Jack Monroe #196 You know, I'm something of a poor myself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She'd be hard pushed to be outraged about that when, according to her, £20 can feed a family of three for a whole week.
with lashings of leftovers (empty foil containers?) to go in the 3 freezers

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I expect her site is down so she can cleanse it of lies, evidence that HMRC might be interested in, and libel.
This is a vvvv good point. She’s definitely getting a fine for not being registered with the ICO that varies between £400-4,000 (no guidelines available online as to how this is decided, but considering they band subscription fees dependent on turnover would imagine that to be the case?) but surely they’d look down on deleting the site (and evidence that she collects emails for a mailing list)?

Tbh she’s carried on absolutely disgracefully for years with no repercussions so not surprised !

• Wow
Reactions: 47
I expect her site is down so she can cleanse it of lies, evidence that HMRC might be interested in, and libel.
Her absence is almost certainly because of this, or something similar. Probably the Go Henry? Or the Squiggle who wanted her data back?
Something or someone has shaken her and she's actually had to have a deep clean of her audit trail. Not only has Not Jack not posted, neither has the account on Twitter I suspect to be a sock.
Let us all hope she learns a lesson and mends her ways.
Yeah, right 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: 49
Im also wondering if journalists have started sniffing around and she's got the mistaken idea that taking her site down will make their investigation harder.

• Wow
Reactions: 36
with lashings of leftovers (empty foil containers?) to go in the 3 freezers
I associate monroe and freezers now with excrement, thanks to that brilliant video. 3 of them full of it.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
Or the Squiggle who wanted her data back?
Sorry posting so much but this has the potential to be ruinous for Jack tbh, almost can’t believe it’s happened it’s that bad. The standard fine for not being ICO registered isn’t great but tbh, it’s all new and she is a small entity so I imagine they’ll be forgiving and it’ll be a few grand at most. If the squiggle has all the receipts from the original email through to the way she was spoken to I think it’ll be truly disastrous for Jack, possibly on a level with Hopkins. The academic fraus have said far better about how fucked up and unethical it is how she collects people’s tales of woe & abandons them, when the ICO look into how this data is stored, the fact it’s kept needlessly lying about disparate email accounts she “can’t remember the password to” with no intent for it they’ll be horrified.

In a ~professional~ context we’ve had hard drives *physically* destroyed like shredded for significantly less than that having been put on them at a point in time.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
I am sure that in the background of some photos she posted that there were ring binders labelled *Patreons* . What information was kept in there ?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I am sure that in the background of some photos she posted that there were ring binders labelled *Patreons* . What information was kept in there ?

I think the pale blue one on the top shelf states 'Patreon Backers'. With her chaotic life and possible house flee move, I would be horrified to be one. 😬

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Thank you, Thunder that’s what I was trying to remember ! Does anyone know if the ICO folks are aware of what she’s posted ? Pictures, babble about unopened emails, etc . Surely they will have looked here ? Cos there are constant deletions of what she shares online.

Reactions: 27
She's up slop creek without a spatula, isn't she?
THREAD TITLE NOMINATION

Sorry posting so much but this has the potential to be ruinous for Jack tbh, almost can’t believe it’s happened it’s that bad. The standard fine for not being ICO registered isn’t great but tbh, it’s all new and she is a small entity so I imagine they’ll be forgiving and it’ll be a few grand at most. If the squiggle has all the receipts from the original email through to the way she was spoken to I think it’ll be truly disastrous for Jack, possibly on a level with Hopkins. The academic fraus have said far better about how fucked up and unethical it is how she collects people’s tales of woe & abandons them, when the ICO look into how this data is stored, the fact it’s kept needlessly lying about disparate email accounts she “can’t remember the password to” with no intent for it they’ll be horrified.

In a ~professional~ context we’ve had hard drives *physically* destroyed like shredded for significantly less than that having been put on them at a point in time.
If I have to be stringent about the miniscule personal data I collect because our Finance Officer is worried of any repercussions, having peoples names, stories, contact details and also payment info for Patreons just lying about will be taken seriously. Our FO doesn't needlessly worry herself with anything - but takes our legal and moral obligations very seriously cos y'know, just the small effect we might have ON VULNERABLE PEOPLES LIVES

• Heart
Reactions: 58
In my opinion (but don’t know if the powers that be would agree), there is a world of difference between sensitive information on benefits, tax allowances, housing costs, HMRC claims etc, than there is if you are just popping up rotas on a wall with peoples phone numbers on (an example I use because in my training we weren’t even allowed to do that - I think the rule was first name, second name initial and allocated shifts).

If you actively canvass peoples most heart wrenching stories that also happen to contain, for example, copies of benefit decisions, bank statements showing payments received and the gaps between them, or any number of details that gives credence to a story of government related woe, then it HAS to be taken more seriously, you would think. When I reflect on just one WTC decision letter, it has my NI number, my kids full names and DOB, usually my bank it’s getting paid into, my address (obviously). It’s a literal goldmine for identity theft in one letter.

Personally, I would be more bothered that I had used my time and emotional energy to impart such difficult information, in the hope it might make a difference to future claimants. So, morally, Jack just blowing it all off for another crappy book with a pov cosplay intro followed by at least 50% rehashed recipes, is absolutely the pits.

ETA - that’s without considering extreme vulnerability such as women fleeing domestic violence or being rehoused into safe houses etc, or coming out of the care system as adults and needing extra support. Those needing immediate help from both benefit systems and charitable organisations - the latter of which often have to step in when the benefit system fails them. Which I would bet my house some have been in touch with her.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Her absence is almost certainly because of this, or something similar. Probably the Go Henry? Or the Squiggle who wanted her data back?
Something or someone has shaken her and she's actually had to have a deep clean of her audit trail. Not only has Not Jack not posted, neither has the account on Twitter I suspect to be a sock.
Let us all hope she learns a lesson and mends her ways.
Yeah, right 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Which one is the Twitter 🧦?

Reactions: 13
I think the pale blue one on the top shelf states 'Patreon Backers'. With her chaotic life and possible house flee move, I would be horrified to be one. 😬

Everything is so performative with Jack. It's a deliberate cry for attention, every time. This photo is just another example. So contrived and set up that she wants you to focus on the nonsense she's set up in the background.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

Agreed.
I'm not sure of the fines but I do know we were heavily threatened and warned to delete EVERYTHING once we'd used the information. Everything had to be logged, protected and then destroyed.
My boss put it in very simple terms. Basically, if you duck up it is instant dismissal, then they would throw us to the mercy of the auditors with a possible criminal conviction. Then the company would probably sue us for dragging them into it.
Scary stuff.

Probably ended up in a skip

Which one is the Twitter 🧦?
Am reluctant to say as not 100% sure is her.
Also, and more importantly, because she reads here she'll know we're on to her and jump ship like she did with the Peeky Mink one.
It isn't very exciting. Lots of cattos and floof s etc. Nothing radical!
It follows robot fedora man as well as some of the same accounts as Not Jack.

Last edited:
Reactions: 28
Fat lot of good that'll be when all the receipts are here. I think that @MancBee said that HMRC were aware of Tattle receipts so I expect that the ICO will be the same.

Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.