Jack Monroe #21 If you cut me do I not bleed mayonnaise? #jacklivesmatter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My old boy has said this should be JMs theme song.

Woeee woe is me.........

She credited the artist, finally.
Finally is the key word here. If someone hadn't mentioned it, neither would she I imagine.

Background music for her live cooking vids maybe?

I like how she's told someone not to steal it 😂
Like it is hers to say that. Stupid bint.

Hate to break it to you Amazon reviewer, but JM is a rubbish cook too!
1591015895856.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Too much band wagon jumping in general at the moment, not just Jack. Too much of it is smacking of white saviourism as well, which is never helpful. The video, and her responses, are typically rushed and ill thought out. Skipping the speech and reading list, and pointing people towards advocacy groups, resources etc would have perhaps been a better move

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Not really - I mean a black man did go for a run and got killed, he was not the first and unfortunately won’t be the last black person to be killed while doing something innocuous. It’s not so much that there’s an overwhelmingly high chance of being shot for running, though there’s a connection with the criminalisation of black men in particular - as if they are running for a suspicious reason. It’s more a case of black people being unable to live their lives without the risk of being murdered for it. Ahmaud Arbery obviously didn’t think he was going to be killed by racists when he set out for a run that day, and there’s a devastatingly long list of other black people murdered for doing everyday things, none of them knowing what the result of their actions would be. That’s the issue

The cartoon - probably just saying that the ‘all lives matter’ people are racist

Thanks for your take on this. I was aware of the recent incident, but don’t think using it as a sweeping statement was helpful.

Regarding the cartoon, the element of violence portrayed was troubling. I guess it can be interpreted in various ways.

Does anyone keep an eye on her follower numbers? She’s been at 278k for a while. I think it went from 278.9 to 278.8. Seems quite stable. Not what you want surely?
I wonder how many are bots.

So from that recipe, we are told we can swap the asparagus for any green veg, the pickled cucumber for anything pickled, and the avocado dressing for mayo (obvs) or yogurt. 🙄
That salad makes me want to yak. She really just destroys food.

Reactions: 6
Oddly though mental health week was ignored. Funny that!
You'd think she'd be on that like a ton of bricks, but no. Big fat nowt.

Great opportunity too for highlighting the mh difficulties that are often co-morbid with ASD, ADHD too.

Silly isn't it?
Oh my personal favourites are the ones where the item gets a 1 star because they didn't receive it. Jeff all use to anyone!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
You'd think she'd be on that like a ton of bricks, but no. Big fat nowt.

Great opportunity too for highlighting the mh difficulties that are often co-morbid with ASD, ADHD too.
THIS. I thought for the majority of my life that I was just a sad person with an incredibly dark mindset, debilitating depressive episodes and overwhelming anxiety. When I received my ADD diagnosis it was essentially revealed that I'd spent a lifetime developing unhealthy masking strategies to cope with the condition in environments which are not set up to accommodate for it, and especially not in women (read: the corporate world; academia). It would be SO interesting for Jack to platform how anxiety and depression are exacerbated by developmental disorders, but instead it's just a convenient excuse for her to be lazy, disorganised, and rude to those who dare question her when they're not in possession of a blue tick.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
I can't cope with her anymore.

She calls people racist for suggesting she looks dirty, citing her Greek Cypriot ancestry, then compares herself to mayo because she's that white. So you're basically just a dirty fingered bint then as was originally stated.

A black man is held down and murdered in the street and JM manages to make her "ally video" all about her with some feeble mentions of BAME people who DO know what they're talking about, note she still hadn't updated the description as promised.

Oh and said video is monetized. But all the money is going to good causes, honest guv.

She uses other people's work without giving credit. Despite having tantrums anytime anyone dares to use any of her work without crediting her.

She's once again used her autism as an excuse to be bleeping rude in her replies to non blue tickers.

I can't actually believe I ever felt sorry for her, supported her, believed any of her bullshit.

And the people in her comments sucking her hole and enabling this behavior are just as bad.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 51
Love that @J4n0Z (Jeff all!) I’m going to use that in life 😂

The one thing that I marvelled about from a skimmed viewing of her video was that she had pretty much zero side eye action and seemed to remember the book titles and authors. Also used a few long words. Either she had better autocue (ie. not a post-it note taped to a window) or there are inconsistencies to her levels of confidence when on film.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
All this apparent walking on eggshells around her is bollocks. Why arent her family or friends calling her out ffs

Reactions: 16
Is she doing another Instagram live tomorrow? I’m taking the day as holiday so may have the mental resolve to actually deal with it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Sorry to derail the thread, @Hunty did you get things resolved yet, really hoping it worked out ok for you
With regards to the medication? No not really 🤦🏻‍♀️ I rang the pharmacy, the girl I spoke to was lovely but not very helpful, I asked if I had any due meds, she said no, I explained what happened, her response was well you are due a prescription soon, I'm like that's not the point, the point is a bottle of pills that should have 60 tablets doesn't and is short 20, doesn't matter if I should be calling to order a new prescription and you don't technically consider me short etc, if you aren't going to do anything please make note on my file, I was short 20 pills, please also make note all ny medication is to be checked when I collect it etc, she was quite lovely, but I don't think she truly grasped what I was saying, so I said, i will be ordering another prescription today, please just make sure the pharmacist in charge is aware of the issue and that the bottle did not have a pharmacy sticker on it, that seemed to get her attention, because she said that the inner container should always have the pharmacy printed sticker etc, so basically didn't get anywhere with them in getting back the missing pills, but when I order the next lot I will mention what happened and see if they issue me an extra 20.... I'm waiting though because today I have my appointment with neurology, well its now a phone appointment instead of at the hospital so will see what he says as last time he was looking at this time round weaning me off this particular drug, so don't want to re order just incase he wants me to stop them, so will see what happens later today.... Thanks for checking in,, hope you are doing OK? X

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
See its never ending.... 8 years of daily abuse. What a load of tit and bleeping insulting to people who are dealing with or have dealt with REAL abuse daily in their lives. Same as she insults people with autism every time she snaps back and uses it as an excuse to do so. Same as she insults people with genuine arthritis with her sofa jumping and heavy furniture carrying superwoman claims. The list is endless actually at this point of people she's offensive to.

I also don't believe she had dozens of DM'S BEGGING her to speak out on events in America. She just wanted to jump on another bandwagon and up her engagement which was seriously sliding after her catalogue of disastrous shenanigans last week.

Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.