Jack Monroe #210 Granola provider? Not so much

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
just saw this tweet and, while I have no idea what it means, it fits with our interests

Screenshot_20211004-230653_Twitter.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
I’m confused by this tweet, not investigated it, but it looks like Jack might have been on the radio again?!

AACBD2C8-CD3D-460A-8F94-469FBADD82D4.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
Gammonuendo?!
oooohhhhhhh! that makes sense! I prefer an explicable egg, see, that's why I didn't get it

eta for other stumped fraus, imagine you're at a Bernie Inn with 1970s jack and guessing what she'd have with her gammon steak

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Jebus, you guys. I should know better than to grunk whilst on public transport and in the GPs waiting room. Almost inhaled my face mask laughing. Jack looks the very definition of the words 'slapped arse' and don't get me started on that rude haircut...

• Haha
Reactions: 37
It isn’t 22 pages if you leave a line.

Everyone knows that you stupid, stupid moonbot.

Stop trying to pretend you had a 22-page speech when all you did was be allowed to waffle on for say, 4 minutes. I think that is equivalent to a Year 10 presentation.

Don’t get me started on bollocking the government and campaigning. The only campaigning you have done in the last 18 months is to get fewer people in a small, very funny corner of the internet to eat fewer eggs.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 77
The lanyard/speech flat lay is giving me the same vibes as the time she photographed and posted everything she got for her birthday including the 20 pound notes

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
Same old waffling on with no solutions. I get that's generally the way with politics, but at least put in a bit of effort.

Obviously the whole thing is a massive, ongoing tragedy, exacerbated by Brexit and Covid, but harking back to the Cameron years doesn't seem productive. This has been going on since way before then. The whole North/South divide and the associated problems have been an issue for decades.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Oh wow, wonder why they bothered inviting Jack if they had the real deal from the TT? Wouldn’t it make more sense to have brought someone service user facing along with her who could discuss the complex challenges their SUs have in the year 2021, rather than Jack’s tired old tit? How much would a bus or cab across Manchester cost versus Jack’s mammoth expense account…
This ♥! I don’t understand why it’s always her they call on. I can only think it’s laziness because why repeatedly go back to someone who had an unknown “level” of poverty (she can’t keep to the same lie) many, many years ago when so many people are living and breathing this right now?

I can only think it’s because they know she’s a puppet who will toe the party line. If they wanted to make a difference, the Tories could find their voters up and down the country who never thought they would have to use a foodbank, yet here they are. In Aberdeen there’s still this self-perpetuating myth that we’re all rich because of the oil. It’s not true, it’s never been true. The industry is probably the worst it’s ever been and a lot of people have lost their comfortable income and find themselves in similar circumstances to those who have had generations of the same family in poverty.

Her comment about the childhood trauma of food poverty causing issues into adulthood. I 100% believe this is the case but I think, as MR has done, she should also have acknowledged the parents who are doing what they can to make sure their kids don’t know the half of what is going on. Those who don’t eat nearly enough so their kids don’t go without. The ones who are worrying about heating or eating. The ones who are already crying themselves to sleep worrying about Christmas. But she simply cannot deviate away from her own Jackanory experience and that coupled with zero empathy makes me shake my head every time I see she’s at one of these time wasting, back patting tit shows.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
This ♥! I don’t understand why it’s always her they call on. I can only think it’s laziness because why repeatedly go back to someone who had an unknown “level” of poverty (she can’t keep to the same lie) many, many years ago when so many people are living and breathing this right now?

I can only think it’s because they know she’s a puppet who will toe the party line. If they wanted to make a difference, the Tories could find their voters up and down the country who never thought they would have to use a foodbank, yet here they are. In Aberdeen there’s still this self-perpetuating myth that we’re all rich because of the oil. It’s not true, it’s never been true. The industry is probably the worst it’s ever been and a lot of people have lost their comfortable income and find themselves in similar circumstances to those who have had generations of the same family in poverty.

Her comment about the childhood trauma of food poverty causing issues into adulthood. I 100% believe this is the case but I think, as MR has done, she should also have acknowledged the parents who are doing what they can to make sure their kids don’t know the half of what is going on. Those who don’t eat nearly enough so their kids don’t go without. The ones who are worrying about heating or eating. The ones who are already crying themselves to sleep worrying about Christmas. But she simply cannot deviate away from her own Jackanory experience and that coupled with zero empathy makes me shake my head every time I see she’s at one of these time wasting, back patting tit shows.
There are numerous studies (some pretty hefty longitudinal ones to boot ) that have found the impact of poverty on later negative outcomes.

Has she done the research and quoted any of them?

Not convinced. She just bangs on about her own experience, which is unique and irrelevant to anyone else and the research community.

Charlatan. Any A-level or university psychology student worth their salt could recall Farrington’s Cambridge Study.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
There are numerous studies (some pretty hefty longitudinal ones to boot ) that have found the impact of poverty on later negative outcomes.

Has she done the research and quoted any of them?

Not convinced. She just bangs on about her own experience, which is unique and irrelevant to anyone else and the research community.

Charlatan. Any A-level or university psychology student worth their salt could recall Farrington’s Cambridge Study.
A conspiracy minded frau mught conjecture that their are some Tories who might prefer a poverty "activist" whose backstory is dubious to a more relevant and competent speaker who has done the research. It also goes a long way to explaining the expression of the Trussell Trust rep. Just imagine the double bind of knowing that someone is spouting exaggerated lying bollocks in front of an audience predisposed to believe in "scroungers"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Omg so hilarious that we now have an updated example of her handwriting 😂

‘Stop using that photo of me with that sign, you ninnies! Cop a load of this.’

Bollocking the government 😂 the lanyard and the notes - such strong vibes of a Young Tory

• Haha
Reactions: 67
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.