Jack Monroe #206 I wouldn’t trust her with a spam fritter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why are people (influencers) at all shocked that people might have an opinion about the things that they (influencers) post!
Why do media companies, newspapers and tv, give these influencers column inches and airtime to moan? Especially when these influencers are only being asked to keep to the same standards that the media companies themselves have to uphold.

Reactions: 46
To indulge my inner conspiracy theorist. A few months ago there are online articles about how awful gossip sites are. I see the Em Sheldon one came out 3 weeks ago, naming Tattle. Jack has a slip up on twitter by calling out the head of an academy, and disappears. Has been gone since with references to getting sober and therapy. The online articles did not gain much traction. Now here we are with Victoria Derbyshire, good friend of LJC, doing a TV spot on it. If any press, wider community interest can be whipped up, I will be extremely surprised if we don't see Jack out there telling her story. Because how very dare we. And, sadly for her, she needs something to raise interest in her comeback, as at the moment not very many people realise she has gone.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
Why do media companies, newspapers and tv, give these influencers column inches and airtime to moan? Especially when these influencers are only being asked to keep to the same standards that the media companies themselves have to uphold.
No idea, but the wilder claims of bullying by trolls are swallowed hook line and sinker by the media.
The examples of bullying influencers give, including Jack, are always of the 'safety of my family was compromised, they knew where I live, they contacted my employer' kind with no proof whatsoever. Which of course if actually true 🙄 would be awful.
They never mention the exposing of their lies and scamming, or just ridicule at their dafter actions (which I'm sure is unpleasant but hardly threatening or dangerous).
So the narrative that trolls and gossip sites are akin to the Dark Web and harmful has to be pushed front and foremost.
Rather than exasperated mainly ex fans pointing out the inconsistencies and grifting, whilst often having a laugh. And what is more confining it to one small area of the Internet.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
To indulge my inner conspiracy theorist. A few months ago there are online articles about how awful gossip sites are. I see the Em Sheldon one came out 3 weeks ago, naming Tattle. Jack has a slip up on twitter by calling out the head of an academy, and disappears. Has been gone since with references to getting sober and therapy. The online articles did not gain much traction. Now here we are with Victoria Derbyshire, good friend of LJC, doing a TV spot on it. If any press, wider community interest can be whipped up, I will be extremely surprised if we don't see Jack out there telling her story. Because how very dare we. And, sadly for her, she needs something to raise interest in her comeback, as at the moment not very many people realise she has gone.
I think she'll lay very, very low.
She'll not want to draw any attention to herself from the 'Investagive' branch of journalism.
If a cabal of mithering ninnies can poke numerous holes in her tissue of lies...
Plus the work has basically been done for them in 200+ threads.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
Any ranting by Jack or LJC about Tattle would bring people right here, and that's the last thing they want.

#wegotthereceipts

• Heart
Reactions: 46
It really butters my snakes that that other site we don't link to is constantly ransacked by the red tops for inconsequential drama about wedding dresses, loud parenting and mothers in law, half of which is made up by the OP or dramatically augmented for attention, but nothing from here on assorted Grifty McGriftersons backed up by actual real time genuine receipts.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
We’ve already had ‘Grift, Glaugh, Glove’ 😂
Clearly I don't pay enough attention!

Have just been reading the press about Em Sheldon. I had no idea who she is, but it turns out it's exactly the type of person who winds me up on Instagram. How dare we expect these people to be open & honest about collaborations and freebies!
Maybe as a dull, PAYE worker I'm just jealous. Hang on, nope! I know the minimum I'll be paid every month so I can plan & budget meaning I don't have to eat slop.....

• Haha
Reactions: 37
No idea, but the wilder claims of bullying by trolls are swallowed hook line and sinker by the media.
The examples of bullying influencers give, including Jack, are always of the 'safety of my family was compromised, they knew where I live, they contacted my employer' kind with no proof whatsoever. Which of course if actually true 🙄 would be awful.
They never mention the exposing of their lies and scamming, or just ridicule at their dafter actions (which I'm sure is unpleasant but hardly threatening or dangerous).
So the narrative that trolls and gossip sites are akin to the Dark Web and harmful has to be pushed front and foremost.
Rather than exasperated mainly ex fans pointing out the inconsistencies and grifting, whilst often having a laugh. And what is more confining it to one small area of the Internet.
They always have a new book/podcast out that they subtly plug by mentioning them in these articles too 😂 I would live for a Jack article, but I think we'll have to settle for influencers in general - Jack just isn't big enough to cause a stir.

Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.