Jack Monroe #210 Granola provider? Not so much

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I suspect that's exactly what's happening. People are paying £3 or £7 or £10 monthly and are not checking their statements. They are clearly well-off enough not to notice. Truth is, I wouldn’t notice £10 a month either in my cash flow, but I check my statements regularly. I think lots of people don't. I have an ex who proudly used to shred bank statements without opening them. He was a knob in many ways, hence ex.
I actually had a thorough look at my accounts a few weeks back and realised I had 2 subscriptions I forgot to cancel after a free trial. The difference is Disney plus actually provided the service I just didn’t use it!
I appreciate I’m in a really fortunate position being able to forget about these things.

Reactions: 39
I know the Patreon numbers are slowly falling, but, why so many subs still? Do people just sign up and forget/never check their account?
Sorry to repeat myself here as posted before - was quite shocked to see that post likes are public, as are sub profiles where it details who else they’re subbed to. For users who liked the posts that happened last year the only ones still subbed had several other subs, those unsubbed had none. So I assume a lot of people are paying patreon a mo they total of £10,20,30 and not realising that £3-10 of that isn’t yielding them anything. Obvs this was a v low sample size of like 20

Reactions: 36
I am sure that when she says "pull their pants down in the playground" after the nervous laugh you can just hear someone saying "you're not allowed to use that analogy" in a very disapproving voice.

I don't think I have ever used a school playground analogy when speaking to others. Well not since my teenage years. The room is full of adults, they don't need childhood metaphors to explain what is a simple concept of shame and embarrassment.
And FSM was mainly Marcus Rashford's initiative.
He conducts himself with dignity and intelligence. I can't see him thrilled that the weeks of calm pressure and negotiation with the government are reduced to 'pulling their pants down in the school playground and showing their arse'. For any number of reasons.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
And FSM was mainly Marcus Rashford's initiative.
He conducts himself with dignity and intelligence. I can't see him thrilled that the weeks of calm pressure and negotiation with the government are reduced to 'pulling their pants down in the school playground and showing their arse'. For any number of reasons.
Pretty hilari-sad and telling that the only initiative she could point to was one that had nothing to do with her at all.

Marcus seems like he's got a way better grasp on the child poverty situation, how to deal with government, and he dealt with the whole penalty fiasco really well. Jack just makes a show of herself, dribbles out some shouty rhetoric like one of those soapbox preachers, and hey presto she's solved child poverty.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Pretty hilari-sad and telling that the only initiative she could point to was one that had nothing to do with her at all.

Marcus seems like he's got a way better grasp on the child poverty situation, how to deal with government, and he dealt with the whole penalty fiasco really well. Jack just makes a show of herself, dribbles out some shouty rhetoric like one of those soapbox preachers, and hey presto she's solved child poverty.
Simply because Marcus lived through true food poverty, whereas Jack created a persona to get her face in the papers.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Just been watching Maid on Netflix and realising that Jack would love to have the exposure and success of Stephanie Land.

Reactions: 12
When you're browsing other threads and have to double take. The UK BADDIE & THE POV PRINCESS.
20DB0D6C-2021-4638-B9BF-22DB2527E96D.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 36
How disgusting she is using an analogy like that. I'm glad someone spoke out about it. Shocked that other people laughed though. I just wish more people would wake up to her. The whole conference was just a lot of back patting shite wasn't it? Bored rich folk wheel out the poverty princess to make themselves feel better but how does it actually help?

She likened poverty to sexual abuse in a graphic way for an article too once. It makes for horrible reading.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
How disgusting she is using an analogy like that. I'm glad someone spoke out about it. Shocked that other people laughed though. I just wish more people would wake up to her. The whole conference was just a lot of back patting shite wasn't it? Bored rich folk wheel out the poverty princess to make themselves feel better but how does it actually help?

She likened poverty to sexual abuse in a graphic way for an article too once. It makes for horrible reading.
Was that the dolly thing? That was grim 😑. I think she edited it in the end due to people complaining.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
This thread is making me want to go out and buy granola ffs. I don't think I've ever willingly bought it so, er, good job thread title.

It's also making me want to shout at ineffectual poverty cosplayers but that might be the can of Dragon Soop I stupidly bought because I'm tremendously bored.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Trifle defender is having a chaos by dissing Jaffa cakes 😭
She best not be starting on Jonuts as well because they're awesome and I can't buy them anymore because I just eat the entire pack immediately

eta: jaffa cake doughnuts obviously, for those unaware

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Oh hello, someone’s tweeted a clip from ✨ conference ✨

(hope the link works!)

I can not believe that someone who basically grifts, lies, encourages Twitter pile-ons, willingly and happily takes money and gifts from those who can’t really afford it.. had the gall to say the government don’t have morals. Really Jack?! Really?! Where are your morals Jack? Lost in the post with all the kickstart books and postcards?
Goodness me- she makes makes my blood absolutely boil!!

ETA: and the playground analogy is disgraceful and disgusting at best. What an awful human she is

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
ETA: and the playground analogy is disgraceful and disgusting at best. What an awful human she is
The more you think about it the more vile it is. Why would your mind even go there as an example of how to shame somebody into doing anything? She probably read it somewhere or heard it and thought it sounded edgy. Forcibly exposing children's buttocks and therefore genitals in public really is not an analogy most people are remotely comfortable with.

• Sad
Reactions: 44
I wonder why that person decided to record Jack talking and (as far as I can see) nobody else? Did they think it'd go viral as she has such a big following? It's got 3 likes. She hasn't retweeted it, or anything to do with the conference. Or did they know that being Jack she was bound to come off with something utterly inappropriate and wanted to catch the footage?

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I can not believe that someone who basically grifts, lies, encourages Twitter pile-ons, willingly and happily takes money and gifts from those who can’t really afford it.. had the gall to say the government don’t have morals. Really Jack?! Really?! Where are your morals Jack? Lost in the post with all the kickstart books and postcards?
Goodness me- she makes makes my blood absolutely boil!!

I think the worst part of Jack's contribution to that panel discussion is the repeated use of "we" implying that they have been involved in consistent campaigning of some sort, which was then successful because of a final metaphorical "pantsing" of the Tories. None of that happened.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.