Jack Monroe #21 If you cut me do I not bleed mayonnaise? #jacklivesmatter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So from that recipe, we are told we can swap the asparagus for any green veg, the pickled cucumber for anything pickled, and the avocado dressing for mayo (obvs) or yogurt. 🙄
I bet she'd excuse this rubbish with her recipes supposed to be "easy and accessible". Being edible only happens if you're lucky with what you happen to sling in 😂

Reactions: 6
Some of the responses beggar belief. Asking Jack permission to steal already stolen and uncredited work.

Could someone kindly explain what is the meaning / message / relevance of the cartoon below? It is as lost on me as Jack saying that "A black man can't go out for a run without being shot and killed". I am aware that a black man has been shot and killed while on a run, but many millions of black men always have, and always will, be able to go for a run without being shot and killed. This is such unsophisticated hyperbole.

EZVScy4XsAU2ypV?format=jpg&name=900x900.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Good grief. I’m a few weeks pregnant and that avocado bin juice salad has me reaching for my trusty bowl.
It’s extraordinary that she still hasn’t retweeted or listed any BAME activists.
I’ve just made myself a cheese and cucumber roll and have no mayonnaise - ragin’!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
So from that recipe, we are told we can swap the asparagus for any green veg, the pickled cucumber for anything pickled, and the avocado dressing for mayo (obvs) or yogurt. 🙄
Cabbage, pickled onion & mayo salad then anyone?

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I wonder if her chum Matt Haig will have a word about not crediting work - he had a bit of a tantrum over Britney Spears doing the same with a quite generic quote of his.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I really can’t think of anything to say, other than that she is an insufferable idiot. I can’t stand all of her bandwagon jumping, and all of her pathetic sheep just bleating in the comments like she’s a saint. I’ve been quite astonished at the various influencers and commenters who are saying ‘must follow this person/organisation’ or ‘read this book’. I’ve read most of the recommended books, some years ago. I’ve always followed Shaun King, Tamika Mallory, et al. I don’t know why people are only just realising that there are systematic race issues across the world?? No wonder the people are rioting - nobody has been bleeping listening! It’s been there in front of us the whole time 🤦‍♀️ Donate to the NAACP

• Heart
Reactions: 24
If you use a regular cucumber it'll be soft and mushy ugh

So ANY kind of vinegar eh? Balsamic? really harsh distilled vinegar?! And any kind of mustard...is that including English mustard?!

I know she thinks she's being egalitarian by saying you can just use any old thing but people read recipes to trust they will turn out actually tasting good ffs!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Does anyone keep an eye on her follower numbers? She’s been at 278k for a while. I think it went from 278.9 to 278.8. Seems quite stable. Not what you want surely?
So this is the commission from the other day. Again, it doesn’t fit her MO. We have an oddbox and love it (if you want a fiver off your first box message me!) but it is not the cheapest way to buy veg. It does surplus/ wonky veg/ fruit, with v minimal plastic. Her MO is cheap, not earth saving particularly, not vegan or vegetarian in any meaningful way and not about plastic free. Surprised they used her.

Good grief. I’m a few weeks pregnant and that avocado bin juice salad has me reaching for my trusty bowl.
It’s extraordinary that she still hasn’t retweeted or listed any BAME activists.
I’ve just made myself a cheese and cucumber roll and have no mayonnaise - ragin’!
Poor you! I was in first trimester in early lockdown during DKL - had to skip a lot of pictures of bad white sauce and wrong things done to carrots and oats. Hope you feel better soon.

Also it’s weird because if you have that recipe, you presumably have an oddbox. You might not have all the ingredients if you get a smaller box but replacements isn’t particularly relevant here!

Reactions: 9
I wonder if her chum Matt Haig will have a word about not crediting work - he had a bit of a tantrum over Britney Spears doing the same with a quite generic quote of his.
And we must never forget to thank Alexandra Burke and give her credit for bringing the phrase ‘elephant in the room’ to the UK 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Have just deactivated my Facebook for a bit as am finding it such a negative space at the moment. Relying on you guys to post any juicy Jack updates 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Sorry to derail the thread, @Hunty did you get things resolved yet, really hoping it worked out ok for you

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Could someone kindly explain what is the meaning / message / relevance of the cartoon below? It is as lost on me as Jack saying that "A black man can't go out for a run without being shot and killed". I am aware that a black man has been shot and killed while on a run, but many millions of black men always have, and always will, be able to go for a run without being shot and killed. This is such unsophisticated hyperbole.

Not really - I mean a black man did go for a run and got killed, he was not the first and unfortunately won’t be the last black person to be killed while doing something innocuous. It’s not so much that there’s an overwhelmingly high chance of being shot for running, though there’s a connection with the criminalisation of black men in particular - as if they are running for a suspicious reason. It’s more a case of black people being unable to live their lives without the risk of being murdered for it. Ahmaud Arbery obviously didn’t think he was going to be killed by racists when he set out for a run that day, and there’s a devastatingly long list of other black people murdered for doing everyday things, none of them knowing what the result of their actions would be. That’s the issue

The cartoon - probably just saying that the ‘all lives matter’ people are racist

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.