Jack Monroe #193 Mama, pass the UNICEF statistics and the Hansards!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I want to go. They will sell saddoes like me a single ticket and give me half a bottle of wine.
When I tried to book all I got was THIS.
If there's an award for perfect user name on current topic- it's......@Whaa?

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I want to go. They will sell saddoes like me a single ticket and give me half a bottle of wine.
When I tried to book all I got was THIS.
I take it back she has to win this award. Its got her written all over it pure chaos and not alot of sense. No one else nominated would want it.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
People are going to start thinking we hate “autistics, gays, difference, and success“ again. “They LAUGHED at the Diversity Awards Awards!”.
But that damn website and nomination process has broken my dyslexic brain, and the venue details has NO information about accessibility. Great job lads 👏🏻 (edited to add, I mean the awards people, not us!)

I think we found our meet-up night out, lads.
But yes, I agree, THIS is what all the outfit planning has really been leading up to.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
People are going to start thinking we hate “autistics, gays, difference, and success“ again. “They LAUGHED at the Diversity Awards Awards!”.
But that damn website and nomination process has broken my dyslexic brain, and the venue details has NO information about accessibility. Great job lads 👏🏻

But yes, I agree, THIS is what all the outfit planning has really been leading up to.
I just want to clear up. I don't hate anyone. I just don't get all these strange little award ceremonies. I mean do they actually mean anything when getting a job or is it just for show? Excuse my ignorance.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
I know. Before I started taking the piss I looked at some of the former winners in Jacks category, and they have people who have done amazing and praiseworthy things. Hence my thinking that Jack had decided not to make a big deal of her nomination as she perhaps realized her achievements were not similar. I did lose the plot somewhat when I came across the Awards Awards.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I just want to clear up. I don't hate anyone. I just don't get all these strange little award ceremonies. I mean do they actually mean anything when getting a job or is it just for show? Excuse my ignorance.
Oh me neither, I don’t think any of us do really. For me, it’s just that if they’re meant to be honouring marginalised people, who maybe wouldn’t usually get a look in for awards, then it deserves to be done well.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Most of these ceremonies don't really mean anything to anyone, they're a big wanky pat on the back or a popularity contest at best, or a scammy revenue-generation scheme at worst. Some people might put their nomination or win on their website or God forbid, Twitter bio, for a bit in a way of setting out their credentials, and the night itself might possibly be a good way of networking, but for the most part they're pretty meaningless.
Edit: Good for them if they're actually quite decent and genuinely recognize people who are doing good things. Just goes to show how involving Jack in *anything* immediately makes it less credible.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Oh me neither, I don’t think any of us do really. For me, it’s just that if they’re meant to be honouring marginalised people, who maybe wouldn’t usually get a look in for awards, then it deserves to be done well.
Totally agree. Some of those people deserve to be acknowledged for all the good work they have done.

Reactions: 26
Sorry I can't I have plans with a sentient ham.
Gammon, a-ha!

When I was a kid I borrowed the entire Beatrix Potter collection on audio tapes. I have a good memory and a strange sense of humour. The story The Tale Of The Pie And The Patty Pan involves a Dr (who is a Jackdaw, because Beatrix Potter), who keeps saying the phrase "Gammon, a-ha!" for some reason. This has stuck in my head for ~30 years.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Screenshot_20210203-160046_Fenix.jpg

Can't believe she's left Paul and the rest of the world hanging like this...my pet theory is she's got Pythagoras' theorem mixed up with something else, realised her mistake but is too embarrassed to correct it

Bonus: the closing paragraph from that article from the other day where she made up a conversation with her son on the train.
Screenshot_20210530-201811_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 65
I know. Before I started taking the piss I looked at some of the former winners in Jacks category, and they have people who have done amazing and praiseworthy things. Hence my thinking that Jack had decided not to make a big deal of her nomination as she perhaps realized her achievements were not similar. I did lose the plot somewhat when I came across the Awards Awards.
She won that award in the Southend gazette for the same sort of bullshit, and proudly stood in a pretty dress with the other winners. Her parebts set up the awards for foster carers and lo behold, they even went and won it themselves.

Jack will shill and want this piece of tat award and she'll proudly show it off if it ever got in her weird, dirty hands.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Liverpool it is then Lads! We can all go for vegan takeaway at Wu Tan Scran before heading to the Anglican to see Fack, who might be a prophet, being crowned!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
I'm too lazy to get my iPad out today but I have an image of Jack on a horse, in a poncho.
High Plains Grifter.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
If Fack wasn’t going to send the thrifty postcards they could have at least posted the patreons some of the frozen fish

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I love that investigative journalism nowadays is going into a forum and reading some opinions you don’t like.

Hardly Hunter S. Thomson joining the Hells Angels is it?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
I also hate the accusation we “hide” behind fake profiles FML as if tattle invented user names and avatars, meanwhile I guess to join a respectable site like reddit you need to apply to join up with your passport and a bill showing your address?
I'd still stand by what I say even if my full name was showing. Not a fan of the selfie, sideboard or otherwise, so I remain a giant blue monster forever more.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.