Jack Monroe #197 Site currently unavailable

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
The lingreenie is a classic. At first, I thought you were being hooting mendacious ninnies when describing it so I watched it for myself and couldn't believe the absolute shitshow.

The back constantly to camera, the tremulous voice, the clear lack of preparation, the utterly vile food, Eamonn's stoic face. I fizzed.

Although my favourite Jackism is the recipe for tomato soup where the main ingredient is a tin of shop bought tomato soup.

You really couldn't make it up.

• Haha
Reactions: 65
A recent one: to ICO squiggle

Can't possibly check my inbox as my laptop is 40miles away in a box.

- Jack uploads photo of herself at her teeny tiny desk with a blazer pocket full of pens and her.....laptop.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 80
Eamonn: ‘Hurry it along now, Jack.’

Jack: ‘You’re stressing me out, mate.’

Eamonn: ‘ 🗿

(This still cracks me up)
Honestly imagine saying that in work.

Boss: you know that thing that is your job?! You done yet?
Someone: " youre stressing me mate"

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
A personal favourite thread moment for me was Brenda's bangers (may they rest in peace).

That wonderful woman achieved the impossible, and made one of Jack's recipes look even worse than the original.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
Just heard on the radio that part 2 of the food strategy is to be published today (or maybe tomorrow). Written by friend of Jack’s, son of David and Josceline Dimbleby, ex student of Eton and a physics graduate of Oxford, and child actor, who co founded Leon with Jack’s ex fiancée Allegra, Henry Dimbleby. Who could be better placed to write such a document? Jack has told us many times that she worked on this document so I look forward to reading her contributions. Apparently it is expected to focus on eating less meat, so it seems to be a perfect time for coating chicken in crunchy nut cornflakes.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 54
Very moved by the coming together around the mural of Marcus Rashford after the racism of the day before.
The power of change that can come from people working and acting together and not trying up themselves.
And Jack STILL hasn't supported fulltimemeals.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 46
My favourite Monroe moment was when she posted on insta about how she'd given her bike away to someone in the street. And predictably along came the replies offering her money for a new one. Did she say, "no, mine was an act of charity, and I expect nothing in return from you or the universe?' No reader, she did not.

She replied, saying she'd get her PayPal details.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 72
Screenshot_20210714-082948.jpg

I love how Iggy Pop thoughtfully keeps tampons to hand in case any lady visitors find themselves caught short.

• Haha
Reactions: 54
(One of my) favourite Jackism’s - pescatarian bodybuilder who can benchpress the Queen

• Haha
Reactions: 53
Prince Charles has been talking about British farming ahead of the publication of the National Food Strategy.

Amongst the urgent call to support small farmers and turn our focus to farming that is kinder to the natural environment, the future king has high praise for some key players:

He says he is increasingly confident we can achieve a transition to more sustainable forms of agriculture and praises the efforts of high-profile figures including footballer Marcus Rashford, chef Jamie Oliver and Henry Dimbleby to improve the nation's food system from "field to fork".

No mention of our smol pixie 🥺 But she has been INSTRUMENTAL

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
The thing with the tampons in decoratieve pineapple is not that that's so strange or dumb. My feelings about it sit between mildly amused to indifferent. Store your training wherever you fancy.

It's the way she has to present it like something amazingly quirky and 'Wow, am I not amazingly fun?!'. Relax, it's just tampons in a pineapple shaped container, not a personality trait.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
The thing with the tampons in decoratieve pineapple is not that that's so strange or dumb. My feelings about it sit between mildly amused to indifferent. Store your training wherever you fancy.

It's the way she has to present it like something amazingly quirky and 'Wow, am I not amazingly fun?!'. Relax, it's just tampons in a pineapple shaped container, not a personality trait.
But why keep it in the lounge/dining room? Surely bathroom/bedroom more useful

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Prince Charles has been talking about British farming ahead of the publication of the National Food Strategy.

Amongst the urgent call to support small farmers and turn our focus to farming that is kinder to the natural environment, the future king has high praise for some key players:

He says he is increasingly confident we can achieve a transition to more sustainable forms of agriculture and praises the efforts of high-profile figures including footballer Marcus Rashford, chef Jamie Oliver and Henry Dimbleby to improve the nation's food system from "field to fork".

No mention of our smol pixie 🥺 But she has been INSTRUMENTAL
Interesting as we all see the outcomes of her corporate sponsorships so understand why not one single corp has gone back to book her again, with it sounding like this morning even terminated a running segment early for poor performance. I wonder what she did to the political set to be so utterly excluded? Although even at her peak she was just a little story featured amongst the grown ups’ report, they likely acknowledge they need a current user of the systems they’re writing about.

Same with the journos, at one point she was getting full on photoshoots with the guardian to accompany each and every article, and now she’s lucky if she gets to sell stories on AA meetings with them again?

Reactions: 32
Is this the video of them listening to Sleaford Mods? So brilliant. (JM, if you’re reading, Sleaford Mods are a contemporary electronic political band, FYI)
It is, I love it. I may become a bird person yet.

Why tampons in the living room/dining room and not in the bathroom is actually a really interesting question to mull over. It could be performative (I'm mad, me), it could be utter bollocks and completely made up, it could be 'evidence' of disorganisation. It could be more sinister in terms of hiding things in plain sight/'look at what I can get away with even though I'm an open book on social media'.

It speaks to Jack's need to have blingy expensive-looking clutter and the accompanying need to justify it - 'found it in a puddle/gift from a friend/actually quite practical because it's where I keep my essential hygiene products'. I think if I had a friend who did this I'd see it as quirky and a bit of fun. But when Jack does things like this, they just miss the mark and make me feel a bit discombobulated. It feels like there's always an ulterior motive. In this particular case I suppose it's like the cakes, isn't it? 🤢

• Sick
Reactions: 28
My favourite Monroe moment was when she posted on insta about how she'd given her bike away to someone in the street. And predictably along came the replies offering her money for a new one. Did she say, "no, mine was an act of charity, and I expect nothing in return from you or the universe?' No reader, she did not.

She replied, saying she'd get her PayPal details.
Not heard that one 😡 She also claims she can't really ride a bike properly either, so why does she need one in that case?

I can ride a bike, but I'm absolutely crap at it. Lots of scars to prove this too, so I avoid bicycles completely, and would 100% turn one down if offered one. Shows what a grasping, greedy little wotsit she is doesn't it? Taking money ostensibly for something she admits to not even being able to use very well.

Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.