Jack Monroe #206 I wouldn’t trust her with a spam fritter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Em Sheldon's being interviewed by Victoria Derbyshire at the moment and she's saying that 'trolls' will make complaints to the ASA and HMRC lols.

ETA sorry this should be in the tattle in the press thread but I'm all over the place at the moment and also it made me think of Jack anyway.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
Em Sheldon's being interviewed by Victoria Derbyshire at the moment and she's saying that 'trolls' will make complaints to the ASA and HMRC lols.

ETA sorry this should be in the tattle in the press thread but I'm all over the place at the moment and also it made me think of Jack anyway.
It’s bad enough being on hold to HMRC for my actual life, why would anyone call them recreationally? They also ask if you’re authorised to call for the business you’re speaking about or ask your own NI number if it’s personal… so how could anyone call for her?

And in the case of Jack we’ve got nothing to tell them they don’t already know, she owes them tens of thousands! Speaking of which I was told if you’re late with payments they take out an estimate of next quarter’s / year’s from your business account? CC my accountancy fraus, surely she must have hit this stage of chaos now she’s 6+ months overdue?

• Heart
Reactions: 45
It’s bad enough being on hold to HMRC for my actual life, why would anyone call them recreationally? They also ask if you’re authorised to call for the business you’re speaking about or ask your own NI number if it’s personal… so how could anyone call for her?

And in the case of Jack we’ve got nothing to tell them they don’t already know, she owes them tens of thousands! Speaking of which I was told if you’re late with payments they take out an estimate of next quarter’s / year’s from your business account? CC my accountancy fraus, surely she must have hit this stage of chaos now she’s 6+ months overdue?
She went on to say that it made her really aware of the legalities of #ads etc so she now has to be careful and dot every I and cross every T, which would seem like a ... good thing? I mean, she seemed to be saying that her 'trolls' made her follow the law WRT her social media money makers which is what tattle's all about, isn't it? I just don't see how that's bad. So no idea what her point was.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
She went on to say that it made her really aware of the legalities of #ads etc so she now has to be careful and dot every I and cross every T, which would seem like a ... good thing? I mean, she seemed to be saying that her 'trolls' made her follow the law WRT her social media money makers which is what tattle's all about, isn't it? I just don't see how that's a bad. So no idea what her point was.
I think thats where people fall down on sm. They call it a business but forget to use it as such.

I never watch day time telly but having an off morning.

Watching come dine with me,

A bloke has just added a fucked up slop dish to food colouring to try and diguise it.

Someone else i know does that, cant recall who right now.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
The naughty end of the table? She'll be one of those insufferable twats hooting loudly with laughter, just so everyone is absolutely clear how much fun she's having compared to you.

She's probably got one of these on her noticeboard too:
Screenshot_20210914-112118.png

• Haha
Reactions: 38
View attachment 761428
The targeted ads interspersed in these threads are hilarious sometimes
Those ads are the reason I ended up getting a bloody Penhaligon's sample set when I first joined. Nice stuff but the branding isn't my style, at all.

[QUOTE="bowiethesdmn, post: 6337712, member: 153857"
eta: now I've got the giggles over the Viggles again. bleeping loved how they kept popping up just when Jack must have thought they'd given up.

This is a potential downside for Jack on Insta. I don't see being 90% vegan going over very well.
Ooooh Return of the Viggles! Good point.

Also I welcome Jack's new direction as her cooking is definitely more successful than her activism and she might even learn something, if her ego allows

edit: too many commas

Reactions: 22
She went on to say that it made her really aware of the legalities of #ads etc so she now has to be careful and dot every I and cross every T, which would seem like a ... good thing? I mean, she seemed to be saying that her 'trolls' made her follow the law WRT her social media money makers which is what tattle's all about, isn't it? I just don't see how that's bad. So no idea what her point was.
Stolen off @Yel who I think shared this in the FOD thread, but about a book on influencing that contains a chapter on tea sites like us:

A5A900C1-CE47-4E1D-87B9-E484297E3932.jpeg

“doing the work of underfunded mainstream journalism”

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 58
Oh that sounds really interesting, do you know what the book's called / who wrote it?
It is by Olivia Yallop 'Break the Internet'. I don't think it is out yet. But looks a fascinating and for once intelligent look at influencer culture. In that the author looks to have done decent research.

Em Sheldon was moaning on before how mean 'trolls' reported her to the ASA. As is people's perfectly legal right if she was flouting ad rules. Some of them just don't get it do they? 🥴

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Some people don’t like being held to account…or doing their accounts for that matter 🥴

• Haha
I dont get the complaining if youre doing something in plain sight someones going to moan to the appropriate people.

Imagine of Tesco's failed to mention the appropriate stuff to flog their book for them, they would get fucked over the counter. Excuse the pun.

Reactions: 22
It is by Olivia Yallop 'Break the Internet'. I don't think it is out yet. But looks a fascinating and for once intelligent look at influencer culture. In that the author looks to have done decent research.

Em Sheldon was moaning on before how mean 'trolls' reported her to the ASA. As is people's perfectly legal right if she was flouting ad rules. Some of them just don't get it do they? 🥴
It's crazy to me that no one challenges them on this either. Imagine someone on TV like "I took a bit of money out the till and those MEAN TROLLS at my employer's company reported me to the police" the answer would be like "yeah, because you were stealing & that's illegal"

Yet no one ever seems to point out to influencers that if they clearly mark ads correctly, as is the law in UK , then there'd be no reports??? Wish the ASA had more teeth tbh, sick of influencer entitlement

• Heart
Reactions: 46

Thank you, I don't know why I didn't just look on the insta page which was reviewing it in the first place!

Screenshot 2021-09-14 at 12.06.33.png

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Oh that sounds really interesting, do you know what the book's called / who wrote it?
If you go onto the Insta profile there’s a doc that looks a bit like a dissertation? It’s on that post, apparently it’s being published at some point tho? ETA - sorry hadn’t seen subsequent comments lol

Idk why the Scotsman journos don’t write a book on grifters it would do so well!

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I’m on annual leave this week so loving the tea. Given that I may be forced to shield from 28 weeks I’m going to need a lot more chaos to keep me entertained! Come on Jack, do me a solid here plz
She can’t do a solid. Not with all that slop she’s ingesting

• Haha
  • Sick
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.