Jack Monroe #197 Site currently unavailable

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She really really said it 😂
The link to a post with the video link is here hare here. There’s nothing finer than the comedy cringe value of Ruth cajoling a difficult toddler and Eamonn’s stoic stony silence. Prepare to say goodbye to your grimace muscles.

(I’ll pop a link to the video in the wiki as well)
When Jack says that the pasta is slightly undercooked and Ruth replied "we won't hold that against you" 😂😂😂 According to Jack, they did. Nothing to do with her being a truly TERRIBLE presenter with a squeaky voice like a teenage boy going through puberty 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 36
The link to a post with the video link is here hare here. There’s nothing finer than the comedy cringe value of Ruth cajoling a difficult toddler and Eamonn’s stoic stony silence. Prepare to say goodbye to your grimace muscles.

Eamonn heavily makes me cringe sometimes but the Easter Island thing absolutely kills me every time, the man's face says a thousand words

• Haha
Reactions: 30
To be a fly on the wall at This Morning's studios when that clip went out :ROFLMAO:

And Jack's recipe of 70g of pasta is under the lower limit of normal for a portion size (75-115g of dried pasta). "Serves one hungry person," yeah, they'll still be hungry.
I would think after one forkful of lingreenie I would suddenly not be hungry anymore.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
We're reminiscing?

Standouts for me are not being able to go to the studio at the start of DKL because of being severely immunocompromised, roasting garlic in a microwave, just happening to find her lost tile on the train floor ages later and the cooky lesson for Marcus when she utterly disregarded hygiene standards in the school kitchen. I think it was raw turkey mince was it? and she neither knew, nor cared, about the colour system for the cutting boards. Aah yes and when she was doing the £20 shops, how she had to treck to Asda twice every Sunday.

She absolutely baffles me.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Snap your spaghetti or linguine in half and pop it in. You can stick half in and wait for it to soften before nudging in the other half, which is the traditional method, but most of the time I just do this instead, as it’s less effort.

☝ Actual recipe method under the Lingreenie video. If only she took her own advice.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
The complete chaos that was trying to make a hack out of using a child’s debit card with a small limit to stop herself overspending, when then turned into incriminating herself in fraudulently obtaining said card (or stealing her sons) and having a meltdown in real time on twitters as she got called out and reported to Go Henry.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57

I have watched it again, hooting and squeaking. They showed a photograph on screen at 58 seconds from her book, the finished dish bears no resemblance to that photograph. Nothing like it at all. It couldn't have been further from what she cooked. But it still didn't look nice, even in the photograph.

Terrible.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Oh, and I also liked the bit where, for reasons I can’t quite recall, I walked round every room of my house, counting the chairs. That was an excellent day

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Snap your spaghetti or linguine in half and pop it in. You can stick half in and wait for it to soften before nudging in the other half, which is the traditional method, but most of the time I just do this instead, as it’s less effort.

☝ Actual recipe method under the Lingreenie video. If only she took her own advice.
What a lot of words just to say, “Cook the pasta”

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I'd just about repressed sausage toffee, I experience a lot of gross stuff in my line of work but that honestly gives me the boak

Oh, and I also liked the bit where, for reasons I can’t quite recall, I walked round every room of my house, counting the chairs. That was an excellent day
We were all in a fugue state that day I think. And the whole teeth thing too.

• Haha
  • Sick
The complete chaos that was trying to make a hack out of using a child’s debit card with a small limit to stop herself overspending, when then turned into incriminating herself in fraudulently obtaining said card (or stealing her sons) and having a meltdown in real time on twitters as she got called out and reported to Go Henry.
Omg this was the best of chaoses, the fact GoHenry had to get involved and kick her out their service 😂

She then tried a mini thread claiming that they need to look into their fraud as she’d been hacked? No hun you broke their ToS you truly did it to urself

• Haha
Reactions: 48

It was such a short segment, she should have had the dish made and set up, and used the time to make another (with ready cooked pasta...) while explaining perhaps her book and each stage

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.