Jack Monroe #211 Undercover Tory

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack was tweeting at midnight, then again at 8am. How is that sleeping 15 hours?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
Seems to be the main original thread and most of the snarkier replies. I’m surprised they lasted this long. Poor SB.
Bit on bold is what's getting me, depression is horrible, but she has a little boy who needs his mum she needs to get her head in he gear somehow.

If twittering is making her head hurt then she needs to stop it, she needs to remove herself from the triggers and needs to get herself back to where she can be the very best mum that she can be to her son. He is 11 he wont be waiting on her forever, if she wants to enjoy what time he has before he goes off into the big bad world she needs start being proactive in getting well and from a non professional outside view its looks like she needs a new profession and or removal from sm.

Her publisher is probably hoping she snaps out of it so she can get back to work. Her books are well overdue.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
A friend of my MIL had some severe mental health issues, under a consultant psychiatrist. Part of her treatment was getting out, having routine, seeing people. It’s not just a ridiculous comment.
100% agree with this. Also yoga, exercise, fresh air. Those are really helpful for improving your mental health. I think the frustration comes when by the time you ask for help and someone tells you this, it seems like a really hard thing to do. But honestly, going for a walk on the beach would be really good for her right now.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
If twittering is making her head hurt then she needs to stop it,
100 time this.

If it hurt banging my hand with a hammer I would stop hitting it.

If my work relied on me hitting my hand with a hammer, I would find different work.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Being gender neutral didn't last long then.
Nothing lasts long with Jack, everything is just a tool in her toolbox to achieve money.
She uses her parents 'good jobs' without acknowledging her grandad's property empire.
She uses her son's father without acknowledging that he has the main responsibility for their child.
She uses her son for social media.
She even uses her bleeping cat when all else fails...
(never mind the poor kitten).
I am beyond rage or disgust now 😤

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 53
How odd* that a GP would see a patient on a controlled substance stimulant and keep on upping the dose of anti-anxiety medication rather than suggesting a change of brand or dosage of the amphetamine she was taking 🤔 The ADHD meds are clearly not working - her condition is not under control if she’s not coping with the day to day, so why would they continue to flog the anti-anxiety pony??

*deeply unsurprising, because her ADHD meds were so obviously doctor-shopped

I’m really happy that some of the thread frauen have had positive experiences with NHS MH services but I think there’s a point (that I and others I love have been at) when you are too sick for CBT/talking therapy, yet not actively experiencing psychosis/imminent harm and that’s where the service provision really falls down: it’s a black hole and it makes lots of people sicker. HOWEVER the pityfisher has absolutely no place saying this. These apparent therapists on “speed dial” (🙄) and an evidently private stint in therapy and a well-off family and inexplicably ongoing media work… just shell out and go back to whichever MH provider Louisa was paying for, you tight cow. And don’t scare other people who may just need a push to seek help and exponentially improve their quality of life with your histrionics.

The reason no MH intervention works is because she has narcissistic personality disorder and unless she accepts that she’s never going to get better. Nonetheless I look forward to the selfies in approx. 8 weeks time with the inevitable caption: “the light in my eyes flickered to dark repeatedly over the past 18 months, similar to that time I had to sell my lightbulbs because I was poor, but now I’m back and hopeful and the fact I look pre-pubescent is just the pink curtains (still poor tho pls see my Patreon)”.

• Heart
Reactions: 75
Help is available without you having to crowdfund.

Either sell your smeg and a sideboard and fund private care yourself.
Or ask your family for financial help.
Or take up one of the many offers of free services on your timeline.
Ah but according to one of the many deleted tweets, she has to turn down 99% of offers…

I’m wondering if someone has wrestled her phone away from her and is running from the house, WiFi box in hand

• Haha
Reactions: 41
100% agree with this. Also yoga, exercise, fresh air. Those are really helpful for improving your mental health. I think the frustration comes when by the time you ask for help and someone tells you this, it seems like a really hard thing to do. But honestly, going for a walk on the beach would be really good for her right now.
Totally agree with everything you said. I totally get that telling people going for a walk can help often doesn't help if they have no other help going on, but for me when I'd been on the meds and had the CBT for a few months, getting outside really helped. I will always remember the day I turned a massive corner - I had been walking round the museums and galleries in London for weeks as they pushed me with my agoraphobia as they were enclosed and open enough if that makes sense? Covent Garden was a similar place to make me feel ok, I had a day where I was walking through and stopped to listen to a student opera singer, and I finally felt a glimmer of happiness and thought 'you know what? I can beat this'. I then went and bought a disgustingly expensive candle I could not afford, but I light it for a short time every time I feel low, and it reminds me of that feeling I had that day. Jack needs to find something that makes her happy in a similar way I think - and I really hope she does!

• Heart
Reactions: 84
O/T - apologies to all in advance. May I ask what channel/service you are watching Murder One on please?
old skool DVD I’m afraid. Stanley is providing relief at this time of need.

Nothing to be said that hasn’t been said already. No energy for a listed rant.

1. I dislike her.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
Speaking of furlough, anyone seen any sign of the return of Caroline's 🙌?
Dunno if it was Caroline's Russell Brands, but someone was editing some of the Instagram essays (& improving them). I knew all that 'going to Conference' was reminding me of something and have realised that it was Mormon mommy bloggers in the golden age of mama blogging.
Murder 1: I bought the box set on Amazon Prime Video 3 months ago suffering from acute nostalgia for when S. Tucci and me were young and beautiful and evil in the 80s, it was a lovely nostalgic wallow

• Haha
Reactions: 23
LJC is off on holiday! Really hoping she doesn’t get dragged back to deal with this latest crisis. I think she did enough cutting short all of her nights out when they were together.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
LJC is off on holiday! Really hoping she doesn’t get dragged back to deal with this latest crisis. I think she did enough cutting short all of her nights out when they were together.
Ah, all is explained. How dare anyone enjoy life or relax without her around to ruin it?! Maybe she’ll do what she did when her mate was in Venice (?citation needed?) and just show up. She’ll have got a text from LJC checking on her, deleted the thread because mission accomplished, and she’s on Skyscanner now.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
It’s a tough time. Everyone is having a tough time. I don’t know anyone who hasn’t had a terrible time during the pandemic for one reason or another. Love to you all and have a cheeky rest from Jack if it’s too much- I’m very invested in the Stephen Bear and Becky Holt threads if you want some light and diabolical relief.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
So I wonder what has sparked such a graphically detailed tale of woe? Trying to worm out of something, or just didn't get as much attention as she wanted so now we have narc rage Jack? 😑

Ah! There be the likely reason then. 🙄

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.