Jack Monroe #193 Mama, pass the UNICEF statistics and the Hansards!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"So often, when people talk about comfort food, the media depicts it as sitting on the sofa eating a bucket of ice cream," says Smith. "That's kind of true - sometimes you do seek solace in sweet, creamy things. But actually, more often than not, that's a slight under-representation of what comfort food can be.

"Comfort food, food that takes you to a happy place, is very often your childhood - which for some people can be beans on toast, roast chicken, chicken soup. But for other people, spicy food is the food of their native heritage that they were used to eating. So comfort food is different things to different people."

This is Ed Smith, new cook book Crave on comfort food recently featured on Nigella's cook book corner, it sounds like a nuanced and interesting take, maybe there's a slow cooker and bean rinsing chapter?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
"So often, when people talk about comfort food, the media depicts it as sitting on the sofa eating a bucket of ice cream," says Smith. "That's kind of true - sometimes you do seek solace in sweet, creamy things. But actually, more often than not, that's a slight under-representation of what comfort food can be.

"Comfort food, food that takes you to a happy place, is very often your childhood - which for some people can be beans on toast, roast chicken, chicken soup. But for other people, spicy food is the food of their native heritage that they were used to eating. So comfort food is different things to different people."

This is Ed Smith, new cook book Crave on comfort food recently featured on Nigella's cook book corner, it sounds like a nuanced and interesting take, maybe there's a slow cooker and bean rinsing chapter?
There's one thing I do know I wouldn't be taking comfort from a casserole I'm june

• Haha
Reactions: 35
The only food I’ve been taking comfort from this past week is an ice cream and my slow cooker is in the pan cupboard which is where it’ll probably stay until September time am I doing food wrong?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
The only food I’ve been taking comfort from this past week is an ice cream and my slow cooker is in the pan cupboard which is where it’ll probably stay until September time am I doing food wrong?
Absolutely x

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I didn't use a slow cooker, but I did get out the deep fryer and made chips for tea. Now that's bowl of comfort food!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Don't think this has been shared yet? Sorry if it has, I've been chopping my Summer neeps for the cassostew.
In reply to the retweet of the Role Model nomination
Screenshot_20210606-192103_Twitter.jpg

LOLLLLZ

• Haha
Reactions: 65
Don't think this has been shared yet? Sorry if it has, I've been chopping my Summer neeps for the cassostew.
In reply to the retweet of the Role Model nomination
View attachment 606038
LOLLLLZ
Squig Marcus was soooo last season. She's moved on.... Also please stop with the 00s text talk. I feel like I should be whipping out a 3310

Wa8ing( 🙄🙄🙄)

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Sorry I can’t see if anyone else asked. But that’s vegan ham she’s using? Yes?
No, it’ll be yellow sticker honey roast ham from Asda or Tesco Express.

Nice n sweaty. Shouldn’t really be heated up especially in a slow cooker.

Can you imagine that slop? So mushy, it could be eaten with a straw.:sick:

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
No she’s only a 90% vegan remember
For my dinner tonight I had roast potatoes done in veg oil, carrots, broccoli and green beans. I also had a couple of slices of roast chicken, but it was only about 10% of the contents of my plate.

Am I 90% vegan?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
For my dinner tonight I had roast potatoes done in veg oil, carrots, broccoli and green beans. I also had a couple of slices of roast chicken, but it was only about 10% of the contents of my plate.

Am I 90% vegan?
Absolutely x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.