Jack Monroe #193 Mama, pass the UNICEF statistics and the Hansards!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So Jack has followed the lurker's PR page (whatever it is) despite the lurker being a top grunker on Jack's Tattle thread, only popping up to protest her innocence without so much as a word of support for Jack? šŸ˜‚. She basically came to say that she didn't want to be brought in to Jack's mess. Ahhh, the loose morals of fickle influenzas

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
I had a look at the page. The last update (2019!) was straight out of Jack's playbook:

View attachment 605726

I know when she popped up here, some people ended up feeling sorry for her. If anyone does still feel that way, just remember that her Twitter begging came AFTER a 15k grift.

She and Jack truly are gloves of a feather...
Yikes. Iā€™m certain there wonā€™t be a person on the thread who doesnā€™t have compassion & best wishes for someone who has to postpone a project (or anything!) for mental or physical health reasons and for many theyā€™ll have first hand experience but Y I K E S at not refunding it after 3 years šŸ˜³

• Wow
Reactions: 47
Yikes. Iā€™m certain there wonā€™t be a person on the thread who doesnā€™t have compassion & best wishes for someone who has to postpone a project (or anything!) for mental or physical health reasons and for many theyā€™ll have first hand experience but Y I K E S at not refunding it after 3 years šŸ˜³
I feel like in any regular work situation, you'd ask for an extension beforehand (or at the very least, when you first fell ill), rather than radio silence for months followed by "oh my the way I haven't been able to do any work." Early, clear communication is so important...unless you have an army of squiggles who'll forgive you anything, I suppose.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I think thatā€™s H*ttieā€™s company. Iā€™m so worried weā€™re going to candyman her here again!
How many hours into the 8 hour descent into to slop is Jackā€™s casserole in now?
We could call her Hattie Sicknote.

I think Jack was going tee hee as she typed about her sparse bush and her neighbour's lush one.

Anyway, back to me. Before leaving the hospital I had a scan, but no jolly porter called it a doughnut, and the consultant sat on my bed, but he didn't tell me I couldnt eat tomatoes.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
So Jack has followed the lurker's PR page (whatever it is) despite the lurker being a top grunker on Jack's Tattle thread, only popping up to protest her innocence without so much as a word of support for Jack? šŸ˜‚. She basically came to say that she didn't want to be brought in to Jack's mess. Ahhh, the loose morals of fickle influenzas
Who needs enemies ey?

Reactions: 22
At the very least, you'd be keeping the people that gave you money updated?! It is just like Jack's Kickstarter farce. Where's the accountability for these people?

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Not been following closely - is she back then? Or was there more coy 'just popping in briefly - I miss you all'.
I presume thinks some immediate dangers have passed. So she can let up on the vague treatment talk.

Reactions: 27
Well whatever Jack's been doing, she certainly hasn't been looking at my Jack Dictionary because she still can't bleeping spell 'cannellini'. If she nicked a sleigh from a driveway in Hammersmith I'm fairly sure she wouldn't have any scruples about taking a little of her neighbour's rosemary. Also not getting involved in cassoulet debates after you fucked paella, reamed ramen, riffed ribollita, ruined risotto and brought us the Trifle Defender? This is jollof rice all over again!

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Wonder if we will get Royal Jack now Megs and H have had their baby?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Lilibet? Aren't they sucking up.

Also I agree if I am unwell and no longer able to do something I phone on and explain or failing that ask someone to do it for me. I don't leave people hanging on. Its very rude.

Reactions: 28
I had a look at the page. The last update (2019!) was straight out of Jack's playbook:

View attachment 605726

I know when she popped up here, some people ended up feeling sorry for her. If anyone does still feel that way, just remember that her Twitter begging came AFTER a 15k grift.

She and Jack truly are gloves of a feather...
Outrageous! Why do some people have no shame?

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I couldnā€™t look too long at that photo of the slop. Sun cracking pavements here and Iā€™d want that raw with a bit of feta chopped through it. Thatā€™s not comfort food! The scone I am about to eat piled high with home made jam and clotted cream is comfort food. Mackie, ditch the slop, slice some ham, have a hunk of bread, cheese and some pickle And sit in the garden and enjoy summer food you big hilarious weirdo! šŸ™„

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
Itā€™s really depressing to read this, it points towards our glaring failings as a society and on several levels. For all of the stupidity it must require to get oneself in such a situation, it must be pretty hard to be young and otherwise talentless in a shallow, materialistic and greedy world.
As someone who's young and talentless as well as somewhat unattractive it does feel pretty hard at times, especially when your friends are moving towards this 'influencer' lifestyle, or are relentlessly materialistic without considering how harmful the ideas connected with that mentality are. I think it's only going to get worse, especially in regards to the sexualisation of women (and, unfortunately, young girls in particular - I'd be so worried if I was a parent right now!!)
The continued success of influencers, grifters and assorted nasty folk alongside the lack of support and financial help for people in 'proper' careers like nursing, education etc is the most depressing part imo. More and more young people are becoming interested in the low-effort high-maintenance lifestyles of these people, and ya can't blame them. Beats working minimum wage and getting yelled at by people who earn way more than you, right? Brands capitalise off this (literally) by making wealth, beauty and happiness seem just out of reach, rather than address the privileged backgrounds and inherent issues of the people who represent them. Thankfully Tattle (and some comment sites!) is alive, or it'd seem like there was nobody addressing this !!!

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Anyway, stewed root veg? In June? Poor show from the woman who invented seasonal eating.
I make a white bean and root veg stew almost the same as this but in DECEMBER! When it's freeing yer bollocks off cold, and with dumplings - not in June.
Edit to add: mine is not slop! šŸ˜†

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.