Jack Monroe #196 You know, I'm something of a poor myself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tedium again in the office, so took a deep dive into the Telegraph Archives of 2013. This bloke had her number way back in 2013. (Apologies for the teeny tiny font)

View attachment 652889
Brendan O’Neill is a bit of a prick so it’s somewhat disconcerting to see yet another brexity, Sun writing, vaguely homophobic stating the truth as I see it and agree with. Jesus - what a state we have come to.

Anyway - Football Jacks been back on Twitter this morning, Liking our boy Marcus Rashfords tweet about the footie. Still not giving Full Time Meals a boost though, to her 340k followers. Guess she is soooooo frantically busy working in the background, in secret, that she has forgotten to give it a push publicly.

Also liking the usual bollocks about ADHD such as the gem attached here. Now, if only teachers didn’t expect demonstration of a concept rather than just the answer, I am sure she would have been in line for a first at Oxford - or something. twit.

ETA - pics

Attachments

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 35
I notice that she never mentioned that anyone else was there while she was folding her laundry. The noise from the neighbours made her realise that a goal had been scored, not a shout from her son in the living room.
Well the bungelow is detached, so either the neighbours are really loud, or she’s not there

Reactions: 26
Ugh god, imagine watching a footie match with Jack, hope and pray he was with his dad.
No mention of bubble buddy/house guest/very close friend either, just the sound of the neighbours.

I think her son is now permanently residing at his father's. Just my opinion based on the evidence. I could be wrong, I often am.

Reactions: 38
Sorry to be a horrible fun sponge but football is my worst nightmare (Blame PE/Sports Day 🤮). A football match with Fack is beyond any eldritch terror I could possibly imagine.

Good luck today @MancBee sending many well wishes 🌷❤

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Brendan O’Neill is a bit of a prick so it’s somewhat disconcerting to see yet another brexity, Sun writing, vaguely homophobic stating the truth as I see it and agree with. Jesus - what a state we have come to.

Anyway - Football Jacks been back on Twitter this morning, Liking our boy Marcus Rashfords tweet about the footie. Still not giving Full Time Meals a boost though, to her 340k followers. Guess she is soooooo frantically busy working in the background, in secret, that she has forgotten to give it a push publicly.

Also liking the usual bollocks about ADHD such as the gem attached here. Now, if only teachers didn’t expect demonstration of a concept rather than just the answer, I am sure she would have been in line for a first at Oxford - or something. twit.

ETA - pics
I am finding more and more that I am a mixture of opinions person that does not sit on any side of the fence definitively. So I agree with most of what someone says and then really don’t and also I disagree vehemently with a lot of what someone else says and then they say something I agree with. Politics has really changed in a lot of ways, I can’t say that I am in complete agreement with any political party at the moment. Which is a limbo feeling. And doesn’t work with social media at all because you are either on the right side or the wrong side of any debate.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Football Jacks been back on Twitter this morning, Liking our boy Marcus Rashfords tweet about the footie. Still not giving Full Time Meals a boost though, to her 340k followers.
Come on, give her a break. To paraphrase Jack, "is there a time limit to tweet in support of Full Time Meals?"

At this rate she'll be drawing her pension before she tweets her support.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I am finding more and more that I am a mixture of opinions person that does not sit on any side of the fence definitively. So I agree with most of what someone says and then really don’t and also I disagree vehemently with a lot of what someone else says and then they say something I agree with. Politics has really changed in a lot of ways, I can’t say that I am in complete agreement with any political party at the moment. Which is a limbo feeling. And doesn’t work with social media at all because you are either on the right side or the wrong side of any debate.
I think it's just recognising that there is very seldom anything truly black or white about an issue. There's so many variables to take into account to form a balanced opinion really, which you don't always understand when you're younger.

Reactions: 26
I've always had a hunch that Jack's a deeply embedded recruiter for the right, it seems to be her main talent, swear to god she's a psyop or something 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
No mention of bubble buddy/house guest/very close friend either, just the sound of the neighbours.

I think her son is now permanently residing at his father's. Just my opinion based on the evidence. I could be wrong, I often am.
I think she would just keep saying " i know him" everytime Marcus Rashford came on the screen, whilst jumping up and down.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Come on, give her a break. To paraphrase Jack, "is there a time limit to tweet in support of Full Time Meals?"

At this rate she'll be drawing her pension before she tweets her support.
100% agree. I think she's with him every other weekend and it shows on her Twitter usage. Sunday's are Jackie fun days now!

(Good luck too! The hotel is nice and well located too, don't worry it's not a fancy folded underpants ApartHotel lolololol xxxxxx)

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I think you can’t be enjoying the football much if you go and do something else (says someone who hates football and was doing something else instead).

I have to say of all the thread titles this one gives me joy every time I say it and I read it out in a smarmy posh voice every time I read it, like Terry Thomas.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I think you can’t be enjoying the football much if you go and do something else (says someone who hates football and was doing something else instead).

I have to say of all the thread titles this one gives me joy every time I say it and I read it out in a smarmy posh voice every time I read it, like Terry Thomas.
It does have a certain voice to it doesn't it? We get some great titles here, I still get 'autistics, gays, difference and success' from 176 stuck in my head from time to time.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
@schmetterling . I hear you. The day I left school was the day I promised myself that I would never play another game of Rounders EVER. Well over 40 years ago now. Rather have my nose in a book. Never truly understood ball games xx

• Heart
Reactions: 25

yep. it's such a shame when most of the people writing negatively about jack are this sort. it's what makes people in general think that we're all bigots here. we need more stricklands + waddells!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
View attachment 652342I knew she would come back for the Kicky Ball! Called it on Sunday!
Wrong year mate 😂

ETA I read somewhere getting simple things wrong, like the date, is a influencer trick as it ups engagement as people point it out. But as Jack limits replies it is pointless. I think she just actually got the year wrong.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16

ETA - pics
I can't see those. Why can't I see them on her Twitter? Has she deleted them? Can you delete 'likes'?!!!!

Reactions: 10
I think you can’t be enjoying the football much if you go and do something else
Particularly something as boring as folding "underpants". What were the "underpants" doing in the Living Room anyway? They must have been there, otherwise, out of sight, out of mind, surely. Especially when you are watching (?) the kicky ball because your behind the scenes work colleague is a successful kicky ball player.

When I am watching something in the evening, I often get up from my chair to fold laundry, especially when that something only has a few minutes left to run (I don't). I would definitely watch a programme for 2 hours and get up and leave the room in the final few crucial minutes. (I wouldn't)

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Particularly something as boring as folding "underpants". What were the "underpants" doing in the Living Room anyway? They must have been there, otherwise, out of sight, out of mind, surely. Especially when you are watching (?) the kicky ball because your behind the scenes work colleague is a successful kicky ball player.

When I am watching something in the evening, I often get up from my chair to fold laundry, especially when that something only has a few minutes left to run (I don't). I would definitely watch a programme for 2 hours and get up and leave the room in the final few crucial minutes. (I wouldn't)
I couldn’t watch the last half of extra time - I have seen us throw it too many times and I couldn’t do penalties. Too stressed!

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.