Jack Monroe #213 Something for nothing is her USP

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 814112View attachment 814113

A tale of Christmas told twice. In the first she couldn't even afford SB a present, yet, in the second telling she could afford 'cheap lager' for herself. She's a walking hypocrite. She is playing into the propaganda that people in need of Food Banks are lazy slobs, spending their benefits on anything but food, because they can always use a food bank.

A one year old wouldn’t even know what Christmas Day was though. I’m not saying it’s nice not having a present but it’s not exactly going to scar a one year old for life.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
It was a human level, not a political one. Heartbreaking for any parent
Exactly this!

Jack said Cameron used his son for misty eyed rhetoric whilst selling the NHS to his mates - even the god awful woman Sarah Vine got it right when she said that actually Jack had used her son to build her “career”, single mum who couldn’t feed/clothe/warm her son. She’s such a Fuxking hypocrite 😏

• Heart
Reactions: 56
A school mum of my acquaintance does this on her Instagram. It’s absolutely horrifying. She’ll quote some basic phrase and then put her name underneath, like she came up with it herself and she hopes to go viral. Criiinge.

Imagine this:

~*~*~ Smile! Life is short ~*~*~
- Gemma

It actually doesn’t surprise me that Jack is trying this.
Would bet my house that she sells Body Shop from home.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
But but she said she didn’t drink when she couldn’t feed her son in THIS article, she wants to be absolutely clear about that.
Working behind the cocktail bar was a different kind of escapism, a creative outlet with a newfound respect for alcohol. I didn’t drink as I was also working day shifts in a coffee shop and, later, the fire service, and needed my wits about me to pull off my 60-hour working weeks.
I left the nightclub when I was pregnant (needless to say, I was sober throughout), and the fire service two years later. I was on the dole, which led to a period of extreme poverty. Needless to say, I did not drink when I could not afford to feed myself and my son. I used the odd can of Sainsbury’s Basics lager in a stew or casserole, but I didn’t drink it. I want to be absolutely clear about that.

I don’t believe a word of what she writes, she didn’t drink when she was working in a club, she didn’t drink when she was a call handler at the FS, she didn’t drink when she couldn’t afford to feed herself and her son (note how she puts herself before her son - like most mums would say my son and me/I - also that’s the correct grammar writer/journalist 🤔)
Hate this and hate that the guardian published something so vile & punching downwards? By the grace of god go I / all of us that we don’t find ourselves in the position those mummies have/currently do. Obviously not minimising how awful it is for the kids or excusing them, but the mums that do drink (unlike saint Monroe) are powerless in this and will be more than aware of the damage they caused without a landlord’s daughter’s think pieces.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Jack's late to the party if she's going to start quoting herself, when was it we had the motivational posters collaborative chaos? Any moment now she'll be tweeting about her new campaign KONY 2012.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Wow, lots of filler going on there.

OK, let me rephrase Lanie’s comment: Jack is a conventionally attractive person in their 30s with a predilection towards making themselves look terrible with bad clothes and haircuts.
You forgot facetune!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Exactly this!

Jack said Cameron used his son for misty eyed rhetoric whilst selling the NHS to his mates - even the god awful woman Sarah Vine got it right when she said that actually Jack had used her son to build her “career”, single mum who couldn’t feed/clothe/warm her son. She’s such a Fuxking hypocrite 😏
Sorry to quote myself like a bell end but wanted to add- the moment she couldn’t utilise her son/poverty (although we all know she still pulls that tit out when it suits her narrative) she used her identity/ailments etc and started pretending she cared about her sons privacy by referring to him as SB and covering his face. Ugh 😑

• Heart
Sorry to quote myself like a bell end but wanted to add- the moment she couldn’t utilise her son/poverty (although we all know she still pulls that tit out when it suits her narrative) she used her identity/ailments etc and started pretending she cared about her sons privacy by referring to him as SB and covering his face. Ugh 😑
This is what I mean by bandwagoning. She’s always inserting herself into the latest trending minority. It’s sickening. (Case in point- transgender… for a while. I know someone who is transgender and the struggle they have faced to access healthcare and go through the change process is astonishing and they’ve been so brave. Their determination has been consistent from a very young age. Jack just hopped on the bandwagon… then hopped off again when it stopped serving any purpose to her financially.)

• Heart
A one year old wouldn’t even know what Christmas Day was though. I’m not saying it’s nice not having a present but it’s not exactly going to scar a one year old for life.
Didn't the child's grandparents on either side buy a Christmas present for him? Nor his father, nor his Uncles or Aunties, Jack's friends or Jack's grandparents or wider family? The child would have no idea where the presents came from at that age. To be honest they would have no understanding of the concept of presents at the age of one.

Surely her parents would invite her around for Christmas, knowing she was a single parent 🙃. I can not believe that anyone close to her would not invite her and her son for the day, it is after all the season of goodwill. She supposedly has so many friends and supportive relatives, but they all stood by and let her stay on her own, regardless of whether they knew her financial circumstances. As soon as her mother heard that Jack's son would be at his fathers, wouldn't she offer for Jack to come over for Christmas lunch?

What sort of heartless people does Jack have as friends and family?

Or it could all be exaggerated for effect, even if there is a grain of truth.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Didn't the child's grandparents on either side buy a Christmas present for him? Nor his father, nor his Uncles or Aunties, Jack's friends or Jack's grandparents or wider family? The child would have no idea where the presents came from at that age. To be honest they would have no understanding of the concept of presents at the age of one.

Surely her parents would invite her around for Christmas, knowing she was a single parent 🙃. I can not believe that anyone close to her would not invite her and her son for the day, it is after all the season of goodwill. She supposedly has so many friends and supportive relatives, but they all stood by and let her stay on her own, regardless of whether they knew her financial circumstances. As soon as her mother heard that Jack's son would be at his fathers, wouldn't she offer for Jack to come over for Christmas lunch?

What sort of heartless people does Jack have as friends and family?

Or it could all be exaggerated for effect, even if there is a grain of truth.
I’d personally put money on it being the latter. Considering her and SB’s dad had such a good relationship would he have left her in the dark & the freezing cold alone? He took her on holiday with his family after all.

Reactions: 31
Her accent in that interview where she discusses her tats is markedly posh, isn’t it? Ive never heard her quite so ‘received pronunciation’ as that before. Very middle class indeed. Clearly she changes her speech pattern to fit whatever she’s doing. Typical.
Catching up so this may be totally out of synch now, especially if there’s a chaos…

but changing your accent to match other people you’re talking to *can be* part of being autistic.

Reactions: 17
This is what I mean by bandwagoning. She’s always inserting herself into the latest trending minority. It’s sickening. (Case in point- transgender… for a while. I know someone who is transgender and the struggle they have faced to access healthcare and go through the change process is astonishing and they’ve been so brave. Their determination has been consistent from a very young age. Jack just hopped on the bandwagon… then hopped off again when it stopped serving any purpose to her financially.)
How did she manage to access testosterone treatment so easily? Oh of course, she went private. They were clearly too quick to prescribe as her short time on them is testament.

It confirms my assertion that if you have the money, there's a doctor that will prescribe whatever you want. See ADHD diagnosis.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Catching up so this may be totally out of synch now, especially if there’s a chaos…

but changing your accent to match other people you’re talking to *can be* part of being autistic.
It can also be part of being a manipulative con artist.
Jack has thoroughly middle class parents from a well off part of the south east, she went to a grammar school and has a known penchant for playing down to whatever media opportunity she sees at the time. It's all part of her obsession with making money without any effort which worked for a long time thanks to the gullibility of some of the press.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Jack's variable accent derives from often trying to hide her middle class Essex accent by putting on a bit of the Cockney urchin to be perceived as working class. It's nothing to do with being autistic, because she isn't. She's a fraud with a huge metaphorical wardrobe full of hideous outfits that she puts on as required for the desired effect, including a different face for each. She also has a literal wardrobe full of hideous outfits, as evidenced by the awards show photo that looks like she ran into a charity shop in a velcro suit and just bought everything that stuck to her.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 59
But but she said she didn’t drink when she couldn’t feed her son in THIS article, she wants to be absolutely clear about that.
Working behind the cocktail bar was a different kind of escapism, a creative outlet with a newfound respect for alcohol. I didn’t drink as I was also working day shifts in a coffee shop and, later, the fire service, and needed my wits about me to pull off my 60-hour working weeks.
I left the nightclub when I was pregnant (needless to say, I was sober throughout), and the fire service two years later. I was on the dole, which led to a period of extreme poverty. Needless to say, I did not drink when I could not afford to feed myself and my son. I used the odd can of Sainsbury’s Basics lager in a stew or casserole, but I didn’t drink it. I want to be absolutely clear about that.

I don’t believe a word of what she writes, she didn’t drink when she was working in a club, she didn’t drink when she was a call handler at the FS, she didn’t drink when she couldn’t afford to feed herself and her son (note how she puts herself before her son - like most mums would say my son and me/I - also that’s the correct grammar writer/journalist 🤔)
And she’s such a poor writer.
9859E2B2-FED4-458B-8E8C-EF6AB128DD71.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Looks like Jack’s social media manager has been a busy pair of hands today - inspirational quote and viral tiktok

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.