Jack Monroe #210 Granola provider? Not so much

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I mean, the whole packed lunch article makes no sense whatsoever, but i love this bit

View attachment 793313

like, was she really taking the same bottle of juice every day for six weeks straight? no wonder she couldn't do pe! šŸ˜­

and then, the whole "I hated packed lunches, so I loved doing them for my son" like, what the bleeping duck?
I think she means recycled plastic bottle of juice, if juice is left in plastic too long and not washed properly it can leave a tainted smell in the bottle. Im sure her mum could have just given her a flask. My mum was skint and we have one of those crappy flasks that leaked in the plastic square lunch boxes. 90s child.

Also shes not painting a very good pic of her mum here at all. Her poor mum.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
I think she means recycled plastic bottle of juice, if juice is left in plastic too long and not washed properly it can leave a tainted smell in the bottle. Im sure her mum could have just given her a flask. My mum was skint and we have one of those crappy flasks that leaked in the plastic square lunch boxes. 90s child.

to be fair she has never painted a good picture of either of her parents has she? not noiticing her son and herself were without food/she had to sell his toys etc...

3x 90 minutes of PE per week in primary šŸ¤£ where was this, in the Hunger Games? Also that time could have been better spent learning the meanings of words.
are any primary lessons 90 minutes?! even in senior school I only remember double lessons being 90 and that was a slog to get through

Reactions: 33

I mean in amateur armchair psychology it does seem that since her mum started fostering other children Jack has had a problem with her.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
to be fair she has never painted a good picture of either of her parents has she? not noiticing her son and herself were without food/she had to sell his toys etc...
Its weird that i dont pity her. I do them. I think her mum and dad worked hard to bring up a spoiled brat.
When i think about her trauma of selling tit, i remember one time years ago my husband was unwell, only short term but long enough that we needed cash. He sold some stuff he didnt use anymore. It annoyed him he had to sell it ( at the time) mostly because it was money for bills, but he did and he never has uttered one single word about it ever since.

I think her trauma is due to the fact she was a pampered princess who got told after years of being spendy and having a bad attitude getting told to stand on her own two feet and her being a spoiled princess freaking out at actually having to sell her own tit to make ends meet. Most people dont care after the initial selling and ive never known anyone sell their kids toys other than to make money for their kid to buy more.

The whole poverty thing to me is bascially the performance of a princess learning to live in the real world.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
The thing is, her parents didn't entirely leave it up to Jack, her dad got her a good paying job, she then still refused, more connections got her in the paper which led to her media career, and still she refused to put in any effort. She got worse, finally getting the attention she thought she deserved. The Hopkins trial peaked Jack. KH is such a hated personality, Jack was always going to get the big well done after suing the nasty bint. She has nose dived since. All her own doing.

No sympathy. Zero.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Disappointed in the posts by fraus on the ā€œwhich famous person you canā€™t standā€ thread which are saying Mackie is going out with Sue Perkins.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
I mean in amateur armchair psychology it does seem that since her mum started fostering other children Jack has had a problem with her.
She's definitely got Mummy and Daddy issues. Maybe a little thing called 'therapy' might help...oh wait...

I'm still not sure I can feel much sympathy for her folks though. My mother would be personally ringing everyone to call out my bullshit, should I ever decide to turn out like Jack!

• Heart
Reactions: 30
School meals are free in reception Year 1 and Year 2 for everybody in a state school. My maths says SB would have been entitled to a free meal at the time the article was written.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
ā€œThere is no ā€˜top tableā€™ ā€“ teachers are encouraged to sit with their pupilsā€

She hates teachers too. In every school I have worked in, I have never had the time to sit down for lunch with the students in the dining hall.

You are either on duty somewhere (the dining hall stint possibly being the worst one- on a par with bus duty) or planning lessons/tidying in your classroom.

She lies and makes up tit just for likes.

Where is the slop?

• Heart
Reactions: 38
There is something JM can learn from step one of the following, useful advice for those on a limited budget, importantly limited not an impossible budget. I could have used following some of these steps 25 years ago, we were not poor but 'had too much month left at the end of the money'.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Anybody is eligible for being thrown under a bus by mackie, including family, she has previous

Reactions: 16
Disappointed in the posts by fraus on the ā€œwhich famous person you canā€™t standā€ thread which are saying Mackie is going out with Sue Perkins.
They got the wrong end of the stick from a comment saying they deserved each other.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
ā€œThere is no ā€˜top tableā€™ ā€“ teachers are encouraged to sit with their pupilsā€

She hates teachers too. In every school I have worked in, I have never had the time to sit down for lunch with the students in the dining hall.

You are either on duty somewhere (the dining hall stint possibly being the worst one- on a par with bus duty) or planning lessons/tidying in your classroom.

She lies and makes up tit just for likes.

Where is the slop?
We had a table in our dining hall that the teachers used no pupils went near it because sitting next to a teacher in my school was a fate worse than death. In saying that there was maybe only one to two teachers who actually used it. The others as you said were busy.

She has such issues with school. She has such issues with life. If nothing was handed out to her on a gold platter she seems to resent it. She is definately the one with the issues.

Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.