Jack Monroe #193 Mama, pass the UNICEF statistics and the Hansards!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hope we have reached peak influencer marketing because everyone is more savvy about ads and how much people are paid for mentioning things. Lots of big influencers have behaved very badly if lockdown, going on secret holidays (fleur de force) pretending they are working abroad (any of the bikini girls who have gone abroad when only business travel is allowed) so they have not helped themselves.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I also hate the accusation we β€œhide” behind fake profiles FML as if tattle invented user names and avatars, meanwhile I guess to join a respectable site like reddit you need to apply to join up with your passport and a bill showing your address?
Quite. And a large proportion of their fawning fans on IG use fake profiles - but apparently that is OK.
And so what if here has pseudomyns and avatars - Tattle can make up its own completely legal rules and regulations - why the duck should some bleeping IGer stick their oar in and say how it should be run?
twit.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Quite. And a large proportion of their fawning fans on IG use fake profiles - but apparently that is OK.
And so what if here has pseudomyns and avatars - Tattle can make up its own completely legal rules and regulations - why the duck should some bleeping IGer stick their oar in and say how it should be run?
twit.
In fairness many influencers don't use their real photos either. Their faces are " not their own" but a really good filter or the result of a really good plastic surgeon/ beautician.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Tenor.gif (220x122) (riffs.com)
Looks like it was a team effort to get those film rights. Leo, his peaches, and the man himself were all involoved.

View attachment 604384

When you look at Scorsese's body of work, it is not inconceivable that he has followed her story. To list just a few of his Producer and / or Director credits.

1622920277840.png
πŸŒœπŸŒΈπŸŒ›
1622919103082.png
🏴󠁧󠁒󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁒󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁒󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
1622918643509.png
🀠🀠🀠
1622918021328.png
🍜🚽 😷
1622917331465.png
πŸ‘¨β€πŸ³πŸ‘©β€πŸ³πŸ‘¨β€πŸ³
1622919946724.png
🎀😬🎀
1622919864413.png
πŸ‘΄πŸ‘΄πŸ‘΄
1622917087566.png
πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’
1622922416464.png
1622916761669.png
1622916896434.png
🏚🏚🏚🏚🏚🏚🏚🏚🏚🏚
1622915521508.png
🦡🦡🦡
1622915429329.png
πŸ”ΊπŸ”ΊπŸ”Ί
1622915362821.png
πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†
1622921951024.png
:cry::cry::cry:
1622922015306.png
πŸ€‘πŸ€‘πŸ€‘
1622921393622.png
πŸ’·πŸ’·πŸ’·
1622921438193.png
😲😲😲
1622921554505.png
πŸ˜‘πŸ‘§πŸ‚
1622915316080.png
πŸ‘©β€πŸ¦²πŸ‘©β€πŸ¦²πŸ‘©β€πŸ¦²
1622919260571.png
:unsure::unsure::unsure:

If there is still any doubt that he has been capturing her life story on film, let us not forget the one and only ..... Constance Murray | Tattle Life

1622920511349.png
πŸš–πŸš–πŸš–

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Seems like some well overdue chickens are coming home to roost and the People of Influence don't like it one bit. Sorry, but you can't have it both ways; if you choose to monetise every aspect of your life and bleep yourself out to sell an illusion of a lifestyle you know full well is unaffordable to the vast majority of your audience (often via very disingenuous and dishonest means), then you have to be prepared for people to comment on what you put in the public domain.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Whenever I see influencers/ celebs moan about being criticized I often get good Charlotte's " lifestyles of the rich and famous" in my head, especially the line " all the do is witch and moan inside the rolling stone, Talkin about how hard life can be.

Little punk rock nostalgia for some fraus a.d herr's.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I also hate the accusation we β€œhide” behind fake profiles FML as if tattle invented user names and avatars, meanwhile I guess to join a respectable site like reddit you need to apply to join up with your passport and a bill showing your address?
It's also not that anonymous unless people are very careful. This is a secondary username, but I think you could, if so inclined, still find my real name from it. And by extention, because of stuff I've posted in various places, my date of birth and an idea (to within a few streets!) of where I live. Of course, I don't care about this, and wouldn't be as open as I am if I did.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
And I'd be really easy to find because I didn't think to change the sheep's names!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
The need to claim any degree of fame, through celebrity or influencing - its all insecurity and misguided arrogance. The same reason they end up reading their own threads.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
And I'd be really easy to find because I didn't think to change the sheep's names!
I use my cats nicknames on here but anyone who knows me would recognise them straight away! If anyone wants to know Pooh's real name I'll set up a Go Fund Me and if I get enough I'll reveal it on the solstice.
Rattle rattle.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Personally I have always found the influencer trend to be focused on ego, vanity and unrealistic standards which are then sold to and swallowed by a naive audience. It's disgusting that this has been largely unregulated too. A great deal of the audience are going to be young, impressionable people with insecurities and possibly mental health issues.
It must be a nightmare for young people just now to try and navigate their way in a world where opportunities are limited (thanks Tories and rich elite), with a struggling health system, climate change, pandemic and constant need to be seen/perform for social media. It's all about perfection and pandering to the male gaze which the media help to stoke and fuel. It's a toxic cycle πŸ™ It does nothing for women's rights either, quite the opposite.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
So they get critised, who cares. If they are good at their job and do what they are supposed to they shouldnt have to worry about a few faceless ninnies.

Think of all the celebs who have done really stupid things, made a complete tit of themselves, yet still get work because they are good at their job.

The problem is most of these "slebs" just want the fame and money for the bare minimum amount of work. Unfortunately that only lasts a wee while till people get fed up off seeing you with your 15th PRADA handbag because you showed us some impractical tat on your page, whilst we have slogged our guts out in the real world just to make RENT.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I'd hate for some of these influencers to meet my mother in law (they can't, she's DEAD). The woman never had a good thing to say about anyone or anything. And the last thing I would ever, ever have asked her to do was tell me honestly what she thought of me, because even the few cutting remarks she made to my face and the horrible things she said about other people in my presence gave me enough of a clue.

So why go out searching for it and tormenting yourself with it? You can't be everyone's cup of tea. It's outside of your sphere of control, so let it go. But you do have the power to choose to operate responsibly, professionally and within the law. So if it's your job and your livelihood, why not do that?

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Whenever I see influencers/ celebs moan about being criticized I often get good Charlotte's " lifestyles of the rich and famous" in my head, especially the line " all the do is witch and moan inside the rolling stone, Talkin about how hard life can be.

Little punk rock nostalgia for some fraus a.d herr's.
Joel from good Charlotte, on the off chance you have your email alerts on and can be summoned at will like Hattie candyman...

I will buy you a Cotswold sideboard if you release a new version called "Lifestyles of the grifting blue ticks" and you can get a bonus sentient mirror if you throw in a Jack reference

You didn't use a cartoon filter to protect their identity and that will be your downfall. Hope nibbles and loppy have their court outfits sorted πŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜”

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Oh FFS, and here was me thinking Jack was keeping quiet about this because they were embarrassed at being put up for an award they had done little to achieve, Wrong!. Nominations were open till the 4th, but now have been mysteriously extended until Monday because of a 'website issue'. So now all Jacks followers can be encouraged to vote for them. Is it possible then that Jack was nominated last minute and is now 'in it to win it'?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.