Jack Monroe #197 Site currently unavailable

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m not a cat person… what is the issue with his nose? As I just see what I assume is freckles or different coloured fur.

She makes slow cooker stews during a heatwave ffs
TRIGGER WARNING - animal abuse
Isn’t it skin cancer? Wonder how the rabbit got on in the tin inferno.

• Sad
Reactions: 32
I’m not a cat person… what is the issue with his nose? As I just see what I assume is freckles or different coloured fur.

She makes slow cooker stews during a heatwave ffs
He has spots and what looks like scratches, older pics of him his nose isn't like that. Pink noses are like pink skin, they can get sun damage. He might have been fighting with brambly mice or a fox? I'd be getting him checked out though.

ETA I've had a much loved cat pass from nose cancer, my white dog always had puppy zinc on his ears and nose.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Empty containers, has she had a clear-out before the ICO raid her house for evidence?

Screenshot 2021-07-11 at 20.57.30.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
He has spots and what looks like scratches, older pics of him his nose isn't like that. Pink noses are like pink skin, they can get sun damage. He might have been fighting with brambly mice or a fox? I'd be getting him checked out though.
My ginger idiot cat was constantly fighting, taking on dogs, foxes, everything and needed antibiotics for cuts and puncture wounds about every 8 months, and a memorable stapling once. The tips of his ears would go very pink in summer, I used to force a teeny bit of sunscreen on him that he hopefully couldn't ingest, or keep him in with access to a cool pad if it was too hot out.

Here he is with a cut on his nose from fighting, as per usual, looking utterly affronted at being involved with slop even tangentially.
Screenshot_20210711-205706.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Listening to Desert Island Discs - Noel Fitzpatrick/Supervet and my CHRIST it’s something. He definitely wishes he was combining his magical vet skills with hamming it up on screen big time. As sad as it is to think about the poor kitten, we have been deprived of something extraordinary by not having him and Jack on the same screen. He is laughable but also, I do like his music choices and I know he is being genuine about caring for the animals so I am torn between derisive laughter and admiration for his “performance”.
Yep he’s an odd one - he even made a foray into acting at one point didn’t he, which I could never square with the vetting. And becoming a vet is incredibly difficult and requires many years of training, so at least (unlike Jack) he does genuinely have talent/abilities.
But definitely a bit of a showboater.

Reactions: 23
My ginger idiot cat was constantly fighting, taking on dogs, foxes, everything and needed antibiotics for cuts and puncture wounds about every 8 months, and a memorable stapling once. The tips of his ears would go very pink in summer, I used to force a teeny bit of sunscreen on him that he hopefully couldn't ingest, or keep him in with access to a cool pad if it was too hot out.

Here he is with a cut on his nose from fighting, as per usual, looking utterly affronted at being involved with slop even tangentially.
View attachment 658338
Awww! I love ginger bears. I hope J is reading along whilst watching the game, picking up some care tips.

• Heart
Yep he’s an odd one - he even made a foray into acting at one point didn’t he, which I could never square with the vetting. And becoming a vet is incredibly difficult and requires many years of training, so at least (unlike Jack) he does genuinely have talent/abilities.
But definitely a bit of a showboater.
Yes - hard agree. Being a vet, never mind a superlative one, is astoundingly difficult. Even more so than a doctor. He just comes across as someone who is always acting - entirely unbelievable. Hence me imagining our Jackie and Noel trying to out do each other for the cameras.

I recommend the episode to anyone who wants to roll an eye but also enjoy some good old fashioned rock. I listened for the choices as I know he is a die hard Download (ex Monsters of Rock) festival fan - goes in “disguise” so he can enjoy like a fan.

• Haha
I recognise the rug from a few months back - £350 from JL for the smallest size, and I think that's the £500 one.

Cat bed looks to be this one. https://www.wayfair.co.uk/Archie-and-Oscar--Fontaine-Cat-Tree-V112836843-L1116-K~U001725732.html But obviously Jack didn't buy it new it was 50p from a charity shop.
Anyone who has ever had cats knows the more you spend on something for them, the more likely they are to ignore it. We have four so bought a cat tree to accommodate them all and the bastards sat on the broken down pieces of the old one until we took it to the tip, and now there's some weird hierarchical thing going on with the new one and our idiot ragdoll got depressed for like a week because my little one took his place at the top of the tree. Cats are a trip.

Also I'm gutted I missed Wig Jack, she is legitimately an attractive person but some of these photos just make ya cringe.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
It's probably an old photo. I'm in a hot climate atm so may be out of touch but do people generally light a load of candles by the fireplace on an evening in July?
I hard agree, unless you can post a pic of Cooper with footie on in background, the cabal shan't believe it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Going back to the vegan stuff: was she really suggesting using crunchy nut cornflakes for a vegan recipe? Cos they are not vegan. Nor are regular cornflakes, for that matter.
Oh and Jack: take Cooper to the vet and get that nose checked out. It is concerning.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
She isn't watching is she? Not another tweet, nothing. Going to extra time and not a peep.

Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.