to every suggestion to help her endless ailments. Yet all the time all she was really doing was necking pain.
It's her positioning of herself as some sort of addiction / ADHD / etc 'expert' for me, and how someone so clearly ill-equipped to advise can nonetheless have a massive influence on so many people.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
She hasn’t managed any more Patreons out of the burglary, soz to be a bore but I genuinely can’t understand how she’s financially sustaining herself at the moment? I know she gets the free Patreon grand or two a month but that barely even covers rent let alone bills & living & her spending addiction?

I feel really sorry for SB & dad because from the public social media posts their lifestyle seems quite the way away from hers & her staying in decent hotels 40 miles away from home for T&G haircuts and multiples of the same £11 starter, and it’s really fucked up that can be the case.
How much would she get for website adverts etc? I imagine her traffic will have dropped significantly since she is not properly promoting it, adding new content etc.

I expect she probably got a tidy sum for the Conservative Party panel, although pure speculation ofc.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
No offence but it sounds like shes always on the pathway to burnout?! Why does she keep doing unsustainable jobs?

If its affecting your health hun, stop?!
I think Jack mistakes feeling any pressure or being frazzled, or "end of big project" as burnout

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I'm surprised EcoJack doesn't make her own coffee pods out of hair and grapefruit peel or something.
I’ve just spent quite a bit of time, (wasting time to put off doing a pile of ironing )
trying to work out how to make coffee pods from hair and grapefruit peel.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I have a Nespresso machine, I know fancy. It was gifted OK, can't poor people have nice things? Hnnnnngggggg. (I bought it with vouchers in reality)

Seriously though, the pods are expensive to buy and they are not particularly easy to recycle. You can't put them into household recycling, you have to take the used pods back to the store or chuck them in the landfill bin. I have found an online company that does pods that you can put in the food waste bin, but they are no less expensive. I usually use instant as it is easier.

Jack is just an advertisers dream, she wants more and more "stuff". They could sell her anything with a glossy add, regardless of the financial or environmental cost.

Jack believes all the rubbish pushed by high end companies. Buy this expensive "item" and your life will be transformed. No, it won't.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I’ve just spent quite a bit of time, (wasting time to put off doing a pile of ironing )
trying to work out how to make coffee pods from hair and grapefruit peel.
Google Blackadder mud for Baldricks coffee hack

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I think where Jack went wrong is you’re supposed to take pain with a glass of water, usually after eating. Smashing them into her face isn’t an effective way to absorb them and sounds like it hurts, just causing more pain.

My friend has an espresso and as a treat he just buys a tube of the latest fancy flavour, they do different specials, probably have a pumpkin spice one at the mo. Easy for him as he lives near a store.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Ohh, I’d missed the breadcrumbing about painkiller addiction.

And the meds that she went through the communal skip looking for.
Possibly thrown away by Louisa? I can imagine that happening, and then Jack making a show of retrieving them 😳

Reactions: 12
Grunking so this may have already been said - but Jack is too lazy to be an MP. It's one of the very few things I empathise about as I am also naturally lazy. I hate having to make an effort as it goes against my nature but you know what? Being an adult means you have to. I studied hard and have a job I'm good at because despite everything in myself telling me to just sit down and have a nap, I fight against my inbuilt laziness. Jack could have achieved so much more by doing the same (obviously not saying I'm perfect by any means, it's a struggle to be productive but given Jack wants to be famous and have allll the money she could have done so much more with her platform)

• Heart
Reactions: 40
How much would she get for website adverts etc? I imagine her traffic will have dropped significantly since she is not properly promoting it, adding new content etc.

I expect she probably got a tidy sum for the Conservative Party panel, although pure speculation ofc.
Scared of being boring so bullet pointing this lol - there will be legit fraus who actually work in marketing who will be able to correct any mistakes in this:
* the quality of her ads is low, like even the hell site that is tattle has better quality ads (I have had Gucci before! 💅🏻) so will be yielding low cpms, think like £2/3 per 1k views and that’s being incredibly generous? Then you’ve got to deduct ad tech fees.
* her search volume is low - our last census had us at what, 6/700 users and yet Google searches for us are double her site’s recipes? So that’s 3/400 a month…? I know she’ll have some direct traffic from the #FBPE huns but how much can that even be now they’ve not got free 4G in the Dordogne 😭
* her site ranks low on google because it’s a technical mess so organic discovery will be low, when I googled bootstrap cook to look at it it wasn’t in the first few results
* she’s well known for a few recipes & the squiggles only reference those few too. So I’d assume she’s only getting 1/2 page sessions
* so assuming 300 visitors * an incredibly generous average 4 page session = 1.2k page views a month, if she pops 3 ads on a page that’ll be 3.6k impressions say she gets a £3 cpm that will have earnt her under £12pcm before adtech deductions.

That’s why the press go for click bait trash cos it’s really a volumes game, same with YouTube you’re getting percentages of the penny per view so it’s all about volume.

ETA - just realised this assumes 0% bounce rate which is unrealistic, gonna make sandwiches and then do you a proper model to see what she’d need to make rent with this

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.