Jack Monroe #194 She only came back cos we were about to put out an album

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There’s a mural of him in Southend High street. Whenever I see it I wonder where the mural of Southend’s very own smol pixie is 🥺🥺
Omg do they not know she asked Twitter to buy full price book sales chart eligible copies of her books to donate to the poorsTM?

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 40
Omg do they not know she asked Twitter to buy full price book sales chart eligible copies of her books to donate to the poorsTM?
Don't forget she once donated three boxes of tinned goods to a food bank with her name on and definitely sent the monitised income from her BLM video to a charity.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Don't forget she once donated three boxes of tinned goods to a food bank with her name on and definitely sent her monitised income from her BLM video to a charity.
I'm sure her various charities had a bumper year last year, what with the cut from everything she writes DEFINITELY going towards them.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 37
One of the things I really dislike about Jack is her lack of support and generosity towards her peers. She laps up their praise and revels in their retweets of her work but never retweets theirs. It's extremely telling.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 75
Little reminder for everyone old and new!

Jack spoke about donating to BLM last year (no evidence of this) and she spoke about donating the fees from all of the TV appearance she made and articles she wrote around the school food boxes/Free School Meals campaign.

She never said how much money she had raised from all of the jobs she got off the back of it and never mentioned what was donated and to where.

Not long afterwards she tweeted about having the shits so obviously telling her followers what happened to the money wasn't a priority.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 59
Run down?

I do hope this is being sorted. Its not even for me and I am pooping myself reading it.

I also don't know how someone scared of the postman can keep getting these letters. Why doesn't she get someone to help her sort it.
Your concern for her is commendable @Lanie but I shan’t be joining in. From what I see, she’s got nobody to blame but herself. So many genuine, hardworking people have lost so much in the last year and there will be many others who have clung onto their businesses through real adversity (and probably without the chances and opportunities Jack has had)

She has had months to prepare for this. She recruited an Accountant/Sunday School teacher to assist. LJC could undoubtedly point her in the direction if he wasn’t available but she just can’t deal with important things in the here and now. I know next to nothing about ADHD and don’t doubt for a second that could have contributed if it’s applicable here…but if a person chooses not to factor in their difficulties then things will go wrong.

IMHO she is a procrastinator and a daydreamer, always looking for a distraction rather than do another cookbook or do her taxes or apologise to people. She’s also got a (left over chippy) chip on her shoulder that I too think contributes to her problems.

Whatever is occupying her weeks just now, I hope it’ll help her identify her strengths and weaknesses. But she’ll have to tackle this head on, burying her head in the sand will only make things worse.

I’m wondering if the tidying the room video came from her trying to work on her defects? Idk, it strikes me as something someone would put into the “what gets on your nerves that you can do something about today?” I’m sure I’m reading wayyyy too much into this!

• Heart
Reactions: 52
I’d love to see a Jim’ll Paint It of Jack. We have the 1990s print up in our downstairs loo, like an Emin.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
I imagine she's entered into a therapeutic contract to not tweet Mon-Fri but there's no bleeping way she's not sock puppeting.

Reactions: 43
Your concern for her is commendable @Lanie but I shan’t be joining in. From what I see, she’s got nobody to blame but herself. So many genuine, hardworking people have lost so much in the last year and there will be many others who have clung onto their businesses through real adversity (and probably without the chances and opportunities Jack has had)

She has had months to prepare for this. She recruited an Accountant/Sunday School teacher to assist. LJC could undoubtedly point her in the direction if he wasn’t available but she just can’t deal with important things in the here and now. I know next to nothing about ADHD and don’t doubt for a second that could have contributed if it’s applicable here…but if a person chooses not to factor in their difficulties then things will go wrong.

IMHO she is a procrastinator and a daydreamer, always looking for a distraction rather than do another cookbook or do her taxes or apologise to people. She’s also got a (left over chippy) chip on her shoulder that I too think contributes to her problems.

Whatever is occupying her weeks just now, I hope it’ll help her identify her strengths and weaknesses. But she’ll have to tackle this head on, burying her head in the sand will only make things worse.

I’m wondering if the tidying the room video came from her trying to work on her defects? Idk, it strikes me as something someone would put into the “what gets on your nerves that you can do something about today?” I’m sure I’m reading wayyyy too much into this!
The room tidying is Jack all over- shifting the deck chairs whilst the titanic sinks.
- room could have been tidied/stuff organized, instead it’s “made” into a bedroom
-video made of said transformation, posted to twitter for engagement and praise
- highlights the sheer amount of stuff in that bungalow, needs a good Kondo, donate or sell s9me of it!
- must have been a good RA/energy day to manage all that physical work
- totally bloody unnecessary, a million more important things Jack could be doing (accounts, for example)

• Haha
Reactions: 37
fraus! I've missed this place but i've been stressed and BUSY. I can see jack has been gracious enough to mostly hold off on any chaoses while i'm not here (except for the tragic 1998 trinny and susannah boss girl vibes makeover outfit but the less said about that the better) but now i've caught up there is a new verse looping round and round in my head which i must type out otherwise it might stay forever

when you make your white sauce
from the jizz of a horse
that's a moleeee
That’s my fave so far. Bravo, Blurst 🤣

A workmate/mate of mine invited us round for a BBQ last night. He made Jerk Chicken kebabs and substituted pineapple with grapefruit. It did NOT work well, as he conceded as the grapefruit fell through the barbecue grate with an acrid fizz 😬

He probably should have used blueberries instead 🙄😬🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
reminder for Fack:View attachment 611208
Tick. Tock.
How on earth are we more on the ball than she is?!

Also if I was Marcus Rashford I'd have that Big Issue cover blown up and framed immediately. On a slight tangent, I think the guy is wonderful but whenever I see him I just remember that crushingly painful one-way interaction from Roadman Jack getting down with the Black yoofs and making herself look like a stereotyping bleep and I recoil.

eta: she doesn't look like a stereotyping bleep, she IS one, as we see from her performative lesbianism and 1940s pearl clutching at herself

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Could someone please point me in the direction of the trifle defender!? Thank you 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 17
So I picked up teen child from school and I asked her about her day (like pulling teeth). But she did tell me her friend has a black eye and ‘it looks like make up…’

Oh darling, you have no idea….

• Haha
Reactions: 47
How on earth are we more on the ball than she is?!

Also if I was Marcus Rashford I'd have that Big Issue cover blown up and framed immediately. On a slight tangent, I think the guy is wonderful but whenever I see him I just remember that crushingly painful one-way interaction from Roadman Jack getting down with the Black yoofs and making herself look like a stereotyping bleep and I recoil.

eta: she doesn't look like a stereotyping bleep, she IS one, as we see from her performative lesbianism and 1940s pearl clutching at herself
Oh lord I physically cringe remembering that. Not sure if it’s worse or better that it sounded more African American than black British but it was BAD and imagine a huge part of why his team have dodged her like a bullet.

And it was just so soon after that awful GQ piece where she was meant to be profiling MR but instead gave the same old personal essay. You would find anyone over the age of 7 & half an hour free to re write that piece of tit wouldn’t you, what were GQ thinking publishing it? Times can’t be that hard surely, if so unscrew a lightbulb or turn off the fridge you’ll make it work sweeties x

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.