Jack Monroe #194 She only came back cos we were about to put out an album

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow. I've said it before, but it's worth repeating:

Think of how much you've grown and changed over the last 9 years.

Now look at Jack Monroe.

Don't you feel so good about yourself now?
Nine years is along time. To flog a dead horse.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
The original tweeter of the article (which Trifle Defender retweeted) wrote an article a while back that condemned grifters, tip jar etc. She also heavily implied Jack was who she was alluding to in the article.
More people than we know are awake to the gift...
Yeah, forget the SB stepmum group chat, it's trifle defender and friends I'm itching to see!

• Haha
Reactions: 42
The article about Yasha Ali retweeted by the trifle defender was very interesting about the power conferred by seeming 'vulnerable' on Twitter
I literally lost a whole afternoon of writing to gawking at the comments on Yashar. I’ve been so grateful that Jack’s been AWOL lately for the sake of my real, not honorary doctorate but clearly I’ll take any chance to procrastinate I can get.

I always wondered about his ubiquity and connectedness. Fascinating parallels with Jack (surrounding herself with influential figures; aggressively calling out some politicians and celebrities but not the ones she’s super pally with [see daughter of a baron Annunziata vs. daughter of a baron Nigella]; some serious opacity regarding donations and income; living a life entirely on Twitter including playing out key relationships on the platform) but was more aware that Americans would clearly hold no truck with the “I was poor” class cosplay and instead Ali alludes to a blessed and wealthy childhood. Interesting that Jack’s horrible Tory bootstrap philosophy would be such a non-story in the USA as it’s the basis of the American dream. Nearly everyone’s grandad was an immigrant with nothing. We could probably learn from the relative classlessness and stop patting people on the head for roleplaying the underdog (not that US society isn’t a total shitshow in most other respects).

Reactions: 37
Yeah, forget the SB stepmum group chat, it's trifle defender and friends I'm itching to see!
If the trifle defender was among us it would be nice if she could somehow let us know that she didn’t mind being mentioned here - so we could avoid the Guess Who game every couple of threads.
Not sure if that’s asking for trouble though 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
I literally lost a whole afternoon of writing to gawking at the comments on Yashar. I’ve been so grateful that Jack’s been AWOL lately for the sake of my real, not honorary doctorate but clearly I’ll take any chance to procrastinate I can get.

I always wondered about his ubiquity and connectedness. Fascinating parallels with Jack (surrounding herself with influential figures; aggressively calling out some politicians and celebrities but not the ones she’s super pally with [see daughter of a baron Annunziata vs. daughter of a baron Nigella]; some serious opacity regarding donations and income; living a life entirely on Twitter including playing out key relationships on the platform) but was more aware that Americans would clearly hold no truck with the “I was poor” class cosplay and instead Ali alludes to a blessed and wealthy childhood. Interesting that Jack’s horrible Tory bootstrap philosophy would be such a non-story in the USA as it’s the basis of the American dream. Nearly everyone’s grandad was an immigrant with nothing. We could probably learn from the relative classlessness and stop patting people on the head for roleplaying the underdog (not that US society isn’t a total shitshow in most other respects).
I read it and was absolutely stunned at how these wealthy people were taken in and now comment like ‘our relationship was not what I thought it was’ and he says they have NDAs and he wouldn’t actually leave their houses! He takes grifting to a new level. I used to follow on Twitter because he made a big fuss about towels once and he seemed to know everyone. He is a more successfully Anna Delvey. Since her case I think everyone is more aware to the grift.

Reactions: 25
True..
Although I said it before and I'll say it again (a year later)

Whose GroupChat would you rather?
SHE'S step-up and school mum chat
Or
People Jack has worked with chat

Who do you choose?

• Haha
Wow. I've said it before, but it's worth repeating:

Think of how much you've grown and changed over the last 9 years.

Now look at Jack Monroe.

Don't you feel so good about yourself now?
I think the weird thing is, if the bad times were as bad as she makes out, you would think she would really, genuinely want to help people in poverty. But because everything’s a game and has to be about her, she couldn’t be less interested in anything that isn’t about her/benefits her. I’m surprised she managed to eke it out for 9 years before people saw the light.

My life changed enormously between 23 and 32. I know everyone’s life is different but when you put it like that @colouredlines, holy tit I would rather be me. I feel like every bad thing has forced me to learn about life and about me and (although I don’t often like what or who I see) I can look in the mirror and be glad that I don’t have to embellish the bad times for sympathy, I don’t have a pathological need for validation from complete strangers and I either stand by what I did or said or re-evaluate and acknowledge there are things I’d do differently.

Sorry for merailing - guess Jack and I are totally dissimilar 😉

• Heart
Reactions: 49
True..
Although I said it before and I'll say it again (a year later)

Whose GroupChat would you rather?
SHE'S step-up and school mum chat
Or
People Jack has worked with chat

Who do you choose?
Worked with! Definitely. Matt and Marcus at least.
Who else is there?

• Heart
Reactions: 23
If the trifle defender was among us it would be nice if she could somehow let us know that she didn’t mind being mentioned here - so we could avoid the Guess Who game every couple of threads.
Not sure if that’s asking for trouble though 😂
Can I ask a genuine question?
Why can't we name her? I know I've been AWOL for a couple of months, but I'm pretty sure we used to name her when she first started defending the trifles x

Worked with! Definitely. Matt and Marcus at least.
Who else is there?
Dr Rupy.
Hellmans
Samsung
Sainsbury s
Linda McCartney
DKL
The Daily Express

Most of these are from the last 18 months

Reactions: 21
Ah, the old black metal method. Hopefully with less church burning and murder of bandmates.
Mr D went to a Mayhem gig at Underworld a couple of years ago. I politely declined the invitation to go with him and his mate. Apparently, they had a lovely time and went somewhere for tea and buns immediately beforehand, rather than the Black Heart.

bleeping amateurs.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Why can't we name her? I know I've been AWOL for a couple of months, but I'm pretty sure we used to name her when she first started defending the trifles x

Dr Rupy.
Hellmans
Samsung
Sainsbury s
Linda McCartney
DKL
The Daily Express

Delmonte
Veganury

She was part of a government cross party think tank (at her tiny desk lol), and a zoom about housing. That energy bills thing?

• Haha

Dr Rupy.
Hellmans
Samsung
Sainsbury s
Linda McCartney
DKL
The Daily Express

Correct me if I'm wrong but she doesn't have a blue tick so isn't a public figure. And hasn't directly engaged with Jack since her threads blew up on Tattle, if ever. So it's not really fair to put her name out there I guess?

• Heart
Reactions: 43
She isn’t a blue tick or even a side character in the Saga of Jack (like sadbot), so I spose it’s not the done thing to name her. The problem is, she’s championed here so regularly, so those who are not in the know of who she is want to know ... who she is.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.