Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
I think her brand is truly dead tbh.
I think the absolutely TERRIBLE example of the pages of her newest book (with the plughole hair and rusty tins with holes in them) confirms this, if nothing else. Perhaps her long-suffering publisher has finally had enough. Still can't believe she shared that on twitter, apparently with pride? Beggars belief.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46

Lanie

VIP Member
That song by Toploader is the epitome of everyone being out there having a good time, just what you need when you're stuck in your depression pit, not having any sort of good time 🙄🙄🙄.

My concentration span was appalling when I was depressed and listening to music and reading, aka my two favourite things, were impossible.

The editorial values for the comic my class made in primary school were higher than the Hattler's. Women selling each other 'wellness' crap in boxes, newsletters and webinars is the new MLM.
The listening to uplifting shit is complete bull shit. I have had depression and sticking on something like here comes the sun does fuck all but irritate you more because you feel so shit.

I barely listened to music when i felt down my brain just couldnt deal with they noise.

• Heart

Vanelope

VIP Member
Looks like the Gladwell Grift has paid off with a 5 night stay at some £125 a night glamping place. Can’t wait for the review.
Is glamping totally suitable for someone with her health issues where an actual room with en suite would be preferable? (I recall mention of internal issues that make leaving the house difficult).

• Heart

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
The more I learn about the Breakdown the more I don’t blame Jack for staying the hell away (she should never have accepted the position of writing monthly for them though).

As an actual severe depressive* and music lover I couldn’t resist checking out that list. Here it is if anyone else is curious, so we don’t give them the clicks. I’m shocked that a certain cover of Landslide isn’t included.

(*edited to add. I’m not mentioning the depression thing in a sad-fishing way, I just love that it gives me a legitimate reason/perspective to dismiss everything Hat*ies’s magazine is about 🤣).

View attachment 635174

View attachment 635175
View attachment 635176
I love music, mostly have it on in the background when I’m at home. But…if I’m feeling depressed I never say “Alexa, play me ‘Can’t Stop the Feeling’. As that will right all my wrongs. It’ll tell my brain that I’m a good person, I’m a good mother and I don’t have to be a stress head”.

Someone should tell the NHS about this. It’s a game changer.

• Haha
  • Heart
I will add my story to the Tony and Guy wall of woe.
When they opened in Manchester mid 90's I thought I would treat myself and told them to just give me something that they thought would suit. I had no style in mind, I went in with collar length hair and gave them a free rein. Big mistake.

I came away with an undercut at the back, covered by a slick asymmetric bob with "I love Cilla Black" longer points at the front with a "choppy" fringe. It was an abomination. Only myself to blame. Worst haircut I have ever had, and believe me, I have had all sorts.

One friend said "It will look alright when you wash it and put a hat on". My mates made so much fun of me I had a No1 all over within a week.

Jack's looks very similar. Undercuts were old hat by the end of the 90's, hardly edgy and cool 25+ years later. To quote Matt of the Forearms, her haircut is "Terrible".
Toni and Guy in Manchester were known for being utterly c-rap. I remember them trying to sign up students to some "special offer" that was basically "you can have a haircut on the third wednesday in March at 8.30 am and you'll be expected to use Janine who has verrucas and thinks she's Cliff Richard's love child".....

• Haha

MooBelle

VIP Member
Uh oh.
Matt has two guest chefs on Saturday Kitchen.
One is doing pineapple and chicken.
One is doing a Greek dish.
Jack be fewmin.

• Haha

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
Joe Le Taxi was the wildest. Big Jack energy. I would vote Joe as “most likely to be Papa” just dropping by to hang out in the canal like

• Haha
Reactions: 45

Misbehaving

VIP Member
Thanks for the kind words, I know that they are truly meant, and they do help.

During my night of limited sleep last night (mind all over the place) my thoughts kept returning to Jack for some odd reason.

I can see that Jack is attractive, some might say pretty and she is photogenic albeit partially the results of photoshop. However she has zero sex appeal. She just isn't sexy at all. I don't know what makes someone attractive, desirable, sultry or alluring, but some people just are.

I have said before on here, I am not what you would call handsome, good looking or photogenic, but I seem to have that spark that people find sexy. I have no idea why. There are loads of stories, It became a bit of a joke with my friends (Christ we've only been in here 5 minutes, that sort of thing), but they would be far too off topic. 😂:eek:

I just kept going round and round trying to make sense of why she is so unsexy, what makes her so unappealing and without any sensuality. She is not raunchy in any way even when she tries to be sexy it comes across as yucky, or gauche darling (granny pants anyone)............ Well at least it kept me occupied. 😂😂
I think it's because she is inauthentic but you are the real deal that's a huge difference.
You are interesting clever and humane and that's attractive that's magnetic.
Sometimes in life we can become cynical why is it always the grifters and manipulators that seem to win but that's not true is it?
People that radiate humour and warmth and goodwill towards others will always ultimately be recognised and you are one of those people.
If their is any justice in the world this will stand you in good stead in the difficult days ahead.
I wish you well.

• Heart

ScamSandwich

Chatty Member
View attachment 628301I thought Jack had invaded the BBC good food Facebook group with that comment! And I’m baffled at the idea of putting clotted cream in a curry as the first suggestion!
Evening, cabal! I am a bit quiet these days because BUSY and I don't miss JM but am still staying for the expertise and humour and artistic talent of the sad Hausfrauen!
Mentioning sad- it never ceases to amaze me why on earth someone would go on a website and ask what they can do with a small amount of a leftover packaged food item. I am practically screaming with laughter that the woman and hubby can't eat that many scones and that they have made an effort to write to the BBC website to make use of O N E tub of clotted cream.
Bung it in the freezer or google or give it away.
Jesus Lord Compton on a bike !!!

• Haha