Jack Monroe #197 Site currently unavailable

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just looked up the video, she does indeed say it at 6.46 mins.

Ruth also tells her well done in a similar fashion to a disgruntled parent trying to get their toddler to put their shoes on.
And the absolute oddness of Jack, when asked why she had put a kitchen in a shed, saying 'for social distancing purposes'. Which makes no sense at all. Obviously.
And the revelation SB was at his Dad's after her going on and on about being unsupported in lockdown and a single parent.

I always wonder when it was Eamonn, softly, gently, asked Jack when she would go into politics 😂
A rather kind way of saying 'er have you ever considered a different career?'

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Prince Charles has been talking about British farming ahead of the publication of the National Food Strategy.

Amongst the urgent call to support small farmers and turn our focus to farming that is kinder to the natural environment, the future king has high praise for some key players:

He says he is increasingly confident we can achieve a transition to more sustainable forms of agriculture and praises the efforts of high-profile figures including footballer Marcus Rashford, chef Jamie Oliver and Henry Dimbleby to improve the nation's food system from "field to fork".

No mention of our smol pixie 🥺 But she has been INSTRUMENTAL
Behind the scenes.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
What a lot of words just to say, “Cook the pasta”
It's actually just a snippet of how to cook pasta via this recipe.

It also called for tomatoes, which Jack didn't get from her local Nisa, and the bullet is named too, suspected ad I reckon too.

Reactions: 19
Just a tiny little Jack memory but one of the ones that sticks out for me is the cooking bacon. She made SB have it for every meal and they had such larks sorting through the scraps of bacon (or have i made that second but up)? If she wan’t stealing from the poor I think I’d quite enjoy her for comedy value.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
I've never actually read that lingreenie recipe. What the heck is this? Is she suggesting freezing the water you cooked your pasta in? Whyyyyyy?

Screenshot 2021-07-14 at 15.02.40.png

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
“Eight thousand A4 pages”

Wonder how much A4 she’s wasted now seeing as that was thread 11ish

• Haha
Reactions: 31
And the revelation SB was at his Dad's after her going on and on about being unsupported in lockdown and a single parent.
When Ruth is asking if her son likes cooking and Jack just carries on talking over her, Eamonn's face is a picture. Especially when Jack said "can you take the boy for a couple of days" followed by a forced giggle..

I've never actually read that lingreenie recipe. What the heck is this? Is she suggesting freezing the water you cooked your pasta in? Whyyyyyy?

View attachment 662513
Why not, she uses water she boils beetroot in "Thrice". 🤢

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Just a tiny little Jack memory but one of the ones that sticks out for me is the cooking bacon. She made SB have it for every meal and they had such larks sorting through the scraps of bacon (or have i made that second but up)? If she wan’t stealing from the poor I think I’d quite enjoy her for comedy value.
The slugging it to ASDA twice a day for the "£20 shop" and the resulting pitiful, grotesque "meals" for SB were the worst.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
Saw this on another thread. It’s thanks to our chief receipt retriever @Silver Linings and all the others who tirelessly capture the things destined for the Twitter deleted pile. Where would we be without the truth?!

44F3B916-A44F-4856-AD97-78ED081870B5.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
A personal favourite thread moment for me was Brenda's bangers (may they rest in peace).

That wonderful woman achieved the impossible, and made one of Jack's recipes look even worse than the original.
I effing loved that sausage saga - properly hooting. My waters had gone and I was in hospital at the time and every time I hooted I leaked out more of my waters. Think the image of those bangers has been burnt into my retinas forever more now.

Another favourite was the urban decay (insert high end make up brand, any will do as all interchangeable) black eye.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I effing loved that sausage saga - properly hooting. My waters had gone and I was in hospital and every time I hooted I leaked out more of my waters. Think the image of those bangers has been burnt into my retinas forever more now.

Another favourite was the urban decay (insert high end make up brand, any will do as all interchangeable) black eye.
The resulting trip to A&E to waste precious NHS resources during a pandemic 🙄

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.