Jack Monroe #211 Undercover Tory

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel bad that she has no one irl to talk to, not even her mum.

But, then I can imagine her shooting down any helpful advice and one upping trauma, so yeah, sympathy only goes so far.
She's spent the past while waxing lyrical about her friends and family though, her son's dad and how they've all rallied round to help. By all crumbs dropped she was sent by them to the aparthotel to help get sober, and then holidayed with her and nursed her back to health. I really do hope Jack is bullshitting once again as suspected but it really seems like anytime she gets a bit of a spotlight on her she goes off on one of these total me-rails. I know I keep bringing it up but I don't think I'll ever get over how she used the Sarah Everard story to (without even mentioning Sarah's name) make it all about Jack. Now she's back getting a bit of attention for the Trussell Trust and suddenly it's another MH crisis the day after.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 63
I have been having a bit of a bad time at the moment, but have not written here about it. I have been out for walks with friends nearly every day this week, just chatting about nothing in particular. Fresh air, seeing the grass and trees, being with someone who cares, all helps.

I have in the past completed courses on mindfulness, CBT techniques, wellbeing courses and MIND self help groups, all in addition to pharmaceutical interventions. No one strategy works alone, but there does have to be some effort by the person, no matter how hard.

I am surprised that at least one of her three therapists she has on speed dial has not pointed her in the direction of coping strategies that they think would suit her. Indeed I am surprised with three therapist and months in therapy in London (see aparthotel) she needs the NHS intervention at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 81
Oh god Jack,get off Twitter and phone your family. They will help you (I hope).

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Lads I am in a vile mood today and having read those tweets I now have a zillion angry bees in my head all saying 'Jack's a bleep'. She's always flip-flopping between Endless Suffering Jack and The Light's Back Jack and since the throwaway psychotic breakdown comment any sympathy I might have had has slowly, softly and gently been boiled off from my emotional slow cooker containing a figurative riff on ribollita. This is just the triggering and irresponsible abuse accusation thread all over again, this time throwing the NHS under the bus. I'm sure there are many of us here struggling at the moment, we just haven't felt the need to clomp about all over the thread with woe-is-me tales trying to one-up each other for meaningless likes from faceless trolls on a gossip site.

I will of course be making a note of everyone who doesn't like this post though, you'll be going straight in the lever arch files.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 96
Seems to be the main original thread and most of the snarkier replies. I’m surprised they lasted this long. Poor SB.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 39
She got a new Patreon out of it at 12.40 today.

2 have re-subbed to her too. If only there was visibility on the PayPal tip jar numbers 💰

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
I really can't believe the gall of this woman.

She did the minimum effort in terms of campaigning, even contradicting her missives, she couldn't even be bothered to turn up on time for one of these conferences. Instead of alerting her 'massive following' to her cause on the TT/Labour panel, she instead joked about basic sweets bought at ridiculous station prices.

She's had free lunch and drinks afterwards at the conferences, paid travel and plenty of arse-licking. She then got to appear on national TV spouting more of her rhetoric. She then claimed to be off to work (low pay-part time) and SB's school run, yet spent the afternoon and evening tit tweeting.

Neville & Rashford have since 'stole her thunder', plus some backlash on the hellscape, and boom. We get whiny, pity party Jack. She's literally done barely any work, had perks and luxuries provided, was given a platform hundreds would love to have, and yet here we are. Send doggos. Send doggos.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 67
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.