Jack Monroe #209 Jack Monroe is late to conference

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations to @Ispyabudgetbeanblogger (what a mouthful) and @FrumpyCat for two different nominations of this thread title. You can also go to conference.

So, Jack came back to Twitter on the Saturday to campaign against the £20 cut to Universal Credit. It was an excellent opportunity to remind everyone that she, too, used a food bank. Also that she went shopping a few times, spent £20 on a pile of mismatched yellow-stickered food, took photos and and waited for her Nobel Prize.

Journos! Take note! This is what £20 looks like in groceries. ©️JACK MONROE @BootStrapCook

She spent a lot of the day arguing her points, but has been quiet today, probably cos she’s busy at the Labour Party Conference.

Please use the words ‘thread title’ (two separate words) when making a suggestion, as it’s easier to search. Also, please hold off to the latter part of the thread if possible (after post #500). And remember - no swears are allowed.

There is a thread in the off topic forum called Food and Drink where off topic chat is encouraged if / when Jack is quiet.
New to Jack? Have a look at the wiki (pink button).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
images (1).jpeg

Thanks poca.

I want to know what happens when youre people status goes to you get promoted to the real world?

Also didnt her apparance at conferences and things warrant her pic and name.

If so....

Oh dear.....

• Haha
Reactions: 34
top result when you search "labour party conference 2021 jack monroe"

20210926_203343.jpg

no sign of jack on the conference website or, indeed, anywhere on the labour site. is she just gonna be turning up in Brighton tomorrow and standing on the front giving it the whole "I'm jack monroe, single mother, food writer, cook, nigella botherer...." business

maybe meet up with matt and sali to compare tattle notes

"I'm the most hard done by!"
"no, I am!"
"they triangulated my toaster!"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
I love that the first line of the Tattle result in Google is 'performative food and thirst trap bollocks' 😂

Really lets you know what you're in for.

• Haha
Reactions: 70
Is she at conference like piers corbyn is to Jeremy corbyn?

So Jack monroe is at the Labour Party conference 2021. I hope she pays the tax for her company on a bootstrap limited.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Jack Monroe Director of On a bootstrap Ltd who didn’t pay any taxes since 2019, you mean?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
Jack Monroe Director of On a bootstrap Ltd who didn’t pay any taxes since 2019, you mean?
Yes, I believe we are thinking of the same Jack monroe. I would have assumed that Jack monroe would pay taxes before complaining about boris Johnson and saying she will be speaking at the Labour Party conference 2021

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
I was surprised not to see 'no pub quizzes on the main thread' under that spoiler.
My question would be: who wears grey pants and doesn't pay their taxes?

• Haha
Reactions: 37

View attachment 782305
no sign of jack on the conference website or, indeed, anywhere on the labour site. is she just gonna be turning up in Brighton tomorrow and standing on the front giving it the whole "I'm jack monroe, single mother, food writer, cook, nigella botherer...." business

"no, I am!"

DuckDuckGo gives this, which is not as funny, but kind of awkward. “IT LEFT!”

53983606-0855-4487-A5EC-938E8FFBF5BB.jpeg

I was just thinking this thread tittle has “CAROLE MALONE IS AWAY” energy, and then the attempts to influence Search Engine Optimisation began.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 54
I was surprised not to see 'no pub quizzes on the main thread' under that spoiler.
My question would be: who wears grey pants and doesn't pay their taxes?
Jack monroe, blogger of hunger hurts and director of On a Bootstrap Ltd?

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Did they say it was the Labour Party conference, our lovely grifter with the multiple spenny Cotswold sideboards who hasn’t paid taxes, Jack Monroe? Or could it be more word trickery?

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Yes, I believe we are thinking of the same Jack monroe who was (and possibly still is) in a relationship with Louisa Compton- Head of Channel 4 news. I would have assumed that Jack monroe would pay taxes before complaining about boris Johnson and saying she will be speaking at the Labour Party conference 2021
But I thought SHE LEFT!

And I'm reminded of the stuff about Sue Perkins from a couple of threads ago.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Jack Monroe Director of On A Bootstrap Ltd which hasn’t paid taxes since 2019 and is speaking at the Labour Party conference (in an event which I would call “Jack Mon-woe is me- cultural appropriation of working class queer female stories” but then, I am a mithering ninny) that Jack Monroe that hasn’t paid tax?
I have to also say, if tax squiggle reads here, sorry you felt you had to go private, we just really love you 😘

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70

View attachment 782305

"no, I am!"
You forgot “they even named themselves after my cats arse”!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
129B48AF-9317-4351-B1C9-7DBB7562147B.png

An interesting view on what a taxpayer is…… income tax clearly isn’t on Jack monroe’s radar. I look forward to Jack monroe’s visit to the Labour Party conference 2021

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 78
Yes, I believe we are thinking of the same Jack monroe who was (and possibly still is) in a relationship with Louisa Compton- Head of Channel 4 news. I would have assumed that Jack monroe would pay taxes before complaining about boris Johnson and saying she will be speaking at the Labour Party conference 2021
I dont think she is with L, i dont think she has anyone around her much hence the look at me look at me.

Reactions: 20
I dont think she is with L, i dont think she has anyone around her much hence the look at me look at me.
Fair enough I’ll report this bit

ETA: even though during this period she was claiming she couldn’t afford butter and needed to do the £20 shop when her fiancé was very well off

Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.