Jack Monroe #212 Oh shhh, grenaaaaaade

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Am telling ya, 30 years ago before the internets and that, Jack is someone your mate meets on a night out/classified ads, no mutual, starts saying she was in the SAS/ works for MI5, never has any money, moves in after a week, sits around the house doing their hobbies all day.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 91
I’ve just started to watch Maid on Netflix and wondered if it was based on a true story - turns out it was inspired by this lady here.

For the 1978 truthers out there - did Jack steal her year of birth and look (based purely on wiki pic/the sleeve of tats) and experiences?!

Please note this is not making light of the show nor the experiences of the author linked. If anything it just maddens me even more that Jack cos plays as poor and elevenrifes constantly when this is people’s actual experiences that they live day in day out and not one they get to play at.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
mr kcc always uses teaspoons for meals such as this and I think it's so adorable, but I do take the piss a bit. until this lunchtime, when I had to use a teaspoon for my pot noodle, sat down and immediately saw this tweet
20211013_210724.jpg
she's also completely correct here

Screenshot_20211013-210752_Twitter.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
sorry to subject you all to this again but she said she was a soul singer. A SOUL SINGER 😭

I’ve seen this before but can someone help me turn myself back the right way around? I’ve just cringed myself inside out. This quivering voiced wreck speaking into a camera kicked shins on a train and told The Jude of Law to sit the duck down?

• Haha
Reactions: 39
@Silverlinings
If she wants too keep her family private then they should not feature on her work profile. She should have a friend's and family one.
Sadly she does.
Essex Girl said so.
The absolute carcrash we see without any filters is her professional SM. She has private SM for friends and family.
Yup, she puts all 9f this nonsense out on her 'professionall' twitter.

• Wow
Reactions: 40
I’ve just started to watch Maid on Netflix and wondered if it was based on a true story - turns out it was inspired by this lady here.

For the 1978 truthers out there - did Jack steal her year of birth and look (based purely on wiki pic/the sleeve of tats) and experiences?!

Please note this is not making light of the show nor the experiences of the author linked. If anything it just maddens me even more that Jack cos plays as poor and elevenrifes constantly when this is people’s actual experiences that they live day in day out and not one they get to play at.
I just finished watching it (thought it was a fantastic show) and found myself thinking the same. Can you imagine how many people find themselves in a similar position, and genuinely can't turn to their family for various reasons as seen in the show. Let's just say, I think trauma/experience/symptom shopping is a very real thing

• Heart
Reactions: 25
What's the 1978 thing, please? Direct me to the thread if it's easier!

Never mind - it's a companies house thing!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
@notthegiraffe if you look at the details for On a Bootstrap Ltd. on Companies House, Jack's date of birth is listed as March 1978. This is a very sore point for Jack who was allegedly born in March 1988. There is a strong Companies House truther contingent here as Jack both looks like she had a rough paper round (I mean figuratively but I'm sure she did eleventy of them before school to afford her coronation chicken) and seems to have the memories of a person born in 1978. There are also 1878 truthers due to Jack's remarkably backwards views on women and society in general. Hope this helps dear heart.

• Haha
Reactions: 53

I just finished it tonight! I was worried the whole Jack thing would spoil it for me, but the thing that struck me about it was the complete lack of self pity. She just gets on with it, like you have to. I loved it.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Can you imagine how many people find themselves in a similar position, and genuinely can't turn to their family for various reasons as seen in the show.
Made me so thankful for what I've got! I'll stop talking about it now but .... yeah.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Thanks for the huge cringe fest before I'd even had breakfast! Gosh, she does like a selfie or two, doesn't she?

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.