Jack Monroe #211 Undercover Tory

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm so angry! She was never poor! Never in the proper sense. She had access to a good education, family, parents who were prominent and well regarded in the community. Even her "poor" period didn't last very long. How does she have to gall to say that she was having to talk about "her own worst experiences" when there are people who are facing actual, terrible, poverty on a daily basis, now! Not ten years ago temporarily. She's infuriating!

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 69
argh! Tories have no empathy! no amount of turning up to their events to recycle your own well-worn "poverty" story before returning to your comfortable home with your fee will ever change their minds!

fanks daddy jay for retweeting tho i guess uwu 🥺

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
Her mental health is shot from peddling her poverty story filled with mistruths again and again to the CPC and LPC?

Give me strength.

What about those people who have actually lost the £20 this week Jack? What about their mental health?

They aren’t able to tweet their every thought from a gorgeous house in a gorgeous area surrounded by gorgeous things. They have more important things to do. Like figure out how to f****** live.
They often say that if your constantly deceitful it can eat you up from inside. Shes flavour of the month at the minute. It wont last. Also who's trolling her?! I have only seen people saying well done for telling the ye olde tale again.

• Sad
Reactions: 30
If she can't cope with one week of 'activism' without guilt-tripping the people she's campaigning 'for' ("Look what mummys doing for you! Look how it affects meeeeeee"), then she needs to duck off and find something else to do. Seriously Jack, leave it to the people who can do this without the manipulative bollocks. You're not suited to the work and your behaviour is emotionally abusive.

• Heart
Reactions: 68
7747C614-5C85-40DA-842D-82A431AB9969.jpeg
39AB27F7-A79F-4DE4-9CFD-625A8AD1E1AA.jpeg

Empathy my arse. She does not care about your dogs, just your sweet, sweet engagement. Fools!

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 63
Quoting your post @Silver Linings because it just reminded me, and I’m on a wee Grunka Lunka so apologies if it’s mentioned but did anyone see Gary Neville on GMB yesterday? He was apparently very passionate about the UC recipients and how hard things were for them etc, but I didn’t see it myself
Yes there is a link here to some of it:

He made really good points and argued them calmly (and without references to playground sexual assault). Plus he managed to go up against Edwina without shouting about any family members being "DEAD".

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
She’s shitting it, Gary Neville is getting all up in her political niche...doing it for free and being applauded. Next up Paul Scholes doing thirst shots on his sideboards, Ryan Giggs making mops from his hair, there really is no room for Jack.

She thinks she’s the only commentator on the UC issue

ETA- oh snap Joan and Lennie- sorry hadn’t grunked so didn’t see your post LB

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
If only 2.5 million people reading a thread on Twitter had some material value in the real world. Sadly all it does is inflate the ego of the 'writer'.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
"I went to two Conference and did a tweet thread. That's enough about the poors, now back to meeeeeeeee and how bad I'm feeling."

IMG_20200503_225355.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
His mum must be right proud of her lad!

This is the type of activist the world needs more of. No time to piss about in conferences that come to nothing, he is actually showing up the government whilst inspiring others to be kinder.
I’M proud of him and I’ve never met him. I know it’s weird but he’s doing so much good with his influence.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.