Jack Monroe #194 She only came back cos we were about to put out an album

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
so this is the "ultimate" lasagne as opposed to the horse spunk one or the fish finger and leek one? how can anyone, let alone a "food writer" keep getting lasagne so wrong??

I'm not sure that lasagne should be so ~sturdy~ that a knife stands up in it?!

View attachment 619336

as an aside, the first time mr kcc came for tea, I made lasagne (with proper ragu and bechemel) and just look at us now!

eta. obv no shade to veggies and vegans. I do believe there are better substitutes than grated mushrooms and equine-style emissions
Even the kitchen tiles are employed as part of PerformanceJack . Scrawling on tiles like a maverick toddler is not edgy, trendy or anything someone would want to copy.

I wish she would grow up.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
"I am a decent person". The way Jack has such a rock solid certainty of her own good character always gives me the hoots.

Off topic:. I was in an underpass in Jack's second home today, and saw damning graffiti in huge spray painty letters:. "Darren Blair is a Goth". The....mildness of it made me laugh.
I've been crying over this, just hilarious. My favourite ever underpass graffiti that reminds me of Jack- 'There is no emoji for existential angst'. Right next to 'Asmi is a fat bleep!'. Not sure if related 🙃

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
Even the kitchen tiles are employed as part of PerformanceJack . Scrawling on tiles like a maverick toddler is not edgy, trendy or anything someone would want to copy.

The scribbling just makes it look like someone is having a psychotic breakdown a la A Beautiful Mind.

My favourite graffiti was ‘Eat the poor’. I would love some context to that one.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
The scribbling just makes it look like someone is having a psychotic breakdown a la A Beautiful Mind.

My favourite graffiti was ‘Eat the poor’. I would love some context to that one.
Surely you'd prefer to Eat the Rich? (It's a film title and Motörhead song).

I think poor people would be awfully stringy and gamey what with all the stress and budget food. You'd want one plump and brandy-fed, no?

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I wonder if Rob zombie will feature some of the lasagne in his next movie.

House of 1000 dried lasanges?

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Unfortunately the smol ghoul is only a hop, skip and a shin kick away on a train from Lahnden Tahn, where the media is.
If Grenfell had happened in Middlesbrough there wouldn’t have been any visit.
Didn’t see them hopping over to NI when Lyra McKee was murdered.
She’s still over 2 hours away from west which makes it all the more ghoulish tbh, idk how much her train costs but I’d imagine over £20 plus the tube 🥴

I watched it happening live on the news during the night and by the time I’d woken up the next morning they’d said how they were over run with volunteers / the volunteers were on the news saying there’s no one left to help. Considering Jackie’s up at 11am she’d have gotten there gone 1, which means her press trip for one was absolutely pointless 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 41
  • Sad
"I am a decent person". The way Jack has such a rock solid certainty of her own good character always gives me the hoots.

Off topic:. I was in an underpass in Jack's second home today, and saw damning graffiti in huge spray painty letters:. "Darren Blair is a Goth". The....mildness of it made me laugh.
Do you think Darren saw that and nodded through his heavy fringe ‘why yes, yes I am’

I’ve been doing exactly the same. Didn’t even know who she was but am now obsessed.
Nikki Grahame (RIP) ‘who is she?’ vibes. Her poor kids - I hope they are being taken care of - but the thread is insane.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
She was apparently asking for and or pouring over plans of the building. Although how she got access to them was never explained. It didn’t happen.
It’s the same thing with the school rants she had a few weeks ago - I have a real issue with her finally being invited to see the school after ranting off about it ( clearly it’s never happened !) under what authority is her approval required ! She doesn’t work in education social services health services local government 🤷‍♀️ If I was a parent of a child at that school I would kick up a fuss

• Heart

And then she complains that her son has been scribbling on the walls. Where did he learn that, I wonder...

• Haha
Reactions: 46
And then she complains that her son has been scribbling on the walls. Where did he learn that, I wonder...
Every time I see that (I am sure she has done it in other places too) I think of how grubby and stained her grout will get - there is no way you can get all that pen off without missing all of the grout. Didn’t she ask for help in cleaning grout a few months ago?...something about “NOT grout pens coz they are crap” and lots of “done it, not worked” replies. It’s no wonder, really. Dirty mare.

I wonder why she hasn’t advertised her jab yet. Perhaps she is holding out for a GB News slot. There can’t be many places left that would have her. And it’s only a hop and a skip from writing in the Express to popping up there. She must have had at least the first shot by now as both my kids are booked in/had it and they are under 30. And, it’s quite the engagement tactic, to get a pic of you getting the jab - or even of the little blue card with your details on. I have seen dozens by blue tickers shared into my timeline.

Reactions: 33
Jack'll be keeping quiet about getting the vaccine, because to say she got it now would destroy all her tales of being immunocompromised, therefore a priority, and vaccinated weeks ago.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Jack'll be keeping quiet about getting the vaccine, because to say she got it now would destroy all her tales of being immunocompromised, therefore a priority, and vaccinated weeks ago.
Plus it might give away her age #1978truther

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
She must have had her first one by now, i’m a couple of years younger and have mine this week. There's no way she would have kept quiet if she was genuinely immune compromised after the fuss she's made about corona since before lockdown 1 was announced. So sly!

• Angry
Reactions: 34
I am wondering about what happens if you don't file with companies house and have claimed furlough??

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.