Jack Monroe #209 Jack Monroe is late to conference

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was never Mary. More narrator/ innkeeper vibe from me.
I always had to be the narrator and wear my uniform. I never got to be Gabriel with the gold tinsel. (We all know who got that part) or even a shepherd in stripy pajamas and a napkin.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
I was the second hump of a camel at junior school… had to hang up my acting shoes (hooves) after that as it could never be surpassed

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Sorry to distract from Nativity chat, I came across this today and it reminded me of our friend. This was an especially interesting line: "You can’t argue with someone who bases the entirety of their argument in their personal experience.”

ETA: Not disputing or supporting the argument of the piece either way as I don't have enough knowledge to have a solid position, but I find it an interesting discussion especially in the context of online personalities/grifters.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
Translation- She was Mary in her Primary School nativity once
And made it overrun by 2 hours by a) being late, and b) launching into an impromptu monologue about how she brings real-life experience to her role as being forced to sleep in a stable isn't really any different to having a wooden plank over a banister for a kitchen (going from that to a 5 bed detached with a 50 grand extension and Range Rover must have made an epic "What I did over the holidays" essay).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
@Falkor please tell us you were a sheep. 🐑
Er, funny you should say that, I was down at my mum's a couple of months ago and she found this photo of me as the Shepherd Boy in the school nativity - I am the bare-legged one in the middle with the sheep tucked under my arm, singing 'Did You See The Tiny Child?' aged 7.

Inkedearly shepherding_LI.jpg

(And that was a very short piece of hessian and apparently everyone saw my knickers as I ran up the nave and up the steps!)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
Nov 8th 2020. So, did we ever see the promised Bond thread? Or is it coming straight after the ‘Daily Pythagoras’ explanation?
FA9EC4FD-81AE-4E7C-A06D-286D5C6BAE25.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 58
I was "the Virgent Mary" (model's own pronunciation) once in infant school - I had a terrible cold and you can hear me snuffling away all through the video of it. When I stood up from my chair, all the snotty tissues I'd been trying to hide came with me. My acting career never really took off after that.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Bit in bold
I always thought it was “babe” but in an accent.
Used as a greeting, like “lads” or “mate” or “oi Jude sit the duck down I can’t see redcar”

Kept meaning to ask but never got to round to it, I’ll keep my meaning 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Er, funny you should say that, I was down at my mum's a couple of months ago and she found this photo of me as the Shepherd Boy in the school nativity - I am the bare-legged one in the middle with the sheep tucked under my arm, singing 'Did You See The Tiny Child?' aged 7.

View attachment 788434

(And that was a very short piece of hessian and apparently everyone saw my knickers as I ran up the nave and up the steps!)
Once a risqué shepherd, always a risqué shepherd!

• Haha
Reactions: 40
If I could be arsed, Which I can’t, I’d love to make a stand-alone list of “conversations I started but won’t finish” next to the “reasons why I’m not getting into this”
James Bond theory - infected splinter in index finger
Etc
Not as long as the list of times I’ve wanted to grate that 🥕

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.