Jack Monroe #196 You know, I'm something of a poor myself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gusset is up there with moist as just being revolting words. She knew what she was doing writing that 🤢

No other foodie person, apart from commando Gregg Wallace feels the need to discuss their underwear (or lack thereof) It's grim. Just say you were folding the laundry if you must say something!

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Gusset is up there with moist as just being revolting words. She knew what she was doing writing that 🤢

No other foodie person, apart from commando Gregg Wallace feels the need to discuss their underwear (or lack thereof) It's grim. Just say you were folding the laundry if you must say something!
She thinks she is Victoria Wood.

• Haha
Reactions: 26

I think she does it to be "one of the people" and show she's "common". To me, it just shows me that she isn't as she's doing what she THINKS "those people" do, not what they actually do. Pretty much like her recipes for food and users. I think she also sees people be successful being "real" (like Hurrah for Gin) and as Jackie does, wants to cash in with whatever will fund the sideboards pay the bills.

I am miles away from Jack's privilege and whilst I wouldn't shy away from being vulgar/rude with my friends, a) it isn't constant for a shock factor, it just comes out every now and then and b) I know when it is and isn't appropriate. I know which friends may or may not feel comfortable with it. I don't feel the need to announce it on a public twitter. Over and over again 🤷🏻‍♀️🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Yes please to this! I don’t know why but “unmentionables“ is such a funny word to me, and I’ve just realised these threads are full of literal unmentionables already, like cheap wet ham

Also that tweet would read like this...

Literally left the room for ten seconds to put my clean unmentionables away and England equalised it while I was folding my unmentionables all neat like an Instagram mum.”
That last bit just reminds me of the
unruly labia

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
Tedium again in the office, so took a deep dive into the Telegraph Archives of 2013. This bloke had her number way back in 2013. (Apologies for the teeny tiny font)

Telegraph.JPG

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
Jack had to call them underpants didn't she? She does my bloody head in. We have all seen her controlwear granny undergarments, they are definitely not underpants. Now I have got an image of Jack in tightey whitey Calin Klein Y fronts. She only does designer, don't ya know. 🤢 🤮

I am off to that there London today ready for my procedure tomorrow. Did I choose to stay in a fancy East London aparthotel? No I got a great deal at a Premier Inn in Hammersmith for £40 a night. On the internet it looks a bit basic, but it is what I can afford.

Actually my partner is paying and he did say stay wherever I want, but this is clean, convenient, and why pay more? I wouldn't feel right squandering other peoples money on unnecessary extravagances. Unlike Jack, who clearly has no shame about spending other peoples money with abandon.

• Heart
Reactions: 81
Jack had to call them underpants didn't she? She does my bloody head in. We have all seen her controlwear granny undergarments, they are definitely not underpants. Now I have got an image of Jack in tightey whitey Calin Klein Y fronts. She only does designer, don't ya know. 🤢 🤮

I am off to that there London today ready for my procedure tomorrow. Did I choose to stay in a fancy East London aparthotel? No I got a great deal at a Premier Inn in Hammersmith for £40 a night. On the internet it looks a bit basic, but it is what I can afford.

Actually my partner is paying and he did say stay wherever I want, but this is clean, convenient, and why pay more? I wouldn't feel right squandering other peoples money on unnecessary extravagances. Unlike Jack, who clearly has no shame about spending other peoples money with abandon.
Good luck tomorrow @MancBee

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Her use of 'gusset' is very middle class. I think she's actually quite prudish at heart. She thinks owning a variety of dildos somehow marks her out as daring ffs.

• Haha
Reactions: 30

Premier Inns are the absolute nuts I think. They're always in nice and easy locations and clean and comfortable. Why pay more?

That Telegraph article sums her up perfectly. She is a guardian reader's idea of what a poor person should be if only they weren't so dreadfully thick.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Her use of 'gusset' is very middle class. I think she's actually quite prudish at heart. She thinks owning a variety of dildos somehow marks her out as daring ffs.
She thinks having tattoos and short hair is SO edgy that old ladies stop to stare in the street, like it's the 1950s. So I guess mentioning gussets and her dildo collection, in her mind, makes her some kind of bohemian, modern-day Anais Nin.

I like Premier Inns too! They have the comfiest beds and there's no bullshit like hipster artworks that say "wIthOut teH RaiN therEd bE No raInBoWs" or some nonsense that would get my blood pressure up.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I hope everything goes well @MancBee

She really is. The weird obsession with 'white trash', thinking tattoos, undercuts, lesbianism, and being a single parent are edgy marks her out so much as a pearl clutcher for all her claims of being well 'ard

• Heart
Reactions: 28
The underpants chat is so embarrassing.

Hope all goes well @MancBee. X

We’re flying on Monday and have to do the hotel quarantine (don’t get me started!) you don’t find out where you are going until the last minute, so I’m hoping for a smeg in an aparthotel. There had better be a chaos to fill the 11 days in prison.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Another article from the Telegraph, this time December 2018. cringe worthy stuff, but these a re my faves:

Tel 1.JPG

then

Tel 2.JPG

and finally

Tel 3.JPG

Yuk

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 42

That is a great deal for Hammersmith. Premier Inns are clean, they are dependable the beds are usually comfortable and you know what you will get. I’ve stayed in more expensive hotels that aren’t as comfy as the premier inn because of being in old fancy buildings that can’t be altered adequately. I heart premier inns.
Hope it goes well.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Good lick manc bee.

Gusset just makes me think of wiffy pants. :sick:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
I notice that she never mentioned that anyone else was there while she was folding her laundry. The noise from the neighbours made her realise that a goal had been scored, not a shout from her son in the living room.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I notice that she never mentioned that anyone else was there while she was folding her laundry. The noise from the neighbours made her realise that a goal had been scored, not a shout from her son in the living room.
Ugh god, imagine watching a footie match with Jack, hope and pray he was with his dad.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.