Jack Monroe #210 Granola provider? Not so much

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wait, is she going to that conference too? If she turns up late again; I'll piss myself hooting.
I wonder if she's planning on pulling down anyone's trousers. Didn't she say that's the only way to go about shaming the Tory government last week when she was talking at the Labour Party conference šŸ¤”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Yeah exactly, I have never, ever thought about my primary (or anyone's really) as being a 'state' school, it's absolutely bizarre. Who in the world *doesn't* go to a 'state' primary?? I didn't even realise that primary schools could go into "special measures" - is she really saying that a primary in a fairly well-to-do area like where she was brought up is special measures? Can any Southend Frauen confirm?
Thisā€™ll be a can of worms so disclaiming with education is really personal to your child & family, and my husband made me do this so pls donā€™t flame me: having recently looked at a private primary yikes Jack you should be glad for the bottle you didnā€™t wash and other kids laughing at ur Partridge voice hun x I cannot explain the bad vibes nor how many times they repeat ā€œsports and musicā€ which is clearly a proxy for dw hun sheā€™ll be around thoroughbred poshos all day, cos thatā€™s all there is to offer by nature of your childā€™s age alone they have nothing more to give them than being isolated away from mainstream / poor kids and they obvs canā€™t say such a thing, didnā€™t think itā€™d be so obvious but it was, grotesque tbh but some ppl thrive off of that tit šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø Imagine Jack would have - in another life sheā€™d have had her private primary school listed on her LinkedIn šŸ˜­

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Thisā€™ll be a can of worms so disclaiming with education is really personal to your child & family, and my husband made me do this so pls donā€™t flame me: having recently looked at a private primary yikes Jack you should be glad for the bottle you didnā€™t wash and other kids laughing at ur Partridge voice hun x I cannot explain the bad vibes nor how many times they repeat ā€œsports and musicā€ which is clearly a proxy for dw hun sheā€™ll be around thoroughbred poshos all day, cos thatā€™s all there is to offer by nature of your childā€™s age alone they have nothing more to give them than being isolated away from mainstream / poor kids and they obvs canā€™t say such a thing, didnā€™t think itā€™d be so obvious but it was, grotesque tbh but some ppl thrive off of that tit šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø Imagine Jack would have - in another life sheā€™d have had her private primary school listed on her LinkedIn šŸ˜­
OK so suddenly Jack's referring back to her primary school makes sense - it's the only time she was made to integrate with the oiks!

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I wonder if she's planning on pulling down anyone's trousers. Didn't she say that's the only way to go about shaming the Tory government last week when she was talking at the Labour Party conference šŸ¤”
Someone needs to pull her up on that!

Reactions: 28

When I was an at home mum I made packet lunches for my boys, healthy(ish), what I knew they would eat. Later when working I paid for school meals, just one less thing to worry about.

When my first born turned 9 he decided to turn vegetarian but he only like certain vegetables and hated any trace of onions in food. The school provided a vegetarian option but the lunch providers noticed he was barely touching anything. They took him to the kitchen and showed what they had in the freezers, he let them know what he did like and his food afterwards was from those choices. As my son had not told me of the initial problem, the first I heard was after they had found a solution. I was very impressed and happy with what the school did. This was well over 20 years ago and I think he was only one of a few on vegetarian lunches, that my son was an extremely polite and likeable child may have gone in his favour but I hope they would do this for anyone.
Iā€™m glad you had a positive experience. I had a similar situation. Daughter (life long vegetarian) was a very selective eater. The cook asked me to visit her so I could tell her what my daughter would actually eat. She is 29 now and still fussy.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Ok Iā€™m a bit sleep deprived please someone help me make it make senseā€¦but sheā€™s off to Conference for the Tories having publicly (to a small room of people) lashed out at them for their policies last week at the Labour conference?! As in used a really crude analogy and now is going to sit amongst them giving them the middle class dream pov story?

ETA: How can Labour (or those who booked Jack) not see what a Tory she is?! All sheā€™ll do is perpetuate the myth itā€™s ok to live on Ā£20/week for food etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
OK so suddenly Jack's referring back to her primary school makes sense - it's the only time she was made to integrate with the oiks!
Wasn't her grammar school state too? Mine was, and we weren't all posh and upper class, being driven in lilac Mercedes vibe. Regular working class kids who just happened to be smart enough to get a higher score on 11+.

Reactions: 33
Wasn't her grammar school state too? Mine was, and we weren't all posh and upper class, being driven in lilac Mercedes vibe. Regular working class kids who just happened to be smart enough to get a higher score on 11+.
Sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone, I have to admit my knowledge of the English education system is slim to none.

Reactions: 21
Ok Iā€™m a bit sleep deprived please someone help me make it make senseā€¦but sheā€™s off to Conference for the Tories having publicly (to a small room of people) lashed out at them for their policies last week at the Labour conference?! As in used a really crude analogy and now is going to sit amongst them giving them the middle class dream pov story?

ETA: How can Labour (or those who booked Jack) not see what a Tory she is?! All sheā€™ll do is perpetuate the myth itā€™s ok to live on Ā£20/week for food etc.
Thank you for voicing my confusion.

That is why I posted the picture of the marmot.

Jackā€™s current activities are melting my brain.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Oh, another train journey, how exciting! I wonder what sweeties we will find today :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone, I have to admit my knowledge of the English education system is slim to none.
No offence at all! Some grammars are state some are private. We sit the 11+ in year 6, the grammar schools in my area would have a desirable score set, if you reached it, they offered you a place, there was an equal mix of grammar schools and regular secondary schools in the area.

Jack acts like she went to a paid grammar, but I don't think it was. She would be better telling the truth as the state ones perform better, lol!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Screenshot_20211004-102614.jpg

So what she thinks is no-one knew of food banks till she wrote about them? Really? Really?

(I have been donating for 14 years - I can tie this in to my job changes. Not a humble brag, just context)

• Heart
Reactions: 45
View attachment 793780

So what she thinks is no-one knew of food banks till she wrote about them? Really? Really?

(I have been donating for 14 years - I can tie this in to my job changes. Not a humble brag, just context)
No one knew aboutā€¦..

1. Veganism (then 90% veganism)
2. Non binary individuals
3. Tattoos
4. Lesbians
5. Cooking from tin cans
6. Single mums

Until Jack wrote/shouted/tweeted/said something to someone in the Groucho about it.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 59
This! Why does it matter whether you went to a "state" or "other" type of primary school? It's the same as her bleating on about how she RENTS. Such a head.
I went to a posh primary school and a tit high school. So i did the opposite. Doesnt matter a jot,. I went all the way through school and many of my mates who went to grammar didnt they now work perfectly decent jobs in retail.

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.