Jack Monroe #193 Mama, pass the UNICEF statistics and the Hansards!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had a look at the Diversity Awards website, and there seem to be hundreds of nominees in each category.

There's a map of the UK with a dot showing the location of each person, and it's just obliterated with dots.

Jacky a positive role model!? My Aunt Fanny! (cake)

ETA I meant.... obliterated BY dots. 🤔😃

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
Oh FFS, and here was me thinking Jack was keeping quiet about this because they were embarrassed at being put up for an award they had done little to achieve, Wrong!. Nominations were open till the 4th, but now have been mysteriously extended until Monday because of a 'website issue'. So now all Jacks followers can be encouraged to vote for them. Is it possible then that Jack was nominated last minute and is now 'in it to win it'?
So who do we all vote for?🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 21
So who do we all vote for?🤔
There was a person from Falkirk I was considering but I now see you have to give your name and email to vote and I have developed a fear of being triangulated. I wish to remain a faceless ninny forever. Plus I see the National Diversity Awards won an award in the Awards Awards in 2018 and I have started seeing the whole idea of this as a farce.

ETA I might vote for Marcus Rashford as Celebrity of the Year.
ps Can someone tell me why they have a nominee shortlist posted when they say voting is still open?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
The saintly Mom not doing pancake photography the Monroe way
At first glance I thought this was Nigella doing a Jack and searching for misspellings of her own name to reply to before realising the two tweets had nothing to do with each other. Surely now Jack has retweeted her award nomination, Mom will get the word out about her dearest heart, the inspirational garden-painting chair-counting furniture-flinging pixie. Wait, just like Jack picking up the sound of electricity in the walls, I can hear... what is that? I think it's Nigella resting her chin on her hand, slowly shaking her head and softly saying 'like duck I will'.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
23 retweets already and people starting to comment they have voted for Jack. Jack should win an award for most gullible followers. If Jack wins their category I wonder if they will be taking credit for Free School Meals again. Which will be hilarious if Marcus Rashford wins in the celebrity of the year category.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
23 retweets already and people starting to comment they have voted for Jack. Jack should win an award for most gullible followers. If Jack wins their category I wonder if they will be taking credit for Free School Meals again. Which will be hilarious if Marcus Rashford wins in the celebrity of the year category.
Just amusing myself visualising the ceremony as a massive game of hide and seek 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Plus I see the National Diversity Awards won an award in the Awards Awards
😲Awardception.

Hopefully there will be a shortlist, and if anyone wants to vote they can, without being so triangulateable.

I watched The Caddy last night, the film that brought us “That’s Amore”, and, it’s actually pretty great!
It’s a comedy, and it’s so obvious now why That’s Amolé sounds so funny, it’s meant to be! He sings it at his family’s restaurant, hence all the pizza pie and pasta lyrics.
Lots of amazing slapstick comedy. When you’ve got Jerry Lewis in a shop, on roller-skates, unable to stop, and someone shouts “NOT THE CHINA DEPARTMENT!” you know you’re in for a good time.
Dean Martin was gorgeous back in the day 😍 and the whole film is available for free on YouTube #SupportTheArts

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Joel from good Charlotte, on the off chance you have your email alerts on and can be summoned at will like Hattie candyman...

I will buy you a Cotswold sideboard if you release a new version called "Lifestyles of the grifting blue ticks" and you can get a bonus sentient mirror if you throw in a Jack reference

You didn't use a cartoon filter to protect their identity and that will be your downfall. Hope nibbles and loppy have their court outfits sorted 😔😔😔

I also think it should include the additional line, " if moneys such a problem why they constantly doing up their mansions. I think they've got problems." Sign me up Joel and Benji

Tbf it seems like a non award. I hate the way award ceremonies made today always seem like the contribution prize in schools, just given to every child because they tried. No skill, hard work involved.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
There is a shortlist already, which I am finding confusing.
I'm confused she's not on it?

Do you think she complained that she had not received a single vote because (no one cares because it's a crappy awards thing ) so they extended the deadline?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
I can't see Jack on the shortlist. Does that mean she's been excluded?
I think it means they closed voting, drew up their shortlist, and then for some inexplicable reason decided to extend the voting. On their twitter feed they say that they did it because of a website issue. :oops::unsure:

In which case you would think they would have taken the shortlist down. I didn't want to be mean and compare this to the Del Monte campaign, but....

AND - took a while, but I get the joke - I don't think there is an embarrassed emojii, I have looked before.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I think it means they closed voting, drew up their shortlist, and then for some inexplicable reason decided to extend the voting. On their twitter feed they say that they did it because of a website issue. :oops::unsure:
Is this a chaos? I mean, we're due a chaos. It's been such a long time I can't remember what they look like.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I think we should present these guys The Jack Monroe Award for Absolute Chaos.

To make things even more confusing, they’ve now split themselves into two timelines. The 2020 awards were postponed for obvious reasons, the 2020 nominations have been closed, the 2021 nomination are open, they’re ... sorry, I give up, read this! 🤣

8402628D-8321-4512-8954-70E95012D12B.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
I think we should present these guys The Jack Monroe Award for Absolute Chaos.

To make things even more confusing, they’ve now split themselves into two timelines. The 2020 awards were postponed for obvious reasons, the 2020 nominations have been closed, the 2021 nomination are open, they’re ... sorry, I give up, read this! 🤣

View attachment 604820

So people are voting for a ceremony happening next year.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I want to go. They will sell saddoes like me a single ticket and give me half a bottle of wine.
When I tried to book all I got was THIS

Edit - due to my lack of internet skills I will have to verbally describe that the booking page took me to an Error 404, Page not found message.
insert embarrassed emojii again.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.