Jack Monroe #208 Noooo it’s Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Those Insta posts are definitely Jack's because

They're strangely boastful for no reason
There's SO MANY of them
The food looks tit as per
There's some performative nonsense is the middle to somehow justify all of it

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Thanks Orphy b, usually I don’t use the SC to incinerate food so clean up requires very little effort!
Jack’s were worse because they were fully incinerated, my experience was worse because I tasted it, whereas Jack probably just cooked herself an inexplicably snotty egg after binning the oats
I have just been sick and the thought of snotty egg isnt doing me any favours. Thanks pet.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
I am at one of those points in life when I have to sit on my hands. How can she share that post from the Trussel Trust when she has been living a life of luxury and not paying her taxes?

JACK, THIS GOVERNMENT COULD PAY FOR LOTS OF THINGS IF PEOPLE PAID THEIR TAXES.

She, in my opinion, has given up her right to comment on this up until the point her taxes are paid because guess what pays for welfare benefits?

• Heart
Reactions: 76
I am at one of those points in life when I have to sit on my hands. How can she share that post from the Trussel Trust when she has been living a life of luxury and not paying her taxes?

JACK, THIS GOVERNMENT COULD PAY FOR LOTS OF THINGS IF PEOPLE PAID THEIR TAXES.

She, in my opinion, has given up her right to comment on this up until the point her taxes are paid because guess what pays for welfare benefits?
All of her activism is performative. If its not for show she doesnt go.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Once the Dino nap finishes, expect

as Marcus RashFord has been added to the national curriculum

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
Jack clearly felt she was so useless that the standard recipe would have been too difficult for her to follow, hence all the ridiculous "the teaspoon is the smallest one, third from the right, second drawer down" and "count to 120 while stirring, DON'T MOVE OR THINK ABOUT ANYTHING OTHER THAN THIS EXTREMELY DELICATE AND PRECISE PROCESS" guff.

I don't want to get too much into psychoanalysis but it comes across to me that Jack, feeling insecure in LJC's shadow (successful, self-motivated, executive level role in her chosen field) liked using her "superiority" in the kitchen (which, lol) as a way to exert power over her. "See, she's completely hopeless without me, the literal food expert, look how I have to hold her hand and give her detailed instructions for the most simple of recipes."

The above isn't as articulated as well as I'd like but I'm still feeling a bit queasy from looking upon #HotesOats and am also half asleep
I was too late to catch the previous thread, but remembered a text conversation I had with my 11yr old daughter. You really don't need horrible, performative instructions like Jack's. In fact, simpler is probably better in a lot of ways, look at any kids cookbook or those designed for students. They don't bog the reader/cook down because it's unnecessary and intimidating. 

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
I was too late to catch the previous thread, but remembered a text conversation I had with my 11yr old daughter. You really don't need horrible, performative instructions like Jack's. In fact, simpler is probably better in a lot of ways, look at any kids cookbook or those designed for students. They don't bog the reader/cook down because it's unnecessary and intimidating. 
I bet your 11 year old could cook anything better than Jack! (Not a hard bar, I know).

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I know this is a bit OT and veering away from #porridgegate but seeing all the posts Ruby has put up about her new book, I think I am slowly, softly, gently falling in love with her.

It seems so well thought out, (complete with the alternative version) with the way the chapters are arranged, ways to use leftovers and the way she has credited people who have influenced her. To top it off, the illustrations are lovely.

A million miles from Jack’s last offering.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Is Jack always ill because she's ingesting so much slop? And is she less ill (and chaotic) when she has a rich mom?

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I know this is a bit OT and veering away from #porridgegate but seeing all the posts Ruby has put up about her new book, I think I am slowly, softly, gently falling in love with her.

It seems so well thought out, (complete with the alternative version) with the way the chapters are arranged, ways to use leftovers and the way she has credited people who have influenced her. To top it off, the illustrations are lovely.

A million miles from Jack’s last offering.
Is there a granola recipe in Ruby's book? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.