Jack Monroe #211 Undercover Tory

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Annnnnd normal Jack parlance has resumed
It feels like going back to school after the summer holidays

GPs are not psychiatrists, who would be best placed to treat and prescribe. Put your paw in your pocket Monroe and pay for some treatment. Or has the person who generously funded previous treatment and aparthotels for you had enough?
I've got to say, and not judging anyone else's experience, but over covid I've been assessed for a proper ADHD assessment and stuck on the relevant waiting list. Also had an MH crisis when I had covid and the out of hours team here were amazing.

All good now, counselling is still going for people who need it and there are resources and immediate help for folk who are suicidal (i work in the NHS too). Of course this won't be true for everyone but I can't complain right now

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Sorry for triple posting like a menace, I’ve been BUSY and missed peak outrage, but I recall on an old thread that she talks about having to pay for a private prescription for her ADHD medication. So did she make a one-off payment to a dodgy doctor which wasn’t recognised by her GP or was there actually a full titration process and a longer term medication in place?

Prime example of her switching her story to whatever suits the moment. Whenever it’s apt for added neurodiverse headpats she’s an adderalled puppy with a managed condition, but now she needs to be poor and sad again it was a one-off and nobody checked that a person purportedly in recovery was ok taking speed daily before ditching her back with her GP???

She can sadfish about abuse (read: doubt/questioning) all she likes but if she could tell a single story that wasn’t riddled with inconsistencies none of us would be here.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
The fact she plays out all this tit online takes away from the positivity of doing these things in my opinion. It’s blatant attention seeking - why else would she say she nearly relapsed?! That’s not what AA’s about imo.

And actually Jack, if you’re going to insist on playing out every cough and fart of your recovery then people might like to hear more about the daily reprieve “etc” and less about you. The 12 Step Programme is a wonderful thing for deflating ego and recognising your defects. I’m looking forward to seeing this side of you

• Heart
Reactions: 57
LJC is off on holiday! Really hoping she doesn’t get dragged back to deal with this latest crisis. I think she did enough cutting short all of her nights out when they were together.
I hope she has temporarily blocked her so she can enjoy her life whilst away. She has other mates and her OWN family. She needs to stand on her own two feet and stop relying on everyone else to fix her.

Reactions: 23
Her mental health is shot from peddling her poverty story filled with mistruths again and again to the CPC and LPC?

Give me strength.

What about those people who have actually lost the £20 this week Jack? What about their mental health?

They aren’t able to tweet their every thought from a gorgeous house in a gorgeous area surrounded by gorgeous things. They have more important things to do. Like figure out how to f****** live.
I'm grunking but didn't she say a couple of months ago she was sick of monetising her own trauma for public view.

The solution to stopping your mental health from being trashed would be to stop doing the thing that ruins it.

Of course, she has no other way to earn money. Monetising her trauma is her trademark.

How the duck did she manage to speak at tory party conference? I mean there must e some criteria for being allowed in. It's not like the tories care about poverty anyway.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
She got a new Patreon out of it at 12.40 today.

2 have re-subbed to her too. If only there was visibility on the PayPal tip jar numbers 💰
Ah, exactly as Jack planned. Performatively plays the hero/saviour/martyr/saint for a few days, then bullshits a load of woe is me crap and is now watching the money roll in. I don’t believe a word she says, she is “acting” on Twitter to gain attention/money.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Ah, exactly as Jack planned. Performatively plays the hero/saviour/martyr/saint for a few days, then bullshits a load of woe is me crap and is now watching the money roll in. I don’t believe a word she says, she is “acting” on Twitter to gain attention/money.
Thats why shes not happy.

She only seems to think of 💸💸💸💸

Money will fill her house 🏡 with tatt, buy her lots of 👗 ( RIP) and 🥚but it won't buy her happiness or make her like herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I wonder if she realises it's possible to do positive work , help people and advocate for others WITHOUT rehashing your own past.

Maybe you wouldn't keep claiming distress due to recounting your own 'trauma' if you didn't do it every opportunity you got.

You aren't turning down a damn thing.

Fringe event at a Tory Conference? Count her in. BBC iPlayer webisode? Yes please! Oooh an article in the Independent? Don't mind if I do!

• Heart
Reactions: 49
I wonder if she realises it's possible to do positive work , help people and advocate for others WITHOUT rehashing your own past.

Maybe you wouldn't keep claiming distress due to recounting your own 'trauma' if you didn't do it every opportunity you got.

You aren't turning down a damn thing.

Fringe event at a Tory Conference? Count her in. BBC iPlayer webisode? Yes please! Oooh an article in the Independent? Don't mind if I do!
Shes the only person who can do it. No one else, not even the ones who have been and have been doing it 1000 times better and less about themselves cannot do it because shes sooooooo sought after.

Reactions: 20
You know what - I am very much feeling the love for everything an
It’s a tough time. Everyone is having a tough time. I don’t know anyone who hasn’t had a terrible time during the pandemic for one reason or another. Love to you all and have a cheeky rest from Jack if it’s too much- I’m very invested in the Stephen Bear and Becky Holt threads if you want some light and diabolical relief.
Omg totally agree - I lurk on the Sallie Axl threads and someone mentioned Becky Holt so I read hers during a really boring meeting yesterday and my god they are a wild ride! Stephen Bear also agree, though you need a strong stomach for him :sick: @waffle maker I see you popping up on all the threads I lurk on, I think we have very similar tastes with people we are invested in!

To keep things on topic - and as we know she reads here- Jack, please get a regular job, look after yourself and stop chasing a media career please, you would be so much happier living a 'normal' life I'm sure.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
I’m grunking so sorry if it's been said, but why would she need to pay for a private ADHD diagnosis? Didn't she say that she was diagnosed as a child but her parents kept it a secret from her?

Reactions: 38
Well, amongst the continuing gloom this made me smile …

nicely done Vlad! Ruby’s book is everywhere today - even Nigella’s on it!

6A0308F7-4BA5-4637-9C91-97A600630476.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I’m grunking so sorry if it's been said, but why would she need to pay for a private ADHD diagnosis? Didn't she say that she was diagnosed as a child but her parents kept it a secret from her?
No that was autism. Although the GP let slip about that a few years ago whereas the ADHD is only about 2 years ago if that.

Reactions: 37
The relationship with the publisher fascinates me. How does she go from exciting news to sheesh Jack in one week. She must be exhausted (or relieved).

• Haha
Reactions: 44
I agree with @DisgruntledGoat her main problem is her personality disorder which is probably NPD and until she addresses that everything else is just tinkering around the edges.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Anybody else think that 8 days might not be true? 🤔
Actually I think that might be one of the few credible things that Jack has said. Although I would like to know who has been reporting her to the Crown Prosecution Services, and why.

And if Jack does mean children's services, having poor mental health doesn't mean you are not a good parent - you may just need extra support.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.