Jack Monroe #197 Site currently unavailable

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not heard that one 😡 She also claims she can't really ride a bike properly either, so why does she need one in that case?

I can ride a bike, but I'm absolutely crap at it. Lots of scars to prove this too, so I avoid bicycles completely, and would 100% turn one down if offered one. Shows what a grasping, greedy little wotsit she is doesn't it? Taking money ostensibly for something she admits to not even being able to use very well.
Can't ride a bike, but owns one, then gives it away.
Can't drive a car, but owns one, then sells it.

Why buy this stuff in the first place if you can't use it? Jack just buys things, even though they are no good to her.

Reactions: 41
OT but tangentially related - after being gently bullied by Mr V I rode a bike the other day for the first time in 15 years. I’ve never been a confident rider (scared of cars on roads) but now with kids getting bikes feel I need to join in. And it was ok. I didn’t fall off. Quite proud of myself. Still not ever going on a road with traffic.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
But why keep it in the lounge/dining room? Surely bathroom/bedroom more useful
I always carry a sanitary towel in a little tin in my bag whether i need it or not incase someone needs it. Always have done. Reader this is not who i am though.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Very moved by the coming together around the mural of Marcus Rashford after the racism of the day before.
The power of change that can come from people working and acting together and not trying up themselves.
And Jack STILL hasn't supported fulltimemeals.
She should be ashamed of herself. Very quick to claim connections with him and post that video, claiming nothing but support for him, yet has shown not one word of support for his campaign, even though she's a so called poverty campaigner! She should be ashamed of herself but she won't be, because she's a disgustingly self centred narcissist.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Eamonn: ‘Hurry it along now, Jack.’

Jack: ‘You’re stressing me out, mate.’

Eamonn: ‘ 🗿’

(This still cracks me up)
Hang on…. Did she really say that? Re: ‘stress’. ON AIR! Despite being a professional lurker at this stage, I should’ve known better, but I always assumed this was a joke.
See, it’s this high level rudeness I just cannot understand.
Im dangerously close to getting a new job but I’ll miss being on this thread. I laugh so much im just scrolling…cackling saying ‘oh for fucks sake’ because the hooting is constant.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I think she may have thought she came across as cool/eccentric/hilarious around Marcus and the GQ crew but it landed more like Sue Pollard tribute act and she has latched on ever since. It could have been a good move if she hadn't made it all about her.
Or Ginny Lemon.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I am almost sure I imagined it because it was so completely bizarre, but didn't she once reply to a tweet in Swedish? 🤣 One of my favourite miniFacks

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Hang on…. Did she really say that? Re: ‘stress’. ON AIR! Despite being a professional lurker at this stage, I should’ve known better, but I always assumed this was a joke.
Im dangerously close to getting a new job but I’ll miss being on this thread. I laugh so much im just scrolling…cackling saying ‘oh for fucks sake’ because the hooting is constant.
I just looked up the video, she does indeed say it at 6.46 mins.

Ruth also tells her well done in a similar fashion to a disgruntled parent trying to get their toddler to put their shoes on.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Ruth also tells her well done in a similar fashion to a disgruntled parent trying to get their toddler to put their shoes on.
It sounded like a mother praising her child for having a poo in a potty to me.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
The cursed ones are my favourite
View attachment 662104
LJC 🤣
I always carry a sanitary towel in a little tin in my bag whether i need it or not incase someone needs it. Always have done. Reader this is not who i am though.
There is a lot to be said for stashing sanitary stuff, I keep a box in my car and my locker at work because this semi-regular occurrence still takes me by complete surprise every month despite having dealt with it for ~20 years now.

However Jack is Jack and lives in the 19/1850s so can imagine her fully pulling the 'teehee look at me with my masculine aesthetic and unruly labia' as she makes a huge thing about going over to the tampon pineapple on the coffee table in the middle of one of her afternoon teas or whatever and everyone just gets the bleeping vapours and she's outcast socially and put in the stocks in the town centre for having short hair AND being female.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
She really really said it 😂
The link to a post with the video link is here hare here. There’s nothing finer than the comedy cringe value of Ruth cajoling a difficult toddler and Eamonn’s stoic stony silence. Prepare to say goodbye to your grimace muscles.

(I’ll pop a link to the video in the wiki as well)

• Haha
Reactions: 35
To be a fly on the wall at This Morning's studios when that clip went out :ROFLMAO:

And Jack's recipe of 70g of pasta is under the lower limit of normal for a portion size (75-115g of dried pasta). "Serves one hungry person," yeah, they'll still be hungry.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
Having missed it at the time, I always thought it was called Lingreenie on here because people were being a bit salty, but oh my god, that’s actually what it’s called on the ITV site. Am FIZZING here!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Prince Charles has been talking about British farming ahead of the publication of the National Food Strategy.

Amongst the urgent call to support small farmers and turn our focus to farming that is kinder to the natural environment, the future king has high praise for some key players:

He says he is increasingly confident we can achieve a transition to more sustainable forms of agriculture and praises the efforts of high-profile figures including footballer Marcus Rashford, chef Jamie Oliver and Henry Dimbleby to improve the nation's food system from "field to fork".

No mention of our smol pixie 🥺 But she has been INSTRUMENTAL
Is that INSTRUMENTAL as in:
A. Playing the piano with a single claw.
B. Being onstage with Billy Bragg
C. Or is it the traditional folk song called (I kid you not) Jack Monroe. Link here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Monroe_(song)
D: Landslide

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
It sounded like a mother praising her child for having a poo in a potty to me.
Yep i get that. It remains to say that the well done wasnt meant as complete praise, more a acknowledgment that you managed to complete the most basic of tasks required.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
The lingreenie is a classic. At first, I thought you were being hooting mendacious ninnies when describing it so I watched it for myself and couldn't believe the absolute shitshow.

The back constantly to camera, the tremulous voice, the clear lack of preparation, the utterly vile food, Eamonn's stoic face. I fizzed.

Although my favourite Jackism is the recipe for tomato soup where the main ingredient is a tin of shop bought tomato soup.

You really couldn't make it up.
My favourite bit was when Ruth said 'well done!' In that voice that parents use when their child successfully uses a potty.

My favourite Monroe moment was when she posted on insta about how she'd given her bike away to someone in the street. And predictably along came the replies offering her money for a new one. Did she say, "no, mine was an act of charity, and I expect nothing in return from you or the universe?' No reader, she did not.

She replied, saying she'd get her PayPal details.
I thought she couldn't ride a bike because of roundabouts, or something.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.