Jack Monroe #198 Marcus! Marcus! Marcus!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe she's going proper showbiz and doing "Potatoes - the Musical."
I would honestly love this to happen, imagine the dancing pistachios lined up in front of the Smeg fridge prop

With her love of tins and Americanisms, surely we'd see a "can can"

If the nefarious cable are featured I want them to be hammed up to the max, the actors dramatically swirling in swooshy black capes maleficent style, we can do some evil cackling hooting and fizzing and have a catchy tune for our villain song.

...of course we would have to sit through the opening half hour monologue about The Poverty™️

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I would honestly love this to happen, imagine the dancing pistachios lined up in front of the Smeg fridge prop

With her love of tins and Americanisms, surely we'd see a "can can"

If the nefarious cable are featured I want them to be hammed up to the max, the actors dramatically swirling in swooshy black capes maleficent style, we can do some evil cackling hooting and fizzing and have a catchy tune for our villain song.

...of course we would have to sit through the opening half hour monologue about The Poverty™️

'Our Brave Dear Heart Jackie enters the Cabal'

• Haha
Reactions: 47
One of the musical numbers would surely be set to a mob of evil bailiffs hammering down the door of the crappy bungalow with a battering ram as our heroine howls and claws the stage.

The chorus will be made up of anthropomorphic brambly mice, the slop-sniffing postman, and random old duffers periodically belting out "WE DON'T CARE WHO YOU NEED TO FEED; WHITE TRASH SHOULDN'T BREED!"

The Act 1 finale would be a rousing, triumphant number as Allegra descends on a wire to scoop up our plucky urchin from the gutter of despair, rivalling Wicked's "Defying Gravity" in the emotional stakes.

Usherettes will sell rinsed bean ice cream and sideboard thot shot t-shirts in the interval.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Maybe she's going proper showbiz and doing "Potatoes - the Musical."
At the end of the day there’s a kidney bean burger,
Can’t batch cook if you commit suicide.
It’s a struggle, shed some tears,
Cos there’s no support from Rishi.
Patreon subscribers are down,
You may actually have to start working.
Or rent somewhere cheaper than Thorpe Baa-aaay

At the end of the day.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
We're all jesting about the colourful, musical spectatcular; Potatoes could be, yet, I think we all know in our mendacious hearts the show will be going more like this....

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
Provisional cast thoughts:

Jack - Ruby Rose (Obv)
Katie Hopkins - Laurence Fox (Bit like Edna Turnblad in Hairspray but the fascist version)
Annunziata Rees-Mogg - Rylan (he's in every other bleeping thing.)

• Haha
Reactions: 56
A Notice To Patrons
Tonight the role of Jack Monroe will be played by understudy Ruby Rose, as Mx Monroe is unwell

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Provisional cast thoughts:

Jack - Ruby Rose (Obv)
Katie Hopkins - Laurence Fox (Bit like Edna Turnblad in Hairspray but the fascist version)
Annunziata Rees-Mogg - Rylan (he's in every other bleeping thing.)
bleeping Laurence Fox 🤣 I'd actually pay good money to see him cast in that role, I'm picturing Rupert Everett as Mrs Fritton in St Trinians, but with none of the charm

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I’m still very curious about her radio silence. Something has definitely happened.
That Belle Gibson documentary must have given her a fright. It was shocking, but they are cut from the same cloth. Maybe she has stopped before she is completely exposed no a wider number of people.

Reactions: 32
This little cook is a curious chef
The little cook doesnt care for texture
But she will do as she she will do

And theres nobody who can do anything about it. ( To the rumtumtugger music)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Oooooooo musical time. I love a singalong to a musical. Can it please include this little ditty. It is slightly influenced by La Cage aux Folles and the lovely Gloria Gaynor.

The curtain rises, the stage is in darkness, a single spotlight bursts onto the stage where Ruby Rose appears wearing a badly fitting Viv (RIP) gown. She is sat atop a Cotswold sideboard rummaging through a pile of cheap wigs. She turns her face to the audience and after a 20 minutes monologue about her poverty and how she is facing her fears, she bursts into a quivering voiced rendition of her signature tune whilst jabbing her finger on a keyboard precariously balanced beside her...

I am what I am
I want lots of praise, I want lots of pity
I'm a single mum
Some think I'm tit, I think I'm gritty
And so what if I love myself and my life's a scandal
I'll carry on grifting I'm exploiting every angle
My food's not worth a dam, though I shout out
I'll open this can

I am what I am
And what I am needs loads of excuses
I've got a brass neck
I alter my face, I paint on some bruises
It's my life so I'll show the cabal my grey gusset
My life and if I want to, I'll discuss it
My food's not worth a damn, so the cabal all shout out
"Jack's life is a sham"

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 82
Oh, good Lord.

Mr D must have been bored whilst I was at the Physioterrorist yesterday afternoon. Because I was so tired afterwards, I didn't really pay much attention and thought he'd just shaved his head again, going to bed as soon as was decently possible and being sound asleep by whatever time he came to bed.

He hasn't. He's bleached it using my sodding last pack of peroxide that I was intending upon using for babylights once the weather was a bit cooler. Don't get me wrong, it suits him, especially since the ageing Goth has inadvertently acquired a bit of a tan. The following (especially as you can't see the top of the head) might explain it where words fail me.

Rutger Hauer was the number #2 to the Arnie #1 in my teenaged 'Oh, I really like muscles' teenaged awakening.

It's certainly better than having a bleached grey rat tail, reversed or otherwise, though.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I get that her patron pays well but is it enough to sustain her pre sabbatical lifestyle. I mean if my husband whos self employed stopped working as much and we used my money sure we could probably feed ourselves and make bill payments but we wouldnt be able to keep up with our current lifestyle as we would have no spare cash.
Agree completely. I think the silence is cos she’s probably had to move back in with parents so doesn’t have #content to share that doesn’t raise questions. This is also the only reason I could imagine her justifying renting that aparthotel for 3-5 weeks. She earns a lot for very little but she’s always had a massive spending problem.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.