Jack Monroe #206 I wouldn’t trust her with a spam fritter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
[QUOTE="bowiethesdmn, post: 6337712, member: 153857"
eta: now I've got the giggles over the Viggles again. bleeping loved how they kept popping up just when Jack must have thought they'd given up.
[/QUOTE]
This is a potential downside for Jack on Insta. I don't see being 90% vegan going over very well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 25
You'd hate to be rehab buddies with Jack:

* she'd sidle up to the bar and hand over a card saying, "we're all alcoholics, don't serve us alcohol under any circumstances"

* she'd corner you at the Naughty End of the table to bore you shitless with her personal dramas and make you dissect the reasons She Left

* she'd embarrass you in front of the waiter - "Tell the chef it wasn't a bad effort for a carbonara, but personally I'd put in halloumi, cabbage, and Lorne sausage. Oh, and spraying it gold would make it a bit more festive."

* ...and worst of all, she'd bring cake.
😂 No.3…waiter…lorne sausage…..I die…😂

Edit: yes it is. There is no way 4 mashed bananas would make 2 jars of anything.

2 people, away for 3 nights, in a fantastic food city, ate 2 jars of banana chilli ketchup?

Sure Jan.

Anyway, if I didn’t learn my lesson from the moonshine mash, or the pasta thing that you could serve at a ‘high falutin’ restaurant (spoiler: you couldn’t), or the hairy jackfruit pineapple burger thing, I’m making that banana ketchup.

Can anyone explain to me why cooking bananas until they bubble could be called ‘impetuous?’
👇This. Just this. Nowt else. As you were. Oh yes, this.👇
779BAAC9-BF3D-4CA4-9B72-DB643D83DD46.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
I am wondering whether she was advised to lay off the politcal / social comments and concentrate on the cooking.

I don't spend much time on Insta, is it the case that Insta is more lifestlye and twitter more commentary on current affairs? (Though I see Nigella has a steady stream of people posting photos of the food they have made from her recipes)
Also, weren't the viewing figures for her Instagram appearances very low? She could be attempting to build up more of a presence/following there.
It also makes me wonder if the bulk of her followers on twitter weren't there for the food.
I do find IG a bit more relaxed. There seems to be a bit less drama, and overall, they seem better at responding to unpleasant behaviour. Not saying nonsense doesn't go on, because of course it does, but the vibe is generally nicer.

I think you're right that the Twitter followers are largely outrage based - they've proven again and again they'll leap in to defend their top princess against the squiggles - but she cannily never mentions any of her paid deals over there. I think she knows the Twitter mob are just there for the drama (which she loves provoking) and willingness to be her paypigs.

Reactions: 35
View attachment 761917Perhaps Nicki’s cousin’s mate was on a train and got a shin kicking!
Well that's a way to explain your STD to your soon to be wife.
"No, I've not been putting it about and caught syphilis. It's the Covid vaccine. HONEST"

Sorry for off topic, but even though it was a ridiculous claim, I thought it needed a sensible rebuttal...and a laugh.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
I also think that with Instagram it's harder to keep track of what a user is commenting on. So on twitter you see that person's tweets when they are interacting with others as well as when they are tweeting themselves. On Instagram, you only really have a chance of seeing someone's comments if you happen to be following both the commenter and the poster.

Reactions: 36
"Author, writer, sober, queer etc."...Wha?

Even Jack can't be arsed completing the list
This has been done deliberately, so people can infer other things without her explicitly stating anything. Exactly what she does with other stuff - breadcrumbing.

• Heart
This has been done deliberately, so people can infer other things without her explicitly stating anything. Exactly what she does with other stuff - breadcrumbing.
Maybe part of her bio should read queen of the breadcrumb

• Haha
Reactions: 32
It’s been a while canal! I think she’s binned off Twitter as it’s a toxic hellscape, and moved to the sunnier happier (more filtered) climes of insta. Plus it isn’t as 🤔 over there to limit replies to posts.

Also, she is the only Twitter account I’ve seen that uses the tip jar! I’m sure there will be lots that do, but no one I follow…

🐦🧤(none seen in the wild recently 🥺)

Reactions: 41
Flashy, I hope you don't mind me stealing this for the anti-conspiracy theory thread! It'll give all my #friends over there a good laugh.
Of course. Just make sure u edit me out of your screen shots for privacy reasons dear friend! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Ooh!! One of the guests on BBC "Morning Live" today is going to be making delicious meals from store cupboard tins!

Who could it be?!

I didn't actually catch his name but it's definitely not Jack

• Haha
  • Wow
I’m on annual leave this week so loving the tea. Given that I may be forced to shield from 28 weeks I’m going to need a lot more chaos to keep me entertained! Come on Jack, do me a solid here plz

• Heart
It’s been a while canal! I think she’s binned off Twitter as it’s a toxic hellscape, and moved to the sunnier happier (more filtered) climes of insta. Plus it isn’t as 🤔 over there to limit replies to posts.

Also, she is the only Twitter account I’ve seen that uses the tip jar! I’m sure there will be lots that do, but no one I follow…

🐦🧤(none seen in the wild recently 🥺)
None seen in the wild but one appeared in a Clare Chambers novel this morning

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.