Jack Monroe #210 Granola provider? Not so much

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh my god šŸ¤£

eta: re Oktoberfest, my local pub puts on 20 German beers and you get a t shirt and tankard for finishing them all in the two weeks. My wife has won for the past three years over a single weekend. It is not intended to be a competition.
your wife is a very special woman indeed and I hope you treasure her.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
I just canā€™t bring myself to watch that clip. I suffer terribly from second had embarrassment.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I still fail to the significance of the labour thing no one who went was that well known, it has been hardly talked about since apart from squigs vid. What will/ did it actually achieve?

It reminds me of when our local council has dog tit on the street meetings. No one of any consequence goes and there is still tit on the street.

Keep thinking they could have saved the money they spent on it and paid it forward to something worthy.

Reactions: 31
I still fail to the significance of the labour thing no one who went was that well known, it has been hardly talked about since apart from squigs vid. What is/ did it actually achieve?

It reminds me of when our local council has dog tit on the street meetings. No one of any consequence goes and there is still tit on the street.

Keep thinking they could have saved the money they spent on it and paid it forward to something worthy.
All back-patting self-congratulatory crap innit. She seems to have used it as just another way to attack the government while you've got your Rashfords et al out there actually doing something.

Like, volunteering at her local food bank would make more of a difference.

@EnglishRoseIrishRover I absolutely treasure her, though she can drink me under the table

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
I still fail to the significance of the labour thing no one who went was that well known, it has been hardly talked about since apart from squigs vid. What will/ did it actually achieve?

At least your local council has dog tit meetings- thatā€™s what you are paying your rates for.

Mir forever pisses me off when Belfast city council decide to debate these grand motions like vote of solidarity with political prisoners. Not their job. Sort out the dog tit!

Iā€™m surprised Jack isnā€™t a local councillor as it seems to be right up her street!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
If someone pulled someoneā€™s pants down in the school playground itā€™d be classed as sexual assault and all manner of tit would hit the fan.

Not sure it was the wisest analogy.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
If someone pulled someoneā€™s pants down in the school playground itā€™d be classed as sexual assault and all manner of tit would hit the fan.

Undercover Tory Monroe strikes again.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Oh hello, someoneā€™s tweeted a clip from āœØ conference āœØ

(hope the link works!)

I am sure that when she says "pull their pants down in the playground" after the nervous laugh you can just hear someone saying "you're not allowed to use that analogy" in a very disapproving voice.

I don't think I have ever used a school playground analogy when speaking to others. Well not since my teenage years. The room is full of adults, they don't need childhood metaphors to explain what is a simple concept of shame and embarrassment.

Did I miss the part where she give examples how to achieve anything positive? She said what everone in the room thinks. Jack has nothing original to say, just repeating the same old "Tory's are horribe" mantra without any solutions. Everyone in the room was of the same mind It's a Labour conference for goodness sake. They are not going to stop her and say "sorry Jack, you're wrong there, the Tory's are doing their best".

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 61

Yeah it's really really weird and I say that as someone who has a particularly inappropriate sense of humour at times (that i keep to myself and close friends instead of broadcasting at conference)

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Yeah it's really really weird and I say that as someone who has a particularly inappropriate sense of humour at times (that i keep to myself and close friends instead of broadcasting at conference)
It's strange considering her son has just started big school. You would have thought she'd be more sensitive to horrible playground bullying like this. Oh, what am I saying, it's Jack we're talking about here.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
At least your local council has dog tit meetings- thatā€™s what you are paying your rates for.

Mir forever pisses me off when Belfast city council decide to debate these grand motions like vote of solidarity with political prisoners. Not their job. Sort out the dog tit!

Iā€™m surprised Jack isnā€™t a local councillor as it seems to be right up her street!
My local area has become quite downtrodden over the last twenty years. I have only lived here nine, the local council and the local community groups have been trying to make it a nicer place to live.

They keep having meetings and workshops but nothing of any great significance has changed because the majority of people dont do their bit, some might say its like shouting about unfair pay yet not paying your way yourself.

Reactions: 23
The playground pants pulling analogy is awful, same as when people revel in what could happen to people who go to prison in the local newspaper comments. You donā€™t make people better/ learn lessons by assaulting them, you generally make them double down and hate more.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
The start of the clip we have her saying the government are shameless, have no clear direction and no morals. Sounds more like a description of her current "career" to me.
Once went to a meeting where a customer used the same metaphor of us pulling their pants down - in that case to describe our charges. My then manager got up and walked out. Not appropriate in any situation anymore as many have already said.

Love the Patreon stats, this does look like a bigger churn. Even if all followers were paying the minimum and platform charges high that's still Ā£800 a month. For nothing.

• Heart

Find it bizarre, only a few years younger than Jack but went to a v outdated school but even so, when a group of girls started yanking down PE shorts & undoing bras it was still treated really seriously?!

Sorry guys I fucked up the % in comparing the penultimate day of month (a higher number as she gained 4 new in month, highest since May!) to month end whereas we normally just compare opening / closing. So churn -4.4% which is the highest weā€™ve seen, but not higher x

A74F8120-5361-4063-9761-B97E897E0992.png

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
Find it bizarre, only a few years younger than Jack but went to a v outdated school but even so, when a group of girls started yanking down PE shorts & undoing bras it was still treated really seriously?!

Sorry guys I fucked up the % in comparing the penultimate day of month (a higher number as she gained 4 new in month, highest since May!) to month end whereas we normally just compare opening / closing. So churn -4.4% which is the highest weā€™ve seen, but not higher x

View attachment 790787
Itā€™s really, in my opinion (mā€™lud), dishonest to keep subs open if you arenā€™t providing anything. Itā€™s so disheartening for those of us busting a gut in jobs to climb the greasy pole and earn a decent wage to see that telling some fantastical stories about a brief period of oneā€™s life a decade ago pays so well šŸ˜”

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Itā€™s really, in my opinion (mā€™lud), dishonest to keep subs open when you arenā€™t providing anything. Itā€™s so disheartening for those of us busting a gut in jobs to climb the greasy pole and earn a decent wage to see that telling some fantastical stories about a brief period of oneā€™s life a decade ago pays so well šŸ˜”
Is there a possibility she's providing her patrons with stuff without it being made obvious on her Patreon account? I ask this not because I have any confidence that she'd do this, it's just strange that there aren't any public complaints from them.

Is there a possibility she's providing her patrons with stuff without it being made obvious on her Patreon account? I ask this not because I have any confidence that she'd do this, it's just strange that there aren't any public complaints from them.
I considered this so went back and edited to ā€œif you arenā€™t providing anythingā€.

Reactions: 22
I considered this so went back and edited to ā€œif you arenā€™t providing anythingā€.
Oh it wasn't directed at you or your post in particular, it's just something I've been thinking. I find the lack of updates on there (for nearly a year) very suspicious, and I don't know how Patreons work really so it's more of a general question!

Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.