Jack Monroe #194 She only came back cos we were about to put out an album

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
just so you all know, I'm having to keep the mask face-down lest I break into a panic every time I walk past the dining table

here it is resting atop my real birthday present of truffled pasta

View attachment 613323
Seen from the back, those eyes are much like Jack's...soulless.
And I love the fact it is sold as Jack Monroe (Smiling) Mask, do they sell other Jack masks, eg the Jack Monroe (Fewmin) Mask, aka The One Where She Couldn't Find The Hair Bobble?

• Haha
Reactions: 30
The diversity awards.... I’m in the final of that from last year, postponed due to our friend Covid.
It’s for the fund I set up to provide immediate counselling and financial support for lgbt teens in Sheffield in memory of my son who was gay and died by suicide aged 15.
The Noah Lomax fund for teen mental health.
Fantastic! Wishing you lots of luck for the award and the project ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 47
The diversity awards.... I’m in the final of that from last year, postponed due to our friend Covid.
It’s for the fund I set up to provide immediate counselling and financial support for lgbt teens in Sheffield in memory of my son who was gay and died by suicide aged 15.
I’m so sorry for your loss, just googled your fund to try & vote and you’re doing brilliant work ❤ Is voting closed? I can’t seem to see anything other than a finalists page.

Also not sure how long you’ve been here but pls be careful as Jack has a tendency to abuse people across her platforms and I wouldn’t want you having to go through it.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Yes voting is closed as we are in the final . It’s for last years award. I think they just did the nominating for this years award and that’s what Jack was on about.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Eggs and veg for breakfast is popular in the hiking community because of the protein…. But like hardcore hikers, not Jack going to do a £20 shop with a hiking rucksack….

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Have they just lobbed it all in the taramasalata tub? Not even gone to the effort of a bowl? If you're a 'literal food expert', putting yourself out there as an influencer, surely you'd plate it up somehow? So effing lazy.
That’s what I thought too! And so the spoon (I almost said “mouth” 😆) must be a teaspoon, right?

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Apologies if this has been addressed before, but trawling through Jack's IG I decided to check in on some of the Viggles from the LM debacle.
Remember NotJack who definitely was not Jack? (Spoiler, it was Jack or JLC) There's some comments under a pic of the LM hoisin duck from a locked account that has the same name as trifle defender, but with first letters swapped (think Mack Jonroe, but with TD's name.
Their picture is a trifle with a familiar background.
They ask NotJack where they got their plates from.
This is either TD taking the piss or Jack on a sock puppet taking a swipe at TD.

• Wow
Reactions: 36
I'm so sorry Clairyboo, a big cyber hug for you. You've done a wonderful thing setting up that counseling. <3

• Heart
Reactions: 32
@Raker this is v Completed It Mate Jack of me, I was already considering it! I wanted to make a version using cabal-sourced lyrics but there are so many I couldn't include them all (unless my version runs to an unruly ten minutes long) and I didn't want to cherrypick and leave anyone out.
Slopbot needs to create a prog rock concept album for Amolé.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I read every reference to White Trash in Hannibal's voice with the accompanying pianist's JM-like soft touch. Maybe a 2 up 2 down is her UK equivalent.

View attachment 613914

When was this mythical time when foster carers weren't paid? And Jack forgets to mention her father had a very senior role in the fire service.

And as for living in a normal house during the fire strikes, where did the foster children sleep?

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 38
When was this mythical time when foster carers weren't paid? And Jack forgets to mention her father had a very senior role in the fire service.
She's just bare faced lying about living in a 2 up 2 down during the FBU strikes (of 2002/3 I assume). Written in 2006, this says her parents "have been fostering for nearly 14 years." and that "The family lives in a five-bedroom house, after investing £30,000 to build extra rooms when they made the decision to foster." https://www.communitycare.co.uk/2006/03/09/the-great-foster-care-divide/

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Just to go back to the white trash for a minute, surely 'chav' or something would be the English equivalent? Meanwhile, in Scotland, it would be 'ned'.
Jack’s babydaddy-to-be* little Owen Jones wrote a book called Chavs about the demonisation of the working class. Back when he cared about actual social issues, rather than having a go at middle aged women on Twitter all day. Perhaps Jack read it** and decided to find different ways to deride poor people.

*Hopefully surrogate Jack has been forgotten
** Read the back of the cover and got the jist of it then chucked the book in the Hoarders room

Reactions: 35
She's just bare faced lying about living in a 2 up 2 down during the FBU strikes (of 2002/3 I assume). Written in 2006, this says her parents "have been fostering for nearly 14 years." and that "The family lives in a five-bedroom house, after investing £30,000 to build extra rooms when they made the decision to foster." https://www.communitycare.co.uk/2006/03/09/the-great-foster-care-divide/
Indeed the only other firefighters strike was in 1977 when daddy was about 14.

She lies as naturally she breathes .

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Apologies if this has been addressed before, but trawling through Jack's IG I decided to check in on some of the Viggles from the LM debacle.
Remember NotJack who definitely was not Jack? (Spoiler, it was Jack or JLC) There's some comments under a pic of the LM hoisin duck from a locked account that has the same name as trifle defender, but with first letters swapped (think Mack Jonroe, but with TD's name.
Their picture is a trifle with a familiar background.
They ask NotJack where they got their plates from.
This is either TD taking the piss or Jack on a sock puppet taking a swipe at TD.
Quoting myself as left too long to edit.

I've looked again, it isn't locked. They've just never posted anything. Following very few accounts, but most are fraud investigators and Essex police?!!!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.