Jack Monroe #209 Jack Monroe is late to conference

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
read a book recently that retells p+p and subsequent events from Mary's pov. Mr Collins comes off surprisingly sympathetically. I can't look at him in a bad light anymore
Was it The Other Bennett Sister? I really enjoyed that!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
What on earth is a hybrid cassoulet?
can't even remember. i think it was whatever she put in the slow cooker that time when we had a really hot day in early summer and she got in the hammock saying it was a slow cooking kinda day

Was it The Other Bennett Sister? I really enjoyed that!
it was indeed!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Splinter Jack was a cracker. Completed it mate to all the squigs suggesting remedies, calling the offending splinter a piece of fauna, wrapping it up in a comedy bandage and then displaying for us not long afterwards a relative close-up of her hands that showed nothing wrong with a single digit (aside from the usual).

(I don't recall any stand-out roles in a nativity play but I was head caterpillar in my year 3 leaver's performance of Goin' Buggy 😌 I had to wear a cardboard headband with pipe cleaner feelers on it that I kept pulling down over my eyes to stop the bright lights blinding me because I was a smol urchin what has never seen nuffing like the fancy studio lights before, cor blimey! Consequently a teacher stapled the headband tighter before the night of the second performance so I couldn't pull it down. Anyway, that was my peak of my career and I've been retired from acting for over twenty years.)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Splinter Jack was a cracker. Completed it mate to all the squigs suggesting remedies, calling the offending splinter a piece of fauna, wrapping it up in a comedy bandage and then displaying for us not long afterwards a relative close-up of her hands that showed nothing wrong with a single digit (aside from the usual).

(I don't recall any stand-out roles in a nativity play but I was head caterpillar in my year 3 leaver's performance of Goin' Buggy 😌 I had to wear a cardboard headband with pipe cleaner feelers on it that I kept pulling down over my eyes to stop the bright lights blinding me because I was a smol urchin what has never seen nuffing like the fancy studio lights before, cor blimey! Consequently a teacher stapled the headband tighter before the night of the second performance so I couldn't pull it down. Anyway, that was my peak of my career and I've been retired from acting for over twenty years.)
I forgot about the fauna!

I pictured a smol deer stuck in her finger at the time.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I was the star once. They wrapped me in tinfoil and made me stand on a chair with my arms out. The humiliation!
I was Mary. Defo not her and it was my only lead in a school play. I was always a secondary character after that.

Also i didnt like Joseph! He was a twit.

• Haha
Reactions: 16

Just reading this article. Shame on Jack not paying her tax and shame on HMRC for not going after her grifting.
I'm not surprised. the government finds any way possible to claw money back from us. I've mentioned before I'm band 3 NHS admin (smol robots man's old job). we had our 3% "rise" (still not actually agreed to), paid in arrears from april, this month. it has also tipped most of us up a point in pension deductions (I went from 5.6% to 7.1%), deducted also with 3 months arrears, so we've ended up with less net pay than last month. and that's all without even thinking about the ni rise.great times 😶

sorry, think I had to get stuff off my chest there

anyhoo, I'd completely forgotten about the splinter bit! I just remember "007 is a woman... and it's canon" followed by many replies of

squig: "Jamie B ain't a woman!!"

jack: "I never said he was!!"

• Heart
  • Haha
If a smol magic pixie was granting wishes, of everything on Katch’s list I think I’d wish for the granola recipe
But if it was three wishes, 2. Would be pythagoras daily explanation and 3. Bond is and isn’t a woman explanation

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
If a smol magic pixie was granting wishes, of everything on Katch’s list I think I’d wish for the granola recipe
But if it was three wishes, 2. Would be pythagoras daily explanation and 3. Bond is and isn’t a woman explanation
very boringly, I believe (having never seen a bond film in my life) that the character played by lashana lynch in the latest film has the designation 007. like what james bond is. and jack got very excited about it for some reason

Reactions: 23
very boringly, I believe (having never seen a bond film in my life) that the character played by lashana lynch in the latest film has the designation 007. like what james bond is. and jack got very excited about it for some reason
She does! Because JB was retired so his designation went back into the pool. (Just out of the cinema)

• Wow
Reactions: 23
I played the stable door in my kindergarten nativity play. 🚪
Worked my way up to Iolanthe in grade 7, discovered boys and retired on a high before high school.
On topic, Jack smells of sulphur, pass it on.

• Haha
Christmas 1974 was my 'top year' of the juniors. Prior years had the senior juniors playing the main parts in the nativity. 1974 they decided to give those roles to the year below us. We were to 'play people in pub watching a nativity scene'. At least I got a starring role as I could play a guitar (poorly). I strumming along to See Him Lying In a Bed of Straw! I am still a little bitter all these years later!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

Just reading this article. Shame on Jack not paying her tax and shame on HMRC for not going after her grifting.
That is horrific!

I'm not surprised. the government finds any way possible to claw money back from us. I've mentioned before I'm band 3 NHS admin (smol robots man's old job). we had our 3% "rise" (still not actually agreed to), paid in arrears from april, this month. it has also tipped most of us up a point in pension deductions (I went from 5.6% to 7.1%), deducted also with 3 months arrears, so we've ended up with less net pay than last month. and that's all without even thinking about the ni rise.great times 😶
And this too! 🤬

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
I was never Mary. More narrator/ innkeeper vibe from me.
I was Fagin in Oliver once. Fagin. I feel this useless fact is partially on-topic as Jack often asks (in a teeny bit more subtle way) for more. Fagin though.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
I was the angel Gabriel, despite being a female in a mixed gender school. Maybe I'm NB Jack....

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Splinter Jack was so needlessly dramatic. What job was it she was trying to get out of, I can't remember?

Vague memories of being a blue fairy at school, in an old ballet costume my grandma had hanging around from when my aunty was a kid. My bloody family definitely have hoarding bizarre crap in common with Jack anyway 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.