Jack Monroe #210 Granola provider? Not so much

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ah the jackception recipes
- rinse sauce off beans/hoops and add tinned tomatoes
-don’t rinse sauce off beans/hoops and add tinned tomatoes
- use a tin of custard to make a cake. You will also need - a packet of cake mix
Can she actually cook?

I made Jack's carrot cake overnight oats recipe from her foodbank book and it was absolutely revolting. It went in the bin, a complete waste of tinned carrots. I'm only reminded because our other briefly mentioned aspiring Patreon chef is on about making one. I might try hers and see if it fares better. Jack's looked and tasted like vomit I'm afraid.

• Sick
Reactions: 34
Can she actually cook?

I made Jack's carrot cake overnight oats recipe from her foodbank book and it was absolutely revolting. It went in the bin, a complete waste of tinned carrots. I'm only reminded because our other briefly mentioned aspiring Patreon chef is on about making one. I might try hers and see if it fares better. Jack's looked and tasted like vomit I'm afraid.
No, she literally cannot cook
That’s why we are all here wishing she would stop lying and repurposing slimming world and bbc good food recipes

• Heart
Reactions: 44
That’s why we are all here wishing she would stop lying and repurposing slimming world and bbc good food recipes
I don't think Jack's recipes resemble anything from BBC Good Food personally, that would almost be a compliment.

Reactions: 16
My mother in law told me one of her great cooking tips once. Get tinned soup, add water and it makes more soup.
She was probably right if it was condensed soup like Campbell’s. You are meant to dilute it with a can’s worth of milk or water.

For some reason Felicity Cloake was eating that today😶.

Seriously need some slop content. It is like the purge outside my house.

She needs to attempt the weetabix cake.

Jack cooking an actual brick would probably turn into a fossilised brick.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
She was probably right if it was condensed soup like Campbell’s. You are meant to dilute it with a can’s worth of milk or water.

For some reason Felicity Cloake was eating that today😶.

Seriously need some slop content. It is like the purge outside my house.

She needs to attempt the weetabix cake.

Jack cooking an actual brick would probably turn into a fossilised brick.
Is it made from pulverised weetabix? She’s on it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Getting suspended from primary school usually requires serious rule breaking.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
Getting suspended from primary school usually requires serious rule breaking.
Does remind me of the guy in my brother's year who got expelled from secondary school for (well, the final straw was) picking a fight with a teacher and then claiming the teacher started it. Rather foolishly, they teacher he decided to fight was the Rugby coach.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Can she actually cook?

Slightly off topic, but I caught Nadiya Hussain's food show this morning on BBC1, it was all on using up leftovers, everything looked delicious, and to top it all off, carrot cake pakora's which I would bleeping destroy a mountain of.

Jack was never good enough for TV, no likeable personality, no cooking skills.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
It’s obviously bollocks that Jonny got suspended she’s always harping on about what a sweet & sensitive lad he is which I can quite imagine to be true.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
It’s obviously bollocks that Jonny got suspended she’s always harping on about what a sweet & sensitive lad he is which I can quite imagine to be true.
Although schools are a battleground for Jack, between the parent governor promising to “take her down a page or two” for reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory at 8, to the abuser/stalker teacher, to the secret expulsion for scalable theft, schools are up there with trains and Wetherspoons for “incidents” in the Marvel Jackiverse

Reactions: 40
My thoughts exactly. I doubt very much that he got suspended, and it’s yet another one of Jack’s totally made up/wildly exaggerated stories that she rolls out to fit her narrative as a hard up/food bank/disadvantaged single mum.

Reactions: 29
I can understand hiding what you earn actually. If you're a very little account that has just started up and you only earn say £8 a month, there's a very real effect it can have on people where they go "why would I sign up if hardly anyone else has signed up?" I expect if you could hide the number of Patrons as well, many people would. The opposite effect of someone earning £2k will also make some people think "well they don't need MY money" even though they are offering something good on their Patreon. It's not like we are privy to the salaries of published authors and (decent) TV chefs.
But this isn’t a charity, it’s about content creation. I don’t go and check Netflix’s annual returns or press releases citing their monthly average users before I decide whether or not they’re worth the fee, I don’t care about how many billions Disney has in the bank, I pay for those services because I want to access their content. That point surely only stands if you see Patreon as a sponsor a pov service?

• Heart
Reactions: 40
But this isn’t a charity, it’s about content creation. I don’t go and check Netflix’s annual returns or press releases citing their monthly average users before I decide whether or not they’re worth the fee, I don’t care about how many billions Disney has in the bank, I pay for those services because I want to access their content. That point surely only stands if you see Patreon as a sponsor a pov service?
There is a big difference in the way that people view big companies who have a monopoly and independent artists. Jack aside, since she hasn't done anything in a year, it's really sad the way that people view individuals trying to make a name for themselves using platforms like Patreon.

Reactions: 8
Hmm, do you remember the story she told about being suspended from school for taking the craft knife and her classmate said it never happened? I wonder if that was why SB was suspended and she borrowed the story? Not that a 5 year old would be using one in school, but if one had been left unattended and he took it out of curiosity.

• Sad
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.