Jack Monroe #212 Oh shhh, grenaaaaaade

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 809358

This is from The Grocer's 'big interview' with Jack. I bleeping love the line I've highlighted, shaaaaade!

She claims all bleeping sorts, maybe she should have gone with less work-more money Tesco, proper sliding doors moment!
I'd have taken £120000 even if I'd never stepped foot in a bleeping Tesco before.

I'd never sold sheets or towels until a few months back. You don't always have to stick with what you know. Especially if you are really a single mother on benefits...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
Am I imagining it or did she also turn down megabucks for a Hollywood producer to make a film of her life story?

• Haha
Reactions: 39
I wear no make up, wear Docs, and have tattoos. I still sometimes wear shirts that were my dad's. I am not at all butch.

I do have actual firefighting training though. Unlike Jack.
Oh, and my tattoos are good ones. Unlike Jack's.

(A couple were published in tattoo magazines. I even met a couple of people who recognised them from the magazines and one who had asked her artist for an element of my tattoo to be included in hers.)

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Am I imagining it or did she also turn down megabucks for a Hollywood producer to make a film of her life story?
I love how there are all these accounts of Jack turning down megabucks but she will gladly deploy the tip jar and Patreon (which is just an extension of the tip jar because she delivers no content) whenever she needs some cash.

So you couldn't take it from Tesco but are happy to mug off the general public? Get fucked.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 64
I just finished watching it (thought it was a fantastic show) and found myself thinking the same. Can you imagine how many people find themselves in a similar position, and genuinely can't turn to their family for various reasons as seen in the show. Let's just say, I think trauma/experience/symptom shopping is a very real thing
She like many others, unfortunately, is a poverty tourist

Reactions: 25
Oh, and my tattoos are good ones. Unlike Jack's.

(A couple were published in tattoo magazines. I even met a couple of people who recognised them from the magazines and one who had asked her artist for an element of my tattoo to be included in hers.)
Does your bank accept them as proof of ID?

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Does your bank accept them as proof of ID?
Or maybe you have a copy of a book with your picture on the cover? Mind you, if the picture is, as expected, filtered to duck, it may not look anything like you and so won’t help. ☹

• Haha
Reactions: 25
If the conservative party offered her a £170k p/a role in PR she’d be doing think piece threads on thatcher’s girl boss legacy I guarantee it. She’ll do anything but actual work for money it’s embarrassing.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 46
I suspect a gibbon would at least show evidence of personal development.
Late thread title nomination if it can be made to fit!

Jack Monroe #213 A gibbon would at least show evidence of personal development

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
She's blurred her jaw so much in that photo it's actually vanished. It's just given her an incredibly odd shaped head, rather than the 'sexy activist' look I think she was aiming for
I thought she’d photoshopped her head onto a picture of somebody else altogether

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Oh no no no! I didn't think anyone was accusing me of anything nefarious, it was a few fraus being in shock of the find, and just wanted to iterate that nothing dodgy occurred in my getting them. Jack herself has made them public, fair game imo.

Whilst I remember, can I ask the cabal member who remember the make up FB group posts fill me in on this? This post was also on that account, and it makes out Jack knows nothing of makeup and was rescued by a Bobbi Brown staff member. Where does it fit in the timeline?

View attachment 807895
The idea that people reading this might think she only got that treatment because the staff were startstruck 🤣
In the words of the cable… JE SUIS MORT

🦉 🍾

• Haha
Reactions: 34
The idea that people reading this might think she only got that treatment because the staff were startstruck 🤣
In the words of the cable… JE SUIS MORT

🦉 🍾
late thread title nom! 🤣

It was the photos on this thread that got me.

That one where Morley is grinning like the gibbon that got the slop and Nigella is clearly wishing the ground would open up and swallow her.

I owl-champagned so hard the other biscuits thought I’d finally gone off my smol head

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
earlier i was just having a little rummage through the jack archives to find more ‘light returned to my soulless dead shark eyes’ posts and found this incredibly arsey one instead . The cabal didn’t exist in 2019 so who were the mithering ninnies bothering her for FREE recipes at this point i wonder?

Also these posts are next to each other and in one caption that bowl of sludge is leek soup and the next it’s ultimate smokey vegan cheese sauce. MAKE IT MAKE SENSE.
So, it’s definitely the exact same bowl of slop, but some pasta and crud has been added? Before being foisted on poor admin assistant or scraped in the bin before going for a Greggs (well, she does know the manager!).

• Haha
Reactions: 24
We all know that she didn’t turn down Tesco as some kind of demonstration of integrity: Sainsbury’s is just posher and aligns with her view of herself as better than the proles in Asda, Morrisons, Iceland, Lidl.

Actors in the most bog-standard but long running commercials can earn six figures in residual payments so it’s highly likely that Jack, as a “name”, got similar. Just couldn’t resist making it another tale of woe that she took ten grand less because she’s the millennial Hyacinth Bucket.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.