Jack Monroe #193 Mama, pass the UNICEF statistics and the Hansards!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe I’m a boring fraus but if I allegedly went through a period of being so poor I sold my lightbulbs and son’s favourite toy, I wouldn’t splash out on designer gear with my first lump sum of money. It’d go straight in a savings account in case I was faced with that situation again. The excuse about buying investment pieces is a load of tosh when it’s not been looked after (cue “poor people can’t have nice things” etc)

• Heart
Reactions: 68
I have alot of friends who have lots of tattoos some of them were done when they were very young and in some cases drunk on holidays are tit and some have been done properly. They often hide the ones that were done stupidly if they can.
Guilty - got one when I was 18 but it’s easily covered up. After 20 years it’s looking a bit fuzzy. I’m trying to accept my scars and mistakes.

I bought a fake LV on canal street in NY. The straps were glued not sewn and it couldn’t hold any weight. It was a stupid purchase. Real leather bags that are made well are expensive for a reason.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I have alot of friends who have lots of tattoos some of them were done when they were very young and in some cases drunk on holidays are tit and some have been done properly. They often hide the ones that were done stupidly if they can.
I like my non-original woman stamp from when I was 18. Not because I think it's a beautiful piece of body art but because it is part of that period of my life and I will never be ashamed of it. It was a fun time and hurts no one.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
I have four hearts on my hip that were done by my sister's friend's husband in their bedroom 😂

I was in my early 20s. It has blurred a bit but I look at it fondly. All of my tattoos remind me of certain times in my life. Every one after that I spent money on but I don't regret my blurry hearts one bit

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I own a fake mulberry bag. I knew it was fake, I got it from a secret shop in an alley in the spice souk in Dubai. The bloke showed me how good it was by holding a lighter next to it and it didn't catch fire. It cost AED500 (about a hundred quid) The strap broke almost immediately- the clasp bit that clipped onto the bad was cheaply made. It was a stupid purchase, I'm not even into bags.
I've got a fake one I bought about fifteen years ago in India, its leather and still going strong, looks really good too. If you know your bags you'd know straight away it's fake but I've had compliments from people who care about the labels. A nice leather holdall for about fifteen quid. That'll do

I have three. From the 90s. All tit. Fortunately they're mostly on parts of my body that I don't share publicly anymore, one of them I genuinely haven't seen for years 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 27
would say I don’t feel like most people using it would feel comfortable with using the word ho. Insta thot is that aesthetic you see every fast fashion brand on Insta pushing - long sleek hair, tanned skin, a certain body type, big lips / eyes / lashes, plenty of tight club wear, certain poses and outfits... pick the fast fashion brand of your choice but an example:

E1BCD523-1907-49D2-B1A1-DB9C96B4DFA9.jpeg

ETA: could possibly be used interchangeably with Insta baddie but I feel they’re more overtly sexual, an Insta thot can still pretend to be ur BFF to get you to use her discount code ?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
My mum bought me a Mulberry bag when I was much younger, possibly as a graduation gift or similar. This was obviously ages ago as I am a bitter peri menopausal Frau and it was before they were super trendy, or quite as expensive as they are now (although it was still pricey).

I hated it because it was boring and middle aged! And then the strap broke (even though it was genuine, or John Lewis had been scammed) and I didn‘t bother to get it fixed, because I hated it.

I only realised/remembered it was a Mulberry many years later when gawping over lovely handbags in a posh shop one day, but it was long gone by then.

There is a moral to this tale, somewhere.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Have we just scooped Jack with yet another lie, ie. a fake Mulberry after all that bragging? Quick, someone get it on the Designer Goods thread, they'll know 😂
Nah, we all know how much Jack loves high end brands. If she says it’s real (and admits to buying it with cash rather than being gifted it / finding it in a puddle) then I’m sure it is.

I own a fake mulberry bag. I knew it was fake, I got it from a secret shop in an alley in the spice souk in Dubai. The bloke showed me how good it was by holding a lighter next to it and it didn't catch fire. It cost AED500 (about a hundred quid) The strap broke almost immediately- the clasp bit that clipped onto the bad was cheaply made. It was a stupid purchase, I'm not even into bags.
I love that being flame retardant was supposed to be a sign of quality in a leather bag.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Nah, we all know how much Jack loves high end brands. If she says it’s real (and admits to buying it with cash rather than being gifted it / finding it in a puddle) then I’m sure it is.
I dunno, I find it weird that she hasn't made up a story about how she went into the Mulberry shop and the shop assistants looked her up and down and said WHITE TRASH DON'T HAVE MULBERRY BAGS or somesuch. She might have convinced herself that the bargain £800 Mulberry she saw on ebay was authentic.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Yonks ago I bought a Chanel bag that was ‘well loved’ from a reputable site for about 200 dollars but always wondered if it was a fake. Anyway, night out, fall down break the clasp boo boo. Was in London and took myself to Chanel and the doorman blocked the door and said you shall not pass and they put it in a box and said they would see what they could do and gave me a receipt. Thought possibly bye bye bag as Chanel destroys fakes. But a month later got to go back and they gave me my fixed bag and I asked how much and they looked at me funny and said they don’t charge for repairs. So I left Chanel with a massive paper bag with my little bag in and felt like Paris Hilton.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 68
It is weird how there's a flurry of tweets on Sundays and a couple on Mondays, then complete silence the rest of the week. We can't be the only ones to notice this radical change in Jack's Twitter usage. Bizarre behaviour, utterly bizarre, for someone who purports to have a career helping poor people online. How are people supposed to ask what to do with frozen leftover chippy chips?

Surely her 300k+ followers, and 300+ patreon subscribers are wondering why the Twitter silence, only to return each weekend as if nothing is amiss. Bootstapcook is supposed to be her professional account. Have her working hours reduced to a few hours on a Sunday and an hour before rehab being prodded and poked on a Monday?

Her content on the limited hours she is on Twitter is mostly unrelated to bootstrapcooking, (with the exception of the pavement vomit cassoulet). She has completely lost all credibility for any future work.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
It is weird how there's a flurry of tweets on Sundays and a couple on Mondays, then complete silence the rest of the week. We can't be the only ones to notice this radical change in Jack's Twitter usage. Bizarre behaviour, utterly bizarre, for someone who purports to have a career helping poor people online. How are people supposed to ask what to do with frozen leftover chippy chips?

Surely her 300k+ followers, and 300+ patreon subscribers are wondering why the Twitter silence, only to return each weekend as if nothing is amiss. Bootstapcook is supposed to be her professional account. Have her working hours reduced to a few hours on a Sunday and an hour before rehab being prodded and poked on a Monday?
Will anyone think of the political refugees who have to DM her during the night 😩

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
At least in my day, tit tattoos tended to be quite hidden (she says, with the shame of a blurry early noughts tattoo on her back). Let's just say it's something very generic and about as fashionable as a Limp Bizkit t-shirt.

Nowadays, people are going out and getting their first tat on their necks, hands, and even faces. I recently worked with a 21 year old with some terrible face tattoos. Admittedly, those tattoos can look OK if you're already heavily tattooed and had that vibe, but they looked dreadful on her and I think that's when I finally realised I was old.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.