Jack Monroe #206 I wouldn’t trust her with a spam fritter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah, nobody's got time for those captions. Especially when the photograph isn't at all engaging.

Reactions: 27
Yeah, nobody's got time for those captions. Especially when the photograph isn't at all engaging.
Absolutely! The captions are hard to read and I’d be surprised if they were accessible to those using screen readers. I’m in a few FB groups where the admins insist that any pics are described so that the blind can ‘read’ the script. They wouldn’t have a chance with Jack’s images.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I chose an album at random from my Spotify library to listen to during my grunk and this is the first track on it, I'm hooting.

View attachment 762743

Here is an excerpt of the lyrics:

The dogs bark at the moon, children wake at night
Since the appearance of those weird black eggs

Yep, sounds like Sunday in Southend to me.
She's been soaking them in tea again, hasn't she?!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Absolutely! The captions are hard to read and I’d be surprised if they were accessible to those using screen readers. I’m in a few FB groups where the admins insist that any pics are described so that the blind can ‘read’ the script. They wouldn’t have a chance with Jack’s images.
Oh, I would LOVE Jack's pics to come with a description for people with screen readers.

Photo: a dirty metal pot containing mysterious brown slop. No individual ingredients can be distinguished except a practically raw egg that has been placed on top and covered with black pepper. An expensive but tarnished spoon is half-submerged in the sludge. The pot is being clutched in two hands, featuring inexpertly-drawn tattoos and grimy nails.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 88
Oh, I would LOVE Jack's pics to come with a description for people with screen readers.

Photo: a dirty metal pot containing mysterious brown slop. No individual ingredients can be distinguished except a practically raw egg that has been placed on top and covered with black pepper. An expensive but tarnished spoon is half-submerged in the sludge. The pot is being clutched in two hands, featuring inexpertly-drawn tattoos and grimy nails.
Oh my days NEW GAME, NEW GAME!!! The cabal selects their favourite Jack posts and does image descriptions for them. Someone do Mary Poppins please! 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
Oh my days NEW GAME, NEW GAME!!! The cabal selects their favourite Jack posts and does image descriptions for them. Someone do Mary Poppins please! 🤣
Several stalks of celery have been chopped into smol pieces. The pieces of celery are placed on a chopping board with a large knife (probably expensive, possibly Japanese) beside them. It's impossible to tell the location of the celery from the photograph, but it's EDINBURGH ok, the photographer's spiritual home.

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Jack is wearing enough foundation in a too pale shade that her face resembles the Death Mask of Napoleon Bonaparte if he were to be sporting a red lip and fifteen coats of mascara at the time of death. She is wearing a bright blue coat and a black hat in a bizarre mating ritual designed to attract people with a fetish for Nannies as played by Julie Andrews in particular. The expression on her face is chilling and her eyes are, in the words of Quint 'lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eyes'.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Jack sits holding a handful of hair, ugly crying in front of a bookcase filled with tomes that have never been opened.
She is wearing what looks like a very itchy jumper in the hope that the Chancellor of Exchequer will be her friend.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 76
OMG, I lost track of this thread AGAIN and now I have 36 pages to grunk.

Has she submitted her accounts yet?

• Haha
Reactions: 42

Dont forget the fact that it refuses to come out of the tin despite desperate attempts disguised as anticipation to taste.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
ooh! I like this idea!

jack, wearing a grease-stained navy t shirt has taken a selfie in front of a background of foliage, which could be anywhere. her hair is greasily slicked back. dog tags and a small portion of tattoo are visible. ears and brows are blurred. she claims her friends are there but not pictured due to security reasons. obviously, she did not consider using a cartoon filter to protect their identities

• Haha
Reactions: 54
In a cluttered kitchen near a pink curtain, stands a short pale woman with messy cropped hair she has heavily made up eyes, eyebrows and lips. She wears double denim. There are plastic plants and photographs of herself behind her. She tries to make “Poverty picnic” a thing.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
So our visually-impaired cabal members can enjoy the sweatshirt meme:

A woman wearing Hunter S. Thompson-style orange-lensed sunglasses stands hunched over with finger guns pointing at a slogan on the front of a poorly-fitting cheap-looking navy blue child's size sweatshirt which reads 'NEVER GIVE UP'. For no discernible reason, there are stock lens flares at the end of both index fingers. She is pouting like a thirteen-year-old girl in her latest Bebo selfie in an attempt to give herself defined cheekbones. No sense of shame is visible. A plant with large green leaves is partially blurred in the foreground.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 76
There are some prawns languishing in a pale orange sauce on top of some dry spiralised cucumber in a glass dish. The prawns have not been deveined and one appears to have turned black.

There is an inexplicable witchetty grub alongside the prawns and the smallest fork in the world has been placed next to the dish. There is also a very sad looking party hat which would rather be elsewhere.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 49
A woman lounges on a sideboard. She has a masculine aesthetic, shown by her choice of clothes: an ill-fitting grey sports bra and short black control pants. This outfit leaves her legs largely bare, revealing no disfiguring birthmarks. She stares lustfully at the camera, mouth slightly open. Her head is shaved except for a long reverse rat's tail, which is dyed grey and plaited. The sideboard appears to weigh 93 kg.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 82
an alt description for general usage

a filthy, tarnished, expensive spoon is immersed in an alarming melée of foodstuffs that have been combined in an inexplicable manner. the receptacle of said foodstuffs may or may not be encircled by mucky paws. the caption reads "oooft. that'll do"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
an alt description for general usage

a filthy, tarnished, expensive spoon is immersed in an alarming melée of foodstuffs that have been combined in an inexplicable manner. the receptacle of said foodstuffs may or may not be encircled by mucky paws. the caption reads "oooft. that'll do"
'Alarming Melée....'
I'm gone! 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 30
A sad looking woman squints at the camera, like a beady eyed mallard. She is attempting to hold one eye shut. The aforementioned eye has a coating of badly applied shimmery makeup

• Haha
Reactions: 62
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.