Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
Jack writes the column for the Breakdown right after posting the patreons their weekly thrifty shades of beige postcards 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 49
'Very beautiful but old and more than slightly rotten' is my new Tinder bio. Despite her fire service training she seems to actively be making her home more flammable, like when she put all those rolls of paper in her kitchen and distributed slow cookers throughout the house. She even turned a perfectly serviceable shed into an enormous fire hazard and was using various appliances that get hot when they were stacked up over head height. Honestly I'm surprised she has to keep inventing injuries and hasn't sustained any real ones yet.

• Haha
Reactions: 49

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
Doesn't Neal's Yard have a dodgy MLM arm?

In Jack's absence I read the PTWM wiki this morning. Good grief!! Why are there so many of these people?!! And with such followings? So many of the wikis basically tell the same story. It's really depressing how prevalent it is.

I've managed to maintain an almost daily Yoga practice since the beginning of the year. I feel so great that I've managed to keep it up and am definitely stronger and have pretty good balance now. I can even do a headstand! I haven't been bragging about it on social media though because that's not really the point is it. I can take or leave some of the yoga speak though
That’s the real tragedy and in particularly the case of PTWM, lots of people were not only taken in by what was being said, but they parted with hard earned cash too. A more escalated travesty than Jack’s patreons but it amounts to a lot of people giving money to what they think are their definition of a good cause and it never making it there.

I’m so glad I’m in my 40s now because I know 15-20 years ago I would have bought into the whole influencer thing. I was already dreadful with money and had a chronic lack of self-esteem so I would’ve spent hours thinking these people had the perfect life whilst buying anything and everything I thought would help me get what they had

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 48

Droosie123

VIP Member
I'm still thinking she is in some kind of legal trouble and her media silence is down to that. Addiction (even to Twitter) will form some kind of MH defence.

Meanwhile her phone use is likely being monitored by whoever is treating her.

I'm relieved we have media silence, no grifting going on while this is in place.

MancBee

VIP Member
By the way, I had a good night's sleep last night. Thankfully Jack's lack of sexual allure or sensuality didn't cause me any concern.

I would say though, she may have managed to get engaged to numerous women, but she couldn't sustain the relationships. We have all had failed relationships in the past, but Jack's churn rate is a bit much. It is almost as if they drop her like a hot brick (or peach drizzle cake) as soon as they get to know her.

Also, she is also not 20 anymore. The cute, giggly, awkward, gawky ever changing image is not quite as easy to pull off when you are approaching middle age with a grown up son. It isn't an attractive trait in your mid 30's to be so superficial and contrived, especially in such an amateurish way. I don't think engagement 5 will be as easy to come by, especially from the social circles she aspires to.

• Heart

DisgruntledGoat

VIP Member

I see that Jack has made it onto the Pride Power List. Alas, sugar mummy Linda couldn’t be bothered to spell her name correctly.

I’ll admit that I had a mean little laugh that she’s ranked below performative queer in distinctly heterosexual relationship, Jameela Jamil.

• Haha

onlysunshine

Do you know what Cabal, I'm actually quite despondent today. It really has piqued my interest. I know why some of you dear hearts prefer her being away, you are an intelligent and witty bunch who have furthered my critical thinking and provided some much needed relief from real life chaos on multiple ocassions.

But SOMETHING (or SOMEONE) has to be making her stay away. The following has been discussed with no candyman effect whatsoever:
- SB's living arrangements
- where she is
- what treatment she may require
- Slopbot released another pure banger
- her extensive fire service contributions
- Prue's new Hellmans-sponsored show

And she has stayed silent. I'm starting to doubt (a tiny weeny bit) our powers 😂

I get that it fits with the treatment/being away narrative... but how many times has she been away and never actually left!? How many times - even in pretty recent history - has she referred to something from these threads within her tweets which proves she stays up to date with her grunking? How many times has it taken even the smallest iota of a thought expressed on Twitter for her to go in, flying monkeys blazing, without a thought of what might *actually* be happening? We have PROOF she has no self control.

I also get that therapy/counselling can be pretty transformative... I'm proof of that. But it wasn't an overnight thing. It was gradual, considered, meaningful change. What we have seen when she has decided to post isn't necessarily that so there must be some physical detachment from the phone enforced by someone else. Is she alone in that aparthotel? Who actually has the power to make her change her habits of a lifetime with social media? I don't think our dear LJC would be that person or we would have lived a fairly chaos free 2021.

While I'm here, if that person is reading here can you please do my mate @Into_the_tunnel a solid and publish Jack's granola recipe. Ta.

• Haha
  • Heart

Emmapism

VIP Member
I actively avoid companies that engage heavily with influencers. Isle of Wight tomatoes springs to mind along with those awful Lucy and Yuk jumpsuits. I am still recovering from the sea of gifted paeonies on Insta last year.
Same. I make a mental note of the venues and companies that use influencers and I don't give them my custom.

I unfollowed an Insta couple recently who said they had reached out to a company asking for free hiking boots in exchange for pictures/promo. If you want some new hiking boots.....buy some new hiking boots.

Then maybe ask the brand if you can offer a discount code that you get some commission on. At least then you've spent some money yourself ON THE THING YOU WANTED.

• Heart

FlashBoof

VIP Member
On the continued subject of grifting...

Grifter Gladwell has over 30k followers on her twitter and the breakdown advertorial (certainly not a magazine when it’s latest tweets are shilling for CBD lubes and plant based food competitions that no doubt come from her PR company) has 11k followers. Guess what though. The scoundrel has flipped her personal account to private so the glamping holiday will get even less reach now. Shameless. And - frankly, more fool the camping company that threw her the bone to begin with.

Also - Hi Hattie. It’s clear you have caught up here. Just know, we fucking see you. Really not keen on your shit being exposed for what it is, are you. You are no better than Jack and I hope every minute of your #gifted holiday sucks the big one.

Anyway - still glad Jackie is absent. Hope the cat and the rabbit and the kid are ok. Indifferent entirely about Jacks well-being. She deserves everything she has coming to her.

As an aside, you can do wonders with a Kallax, a set of legs, and some imagination, if you want a good, practical and useful sideboard on the cheap. Ikea hacks on the internet can make Cotswolds look like the boring, mundane, middle class ick that they are. At a considerable saving too!

• Heart

Mr Krabs

VIP Member
I booked a hotel stay recently our first since last summer. I sourced it and booked it the old fashioned way.

I typed hotel deals into Google for certain dates and a certain price, in a certain place and hey presto. Hotel booked. No crappy influencer opinions needed.
But my mental health prevents me from using Google, entering my credit card details, or staying in hotels below a 4 star. Any of these things will cause an immediate relapse of my depression.

I can, however, spend 20 hours a day on Twitter.

• Haha
  • Heart

ScamSandwich

Chatty Member
Adding to all the previous cabal analysis, especially @MancBee :

Imagine suffering from depression (first hand experience) and being given Letdown Magazine by someone. This would have actually worsened my situation, it is a slap in the face.

I am waiting for advice like: dance as if nobody is watching !

Often 'remedies' in those kind of magazine are simply of a commercial nature, like taking a trip with the girls, getting pampered in a spa. It trivialises depression and portrays depression in a way that makes it socially acceptable and easily manageable.
A bit like an attractive instagramer doing a confessional "here I am showing my unattractive toe" showing a normal toe.

• Heart
  • Sad
Looks as if the book may actually have some content in it now.

9EBECD35-88F6-4667-B022-37F4175B5C29.jpeg

sending lots of love @MancBee - the NHS has world leading cancer experts & surgeons so you’ll be looked after so so well my love, but thinking of you xx

• Heart
Reactions: 47

Universal

Chatty Member
One thing is for sure. once she is out the other side and back on social media she will use whatever this experience has been to her financial advantage and sell/monetise her story and hail herself the guru of the lived experience.

She has not actually been off twitter that long; only a few weeks but in cabal time I lose all sense of perspective!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47